What's new

🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

Tuesday 24th May, shave #144.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, KCG #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Loaded a fresh KCG blade, and got a comfortable near-BBS.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 141 of 144 = 97.9%
Razor: Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 3
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: AP Shave Co White (26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock Black
Aftershave: RazoRock Black
Fragrance: Classic Match Vault
20220524_085559~2.jpg

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11781183

Wolfman .95
permasharp on 3rd use going to go one more :)
soap was conk lime and bay rum mixed again a bit drying for me :( but do love it just not sure long term use yet
Timeless bowl
brush is the Italian barber tri fav brush
Pinaud Clubman and nivea (the fav of my nivea)

ACD2DEAD-9ED6-48E2-B114-287420F27518.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, May 25th 2022. #145 of 145 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72, Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, 316 stainless constructed, excellent design for under the nose area, I get some of the best shaves with this DE razor and mostly carefree shaving + no blade tabs sticking out.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(1) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth + reasonable longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities. Makes great ubber lather(mixed in remnants of previous soap.
Brush : Yaqi black marble 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud clubman with witch hazel.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Gillette 7oClock SP.
SOTD May 25 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
145 of 145
An old friend returns shave#2

IMG_20220525_140127.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Schick
Soap: Palmolive Classic Cream
Brush: 20+ year old Boar brush bought at a pharmacy

Tonight I decided on a vintage shave with my vintage Schick blade. I used my Gillette Slim Twist, from the 1970's Palmolive Classic Cream both like my Dad used to use and a cheap boar brush I bought from a pharmacy more than 20 years ago. This was a shave straight out of the 1970's, my Dad would have been proud.
To be fair the shave felt like it was out of the 70's, the Slim Twist is light and has a plastic handle so you need to apply a little pressure to get a good shave. The shave itself was comfortable, but not quite as close as I hoped. It truly felt old skool but by the end of the final pass it was still a little rough on my neck so I lathered up again and buffed my neck. The final result was a BBS everywhere but on one side of my neck which was slightly rough.
For that 70s feeling I finished with a splash of Brut. It was a very nostalgic shave and made me think of my dad a lot, and well worth doing.

May 26th
145 of 146
PXL_20220526_142541953-01.jpeg

Koraat, Basic 2
MWF
Simpsons, Duke 3 in Best
Pinaud, Clubman

This weekend presents a dilemma for me. I'll be out sailboat racing both Saturday and Sunday and staying on the boat overnight. I expect to shave, but life aboard never goes quite according to plan...

Then there's the question of the kit. Old Type (convenience), GEM (only slightly less convenient), shavette (closer to my preferred straights)? I think I'll pass on the traditional straight due to the salt water environment and having to pack a strop. Decisions, decisions...

May 26th
145 of 146
View attachment 1462247
Koraat, Basic 2
MWF
Simpsons, Duke 3 in Best
Pinaud, Clubman

This weekend presents a dilemma for me. I'll be out sailboat racing both Saturday and Sunday and staying on the boat overnight. I expect to shave, but life aboard never goes quite according to plan...

Then there's the question of the kit. Old Type (convenience), GEM (only slightly less convenient), shavette (closer to my preferred straights)? I think I'll pass on the traditional straight due to the salt water environment and having to pack a strop. Decisions, decisions...
Play safe! I'll miss your SR pics. Gorgeous.
I've not slept anywhere but in my own bed so far this year so have not had any daily shaving challenges.

Top Bottom