What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 335 for 335 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20211201_152642~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Shave #334
I made a mistake today, I tried a sample of a new soap and I absolutely love it, @SRLNY was kind enough to send me a sample of Ethos Vanilla Safi, it is wonderful. What I use is great, MDC & Ethos.

It does everything a great soap should just a little bit better.

Down side is this soap is very expensive, $185.00 for 7.5oz’s that implies $24.67/oz. My sample is enough for 2 shaves, I am going to really enjoy them.

Brush: Morris & Forndran 28mm Finest 2XL
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (4)
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi
Razor: Gillette 1956 B2 Red Tip
Post Shave: Lucky Tiger 🐅, and PdP No. 63 aftershave
2076182D-C33B-4C10-8275-7C85C3711320.jpeg

D7583B8F-7CD3-4ACB-985C-FEFE43295586.jpeg

Doug, 64 in

Wednesday 1st December, shave #335

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #1
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Got a perfect lather, which is always a good start. Went on to get a BBS face, and smooth comfortable neck result.

Thursday 2nd December, shave #336

Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #2

Had a repeat of yesterday's kit, but with MWF, and got an identically good shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
12/3/21 Shave 337 of 337
  • Blackland Blackbird SB
  • Personna red
  • Omega 011842
  • MdC Original
  • Dickenson’s WH
  • Floid Vigoroso
My Blackbird purchased in last week‘s big sale arrived yesterday and begged to be used today. This was a purchase made with some trepidation because of the aggressive reputation of the razor. Had the satisfaction guarantee not been made by Shane I would never have made the purchase.

Before beginning the shave, I dug out the styptic pencil. There was no need. I shaved steep and experienced no more blade feel than with my favorite razor to date a Blackland Tradere SB. The razor was nimble, smooth and extremely effective for me with no learning curve.

I hope this wasn’t beginners luck and the next shaves will be just as good. I’m looking forward to a fresh Nacet blade in it on Sunday.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Dec 3rd 2021, #337 of 337 consectutive days of shaving.

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, great little head design, you have to do a top cap visual alignment to the safety bar because they allowed clearances, easy to work the face and affordable for most folks. Blades cost more than the razor head if bought with out handle.
Blade: Schick proline 50mm P30 AC (4)- sharp & smooth, with reasonable longevity. I like using them, nice blade.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream. Very nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (misted)
Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice scrub, great lather painter. Favorite boar brush out of 3.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irrititaton + no weeper =:a17:Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 blade.
SOTD, Dec 3, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

12/3/21 Shave 337 of 337
  • Blackland Blackbird SB
  • Personna red
  • Omega 011842
  • MdC Original
  • Dickenson’s WH
  • Floid Vigoroso
My Blackbird purchased in last week‘s big sale arrived yesterday and begged to be used today. This was a purchase made with some trepidation because of the aggressive reputation of the razor. Had the satisfaction guarantee not been made by Shane I would never have made the purchase.

Before beginning the shave, I dug out the styptic pencil. There was no need. I shaved steep and experienced no more blade feel than with my favorite razor to date a Blackland Tradere SB. The razor was nimble, smooth and extremely effective for me with no learning curve.

I hope this wasn’t beginners luck and the next shaves will be just as good. I’m looking forward to a fresh Nacet blade in it on Sunday.
I doubt you'll regret picking up a Blackbird. Haven't used mine in a week or so and I miss it.

Shave 337. A month of boars for me. I have enough boars for using a different one each day of the week. Just received this soap and the seller recommends synthetic brushes. Oh well! Day two with the 1.65 Wolf. Very good razor and easy to use.
Imagepipe_52.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 3rd December, shave #337

Razor: GC.68 OC, Astra SP #3

Revisited the open comb Game Changer. I shouldn't have done two XTG passes with this, because one would have done the job, with less irritation.

Good close result, with marks off for over-shaving.

Saturday 4th December, shave #338

Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Back to the safety bar Game Changer. This is my favourite for everyday use. It's like the Rockwell R4 or R5, but more agile. BBS face, and 9.5 out of 10 for a smooth and non-irritated neck.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 339 for 339 = 100%
Razor: Tatara Nodachi SB (Masamune Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile For Men EdT Spray
20211205_130054~2.jpg

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Sunday 5th December, shave #339

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Synthetic Cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4, Astra SP #4

It got late, so chose the Rockwell for an autopilot DFS.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 340 for 340 = 100%
20211206_111052~2.jpg

Razor: Tatara Nodachi SB (Masamune Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20211206_111145~2.jpg

Top Bottom