What's new

34C/New Improved, interchangeable parts?

lasta

Blade Biter
Hey guys,

I dropped my Gillette NI top cap and now its a bit bent.

I used to own a Merkur 34C, and remember the design to be very similar. Is the top cap compatible with old Gillette?

Thanks,

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I used to own a Merkur 34C, and remember the design to be very similar. Is the top cap compatible with old Gillette?
Direct interchange possible as they're very close, your memory is fine @Invicta :tongue_sm . The chrome cap on the New Improved is a little milder, I didn't measure the widths yet. But they do swap either way even though the stud is a couple of millimeters longer for the 34C

full

full

I tried a dry quick shave of some stubble and it seems to clamp the blade just fine.

lasta

Blade Biter
Direct interchange possible as they're very close, your memory is fine @Invicta :tongue_sm . The chrome cap on the New Improved is a little milder, I didn't measure the widths yet. But they do swap either way even though the stud is a couple of millimeters longer for the 34C

full

full

I tried a dry quick shave of some stubble and it seems to clamp the blade just fine.

Thanks alot!!

Ordering another 34C now.

Thanks for enabling.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The bent cap might also be able to be repaired with some careful work and a plastic hammer.

Top Bottom