What's new

3 minute rule

Don't have any experience with foam.

But after the shower, as I am loading the cream into the lather bowl, I always have some left on finger, and I end up rubbing those on beard and let it sit for a few minutes, while I loading blade and lather in bowl. It seems to work alright.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you're NOT showering for some reason, that 3-minute soak is a good thing.

If I throw lather on dry growth and immediately start, ... It's like running the lawnmower in the woods!

AA

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That claim has been made for years. They claim that letting the lather sit on your beard helps to soften it. IMO, thats one of the advantages of face lathering.
Agreed.

I've seen advertisements back as far as the 1930's at least wherein shave soap or cream said it softened the whiskers. I shower before I shave and the soap and water make my whiskers easier to cut for sure. If I didn't shower first, then I'd be inclined to do some testing with leaving the lather on various amounts of time before shaving to see what effect it had and how long was optimal. As it is, I face lather and probably get about one minute of lather on the face before shaving - but I shower first so the whiskers are already softened.

Top Bottom