What's new

2020 Wet Shaving Conference and Expo???

Do you think their would be enough interest in wet shaving for an annual conference and expo? I was wondering about members from this site in general, but also open for all wet shavers to attend. I think if it ever got going it could grow into a large, well attended event. I could see vendors being interested in setting up booths at an expo to showcase their products. General open sessions and breakout sessions on various wet shaving topics and demonstrations would be a great way to learn more about the art of wet shaving and also network with fellow wet shavers. Have the administrators of this site ever considered something along the lines of say a "Badger and Blade 2020 Wet Shaving Conference and Expo?" Thanks, Mullard :001_smile

Do you think their would be enough interest in wet shaving for an annual conference and expo? I was wondering about members from this site in general, but also open for all wet shavers to attend. I think if it ever got going it could grow into a large, well attended event. I could see vendors being interested in setting up booths at an expo to showcase their products. General open sessions and breakout sessions on various wet shaving topics and demonstrations would be a great way to learn more about the art of wet shaving and also network with fellow wet shavers. Have the administrators of this site ever considered something along the lines of say a "Badger and Blade 2020 Wet Shaving Conference and Expo?" Thanks, Mullard :001_smile
Things like The Big Shave S'West (and the other past Big Shave events) coming up in April don't bring in a lot of traffic for just a one-day event. I think Regional Ones would be nice to attend. They take a lot of planning. I was involved in the vaping conventions across the country and we had thousands attend those. Wet Shaving is such a smaller niche to draw big crowds I think. But it sure would be nice.

If done well it would be a great event. It would have to be at a destination that draws people in itself. It would need a good selection of activities to include a diverse group of people. Some place like New Orleans, except that New Orleans doesn't have the shaving Mecca like some of the other places. There's no place like Maggard's or WCS. I would attend if it was affordable.

The first thing that comes to mind are the Pipe and tobacco shows that are held each year in Newark, Chicago and Richmond to name a few of the larger ones. Would it be a good idea to partner up with a shared hobby who already have the mechanism in place? It doesn’t need to be pipes and tobacco but you understand what I’m saying. Just look at some of the active sub forums on B&B. It seems that many of us share the same interests.

I believe they have hair shows and barbering competitions around the country. That might be another area to research.

I can only imagine what a monumental task it would be to put something together like that with a volunteer work force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things like The Big Shave S'West (and the other past Big Shave events) coming up in April don't bring in a lot of traffic for just a one-day event. I think Regional Ones would be nice to attend. They take a lot of planning. I was involved in the vaping conventions across the country and we had thousands attend those. Wet Shaving is such a smaller niche to draw big crowds I think. But it sure would be nice.
What I did mean to say is there is already the Big Shave events that are held in different states each year now. here was one very successful Big Shave that Doug said had over 500 people attend. So there already are events. Florida also has a group that has events and New York sponsors some Expos too. So, they already do exist.

Top Bottom