What's new

2020 Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor production model

How does this razor differ from the Sailor 2021? (Other than the gold ring of course)
  1. It looks like the published weight is the same, right?
  2. Is the handle length and diameter the same?
  3. The head?
  4. It's been mentioned the baseplate might be different but I don't know enough about the Sailors to have a clue?
  5. Is this essentially the same as the 2021 with a gold ring?
Happy shaves,

Jim

I can offer a little input. I think I own the only Master Collection on the street, #01. #02 is in transit. I also own a 2021 prototype.

1. Mine are close. From memory, the MC might be 5-6g lighter. I an weigh again if you'd like.
2. The MC handle is 5mm longer and 1mm in dia. Smaller. 14.8ish vs 13.8ish. Again, from memory and willing to verify.
3. The head, to my eye, is the same. I've only used the MC twice. At 4, they felt the same. At 6 the MC was a little smoother than I recalled the 2020. I will run them side by side next shave to confirm.
4. See #3
5. It is different as described above. The MC feels lighter than it is. The handle is much better, to me. It makes the razor a little more maneuverable. Both are perfectly balanced, from virtually the same spot.

The stand with the MC is impressive. Weighs like 270g or so.

Pics are of the 2 razors together.

Also, the MC is supposed to be machined, finished, and assembled by Murat by himself. Just a data point.

Hope this helps.

James
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is basically a limited collector's edition. There are some differences, I'm going by memory so please forgive me if I have missed out on a few things. I am sure @loot can chime in as he now owns one.

The overall average weight of the MC sits at 140g, compared to 136g for the standard '21.

The brushed finish is all over the head now, with a finer grain. The standard '21 has a high polish on both sides of the head, with larger grain work overall.

The handle is about 1mm slimmer, with finer knurling, and not as deeply etched.
It is also extended, to include an engraved detail under the knob; along with the gold ring.

The stand also comes with the set.

I have not shaved with the MC, but from recollection the standard '21 was an improvement from my '20 in terms of performance (smoother, more nimble and just as efficient).
Great posted. Pointed out some differences i missed.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I can offer a little input. I think I own the only Master Collection on the street, #01. #02 is in transit. I also own a 2021 prototype.

1. Mine are close. From memory, the MC might be 5-6g lighter. I an weigh again if you'd like.
2. The MC handle is 5mm longer and 1mm in dia. Smaller. 14.8ish vs 13.8ish. Again, from memory and willing to verify.
3. The head, to my eye, is the same. I've only used the MC twice. At 4, they felt the same. At 6 the MC was a little smoother than I recalled the 2020. I will run them side by side next shave to confirm.
4. See #3
5. It is different as described above. The MC feels lighter than it is. The handle is much better, to me. It makes the razor a little more maneuverable. Both are perfectly balanced, from virtually the same spot.

The stand with the MC is impressive. Weighs like 270g or so.

Pics are of the 2 razors together.

Also, the MC is supposed to be machined, finished, and assembled by Murat by himself. Just a data point.

Hope this helps.

James
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

You’re the Neil Armstrong of the razor galaxy, my friend.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks, @loot.

You've answered my questions.

I was strongly considering and had discussed with Murat ordering the regular Sailor 2021 with a gold ring. That offer may have been withdrawn. (I did not actually confirm that assumption with him.)

If the Master version handle is 80 mm instead of 75 that's okay with me. I'l admit to kinda liking the tank like look of the 75 mm, fatter handled 2021, but an ~13.8 mm handle is fat enough to suit me.

It's going to be about 10 days I think before I can order anything so any other information, shave reports, measurements, or whatever will be eagerly lapped up while I build up steam.

Thanks also to the other gentlemen answering my questions.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom