What's new

2015 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition

I've tabulated the results according to the following formula:
1st place vote= 3 points
2nd place vote= 2 points
3rd place vote= 1 point

Results:

The winner of the cast acrylic scales, with a point total of 45- Al_S. Congratulations!

The winner of the hone, with a point total of 56- jKyro. Congratulations!

The winner of the custom blade, with a point total of 73- shm. Congratulations!

Many thanks to Mbrando, for generously donating the prizes this year! Congratulations, to all of our participants!

Congrats to shm and jkyro, IMO, the results came out in the right order. to be honest, though I am thrilled with my razor (particularly the scales) I wouldn't have listed mine in the top three as there were many great entries. This competition was a great experience and I look forward to the next one. Special thanks to MBrando for sponsoring the contest and generously offering the prizes.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you all that participated and prodded people along. I should get your prizes out in the mail this week.

Congratulations!

- Mike

Thank you very much gentlemen.

This is truly a surprise, being up against some great looking razors in general, and especially the two competitors.
My personal favourite with a small margin was Al_S' version, I really like the shape and the white scales :thumbup:
I will have it in mind next time I'm at the butcher, as I would like to make a replica with bone scales sometime.

I will repeat fordfather's "Thank you" to mbrando for donating the prizes - truly an awesome gesture

Congratulations to all.

Shm, I'll be waiting for your GD to arrive at my house.:thumbup:

I sent it to you before I went on vacation, but it was in my mailbox when I returned with a note on it; "Return to sender" :blink: - so I'll just hang on to it now :wink:

I sent it to you before I went on vacation, but it was in my mailbox when I returned with a note on it; "Return to sender" :blink: - so I'll just hang on to it now :wink:

Shoot! The wife must have checked the mail first. Thanks for trying.

Love these GD competitions every year. Where's a good place to buy a few of these to start 'practicing' for next year? Any reputiable dealers out there?

Love these GD competitions every year. Where's a good place to buy a few of these to start 'practicing' for next year? Any reputiable dealers out there?
I think eBay and aliexpress were options. I don't know if you can find them at any of the reputable shaving supply vendors.

Star shaving used to be a good place to buy in the U.S. to save a little shipping time, I haven't bought from them in a long time though. They will cost a little more.

Oops...saw your address. Fast US shipping won't help you much in Hong Kong!

Last edited:
An awesome parcel has arrived in Denmark :001_smile

It is a very beautiful razor with a good weight to it.
I will now have to decide how I best can dress this beautiful lady to make her look her best.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And once again a big Thank you to Mike for donating such nice prices :thumbup: - a true Gentleman.

Oops...saw your address. Fast US shipping won't help you much in Hong Kong!
Funny enough, all of the China websites i've found them on refuse to ship to Hong Kong....it's like 50 miles but instead i need to source them from the U.S. if possible. Ridiculous.

Just got back from my training exercise. Getting back into the swing of things. Thanks everyone for the votes and the participants! This was my first competition doing this and I had a blast. Can't wait for next year!

Thanks mbrando for supplying the prizes, too! My barbers hone is a pretty sweet new tool to add to the toolbox!

Top Bottom