What's new

2015 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition

I ordered five earlier this week. Ive got no chance given the wonderful talent here, but hopefully the challenge will push me to greater heights than I would have done on my own.
That's the spirit! The gents are good at stirring up the constructive juices!

So can I use a gold dollar I had honed previously but have otherwise done nothing to? If so I'm definitely in...I was planning on doing something with that razor as it was my first "successful" shaving edge and now just collects dust.
I've been wanting an excuse to breathe new life into it...

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

And a huge thanks to mbrando and The Restored Razor for supplying the prizes!

Hello,

You are very welcome. I'm anxious to see what people do too.

So can I use a gold dollar I had honed previously but have otherwise done nothing to? If so I'm definitely in...I was planning on doing something with that razor as it was my first "successful" shaving edge and now just collects dust.
I've been wanting an excuse to breathe new life into it...

Don't forget to post take the before pictures so we can see what you started with.

- Mike

Annnnnnnnnd.......They're off!

A rare, behind the scenes look at a Gold Dollar Mod contest...

Last edited by a moderator:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I started one for last years contest but never got around to finishing it. I might have to see if I can find it and have a go at completing it.

I ordered five earlier this week. Ive got no chance given the wonderful talent here, but hopefully the challenge will push me to greater heights than I would have done on my own.

What do you say guys-are you in?? :thumbup:

I just got pif'ed a gold dollor 66. Just glad we have until July 1st. Now to come up with a design, make it, learn to sharpen, and my first straight shave. Other than that, this will be easy. I just hope to finish in the top 95%

Last edited:
Okay, I'm ready to roll.

$SDC15386.jpg

I've got 8 66's sitting around. Can't spend money on modifying them though, damn sabbatical.
Check with your sabbatical leader. This is a B&B sanctioned event, just like The Sue Moore Auction and Mr Bingle, both of which are open to sabbatical participants!

Top Bottom