What's new

2015 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition

Just got back from my training exercise. Getting back into the swing of things. Thanks everyone for the votes and the participants! This was my first competition doing this and I had a blast. Can't wait for next year!

Thanks mbrando for supplying the prizes, too! My barbers hone is a pretty sweet new tool to add to the toolbox!

Hello,

You're welcome. It was a lot fun.

I've had a few people in looking at razors since finishing my GD mod. They are shocked to learn it was born a GD. No takers though.

- Mike

After some decision-making I chose to make the scales out of ziricote wood - I love the dark wood and the grains.

Personally I am quite pleased with the result (it's only my second set of home-made scales), and I hope you at least don't think I mutilated this beautiful razor.
It will take a little more maintenance from my side, but I chose too use beeswax on the scales. I love the deeper colour it gives the wood compared to varnish/lacquer.

Attachments

• $Brandonision and Bro - 2.jpg
    $Brandonision and Bro - 2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 176
Hello,

You did a really nice job on building your Uno. They have a classic flare the scales with white wedge. Very nice. I like them.

- Mike

Top Bottom