What's new

2010 FIFA World Cup

U S A of course! but this World Cup belongs to Spain; they are the best European team and it is about time they win a WC. :thumbup:

I'm watching the Dutch team. I think they are going to have some success with Sneijder and Robben as a midfield-forward combination. Robben's a natural forward, but gets width as a winger better than most.

And for the record, I'm an American who watches at least 6 football (the real kind) matches a week. We're not all bad on this side of the world!

It's a shame about support for US soccer they have a good team.

I expect England to crash and burn...Brazil are favourites in my eyes, Spain won't do it again with their injured and off form players

I have an itch for Holland this year if they can keep it together.

Spain?

They are so deep, its ridiculous

I can see why they are the #1 favorites, but...........

It's also the 1st time ever that Spain is going to the WC as the #1 favorites; they are not used to having that status, unlike Brazilians who are used to that

It's gonna be interesting to see how they handle that kind of expectations

German supporter here (for the last 24 years I might add.) After seeing them reach the final one too many times and not winning, I think they may take it this year!

Spain?

They are so deep, its ridiculous

I can see why they are the #1 favorites, but...........

It's also the 1st time ever that Spain is going to the WC as the #1 favorites; they are not used to having that status, unlike Brazilians who are used to that

It's gonna be interesting to see how they handle that kind of expectations

We will see...if Torres, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabrigas, Senna were not struggling to recover I'd agree with you.

USA !!

Hopefully none of the filthy rich European teams will win though I wouldn't mind if Germany won this time. Who is going to headbutt who this time ?

Last edited:
USA !!

Hopefully none of the filthy rich European teams will win though I wouldn't mind if Germany won this time. Who is going to headbutt who this time ?

Jose Altidore tryout for that honor and it earned him a red card a week or two ago. I think that he just might be the favorite.

proxy.php

:lol: :lol:

I will, of course, being cheering on the USA when they are playing, but I really love to watch Spain on the pitch. My wife has always been a huge fan of Brazil, as well, so it should be quite interesting.

Interestingly no one has mentioned Argentina. I don't think they will with Maradonna as the helm.

Go Australia!!

Can't wait. Will be watching Australia all the way.
My brother is still looking at heading over to SA but is running low on cash reserves. Cause most Aussie games are on here at crap times there will be some red-eyed mornings at work.

The USA has a chance. They are much better than past years. The USA's schedule should be somewhat easier if they win their group.
Win the group? You must be joking. They'll finish second to England, and bow out in the round of 16.

Just because they made a run in the Confederations Cup doesn't mean the USA is any better than they were in '06. Dempsey and Donovan are pretty good players, and at least DeMarcus Beasley has evolved past the point where he used to run the length of the pitch before losing control of the ball in the final third or falling down.

Altidore is a snore. Eddie Johnson can't stay on his feet either or hit the broad side of a barn -- and the rest of the outfield players are nothing, IMO.

I'd love to see a Spain v. England final, or even a Germany v. Holland final. I'd also like to see at least one African nation reach the semis. I can't see either Brazil or Argentina reaching the final, but who knows with talisman players like Kaka and Messi?

Although I am not a massive fan of football, it is difficult not to get involved during the large tournaments. I am an Australian living in Switzerland, so you can probably guess which teams I will be supporting :) I will also buy an Argentinian shirt - sky blue and white are my college colours and I think that the Argies are cool.

Top Bottom