What's new

1st shave with SE....and WOW!

Just got mine in the mail today. Opened it up and popped a blade in there and DANG that is a lot of blade exposure/gap:mellow:...I double checked to make sure the edge is seated under the notches.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous about trying this one out. I usually shave between class and work around 11 am but I might have to give this one ago tonight or possibly wait until a day off just in case I peel my face like a potato.

I gave mine it's second go tonight and I am impressed. Great shave, no weepers, no irritation. If I can duplicate these results, this razor will find its way into my rotation.

Just tried out the OCMM tonight for the first time and I am pleased at punch. I had 6 days worth of growth which for me is a pretty decent beard. When I shaved with a cart I would have probably taken trimmers to it. I skipped the trimming and the first WTG pass mowed it right down. Two WTG passes and one XTG netted me a CCS with no cuts, weepers, or razor burn. I was being very cautious possibly overly so and I wouldn't call it a DFS but close. Anybody have any tips for the chin area?

Just tried out the OCMM tonight for the first time and I am pleased at punch. I had 6 days worth of growth which for me is a pretty decent beard. When I shaved with a cart I would have probably taken trimmers to it. I skipped the trimming and the first WTG pass mowed it right down. Two WTG passes and one XTG netted me a CCS with no cuts, weepers, or razor burn. I was being very cautious possibly overly so and I wouldn't call it a DFS but close. Anybody have any tips for the chin area?

Chin area was very hard for me with the SE, couldn't get a comfy shave down there.

P

Pjotr

Pull the skin up or down so you get a flat surface to shave. If not still really keep the head flat on any curved ares. This does require an almost exaggerated wrist and arm movement to do so but really can be worth the effort.

Welcome to the Gemocracy! So far I must say they are the best razors out there. The Gems SS are great blades. I get no irritation using them. Even ATG on the neck! But of course YMMV.

Top Bottom