What's new

132 Blades - Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge

The Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge is a good blade to be sure. The disappointment was that it couldn't get to BBS and the pleasant surprises were how it smoothed out very nicely and how it ended, it gave an acceptable last shave while letting me know it was time for replacement. The score was 8.0 overall, right on that line I think separates a worthy blade from the common heard. As I shave with more blades, it has become apparent that my dividing line for round 2 (where I buy multiple blades of each and settle on 2-3 for 100 blade buys) will likely not include this blade; it simply won't be in my "potential best" category. Still, having said that, were I to see a tuck on sale over the counter would I spend a buck or two? I sure would.

1693757205332.png

Next up: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

Back when I started with DE, these were the first blades that I bought in bulk.

In those days they were significantly sharper than they are now, but I think they have always had quite a heavy amount of PTFE on them. That explains why they feel a bit rough for the first couple of strokes, then start to smooth out significantly. They are still a good blade, but nowadays probably Nacets are the closest equivalent to what the old ones were like in terms of sharpness and feel.

I find them to be well above average -- nice and sharp, and about 100 shaves per blade as opposed to my long term average of 70. I would be happy if they were all I could find.

Top Bottom