What's new

Wizamet Junior P1

Item Description

Well having purchased 3 of the Lux razors from the Ebay seller in Poland it was only a matter of time before I had to give one of these a whirl.

View attachment 36856

It's a full Aluminium construction ,which makes it extremely light and therefore very.....very easy to get a non irratation shave.

Loaded with an Astra I managed a wonderful easy shave,I would say it's on a par with the Gillette Tech on the aggressive side,though I cannot emphasise just how light weight this razor is ,so a bad technique could and no doubt will lead to more passes that said you would REALLY have to make a genuine effort to nick yourself with this ,probably why they call it a Junior eh ?

Either way this makes for a very interesting razor ,which at less than £5 aint no great output of cash if you dont like it

Latest reviews

I have to agree with Nigeyy. It IS ugly, cheap, lightweight. But it shaves excellently. These are made by the factory that used to manufacture polsilvers and Polsilver Iridium in the past. Needless to say when I put a Polsilver blade in it, the shave is wonderful. I wouldn't compare it to a tech. It is a bit more aggressive and easier to shave with if you have tough beard. The strange thing with this razor is that though it is not very aggressive, when I put in any of the top-sharpness blades in it I don't get very good results.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
1.00 star(s)
I think I might be similar to many people -I bought a Lux razor and thought what the heck, and included a Wizamet in the order as well. Total came to about $8 including shipping.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, and was quite surprized. First, let me get it out of the way that this razor looks cheap, feels cheap and straight out of the box has a dull finish. It's made out of aluminium, so it's as light as a feather (well, perhaps a little exaggeration). But after looking closer, I realized the blade alignment was good, everything was square, and after a good polish with some old auto polish I had, came out looking nice and shiny. The handle has some acceptable knurling on it, and feels good and non-slippery to your fingers. So yes, it's not the nicest looking or feeling razor (the head is kind of ugly in a rudimentary/agrarian/functional sort of way!) but it is made out of metal, and it is accommodating to your wallet.

One unexpected aspect of this razor is that because of its lightness, it felt very much like a disposable plastic razor -which of course depending on your personal taste can be a good or a bad thing.

So the ultimate question is "how does it shave?" The answer is remarkably well -it gives a very nice shave! I also found it to be more aggressive than other reviewers (that might just be me or the razor having a larger gap). I also seemed to be able to zoom around my face much faster due to its lightweight.

So where exactly does this leave this razor? Well, since I'm a cyclo-tourist, and I have to watch every bit of weight in my kit as I will be lugging it around -this razor is of course perfect for that reason! Also even if it is lost or stolen at a campsite, it's really no big deal or loss. Though of course I could take a disposable plastic razor, I do like the fact I only use razor blades with this, and I won't be creating more plastic in those landfills.

Would I use if for my primary razor? If I was only concerned with a good shave and not the whole experience, probably yes. But I enjoy the whole experience; I don't care for a lightweight razor. I prefer a more solid, thick heavy quality piece. I'd recommend this razor as a great little travel razor or in your gym bag as another reviewer recommended. It might also serve well as an introductory razor, though the cheapness and lightweight might also put someone off.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
2.00 star(s)
Hi

Used mine this morning for the first time.
Well, it certainly feels like the cheapest razor I have ever held, like something out of a Xmas cracker. It is cheap metal of some sort, cheaply manufactured with small rough edges, scratches all over it, a few small indents in the head etc etc etc.
I loaded a feather blade, did some good prep and off I went.

The razor is ridiculously light, as if its made of plastic, but its a nice length,slim and very agile. There were no areas I couldnt get to and the handle didnt slip in my hand at any time. I did four passes and the blade just skimmed across my face.

The result............. BBS shave and zero irritation !!!! :ohmy:

This looks like the cheapest razor in the world, its not pretty, it will make you laugh, you might even hide it from your mates in the gym, but I can tell you , this razor with a feather will give you a lovely little irritation free shave.

Its very cheap so go and try one, have a giggle then write a review. mine is now in my gym bag and I have ordered a few more to leave in different locations so I always have a razor to hand i.e locker at work, boot of car, girlfriends house etc.

all the best
London.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)