What's new

Taylor's Lavender

Item Description

This was the first cream I purchased after switching to DE shaving. I had heard great things about Taylor's creams in general and read that the Lavender was a great scent. I wasn't disappointed.

Price: Purchased this tub, 150g, for $13.50 from Classicshaving. After comparing with other prices I think it is very affordable and a little bit goes a long way. I would say a tub would last about 6-8 months at my current rate.

Quality: Quality is very good. I have not had any problems with cream separating although I understand this can happen in extreme heat.

Scent: Clearly this is going to depend on what you like but I find the Lavender scent to be masculine, fresh and clean. It is not overpowering. My girlfriend loves it and it I feel bad putting on an after shave balm even if it is unscented because I don't want to hide the scent.

Latherability: As with most Taylor creams the latherability is very good. It took me a while to get the hang of making good lather but that was due to my inexperience, not the cream. A small dollop makes enough lather for a 3-4 pass shave every time.

Efficacy: This worked exactly as I thought. I got good shaves with a pleasant scent and excellent moisturizing qualities.

Moisturizing Properties: Before switching over to DE and wetshaving my face was very dry from a combination of shaving and acne medication. This cream is GREAT for moisturizing. I only use an ASB when I think I need it because the cream does a great job. It has also almost completely eliminated my acne, although its hard to pinpoint the exact cause, could be wet shaving in general.

Packaging: My tub came intact and nothing had leaked as some other reviewers state. The tub is plastic and does a good job holding product, but isn't anything too flashy. That is fine with me. I would rather pay less for packaging and get more product; I didn't buy this cream for the tub to put on display but because I had heard good things about the product.

Overall: A great cream that I will surely continue to use in the future. I was unsure when I purchased it how great lavender would be but I really like it now. At $13.50 a tub any serious wet shaver should try it out.

Latest reviews

Pros: Very Good Lather, Very good Scent, Amazing Cushion.
Cons: Not Available Locally, Price.
Very good cream. Had it a few months now but have only used it on a couple of occasions.

Amazing lather and amazing scent!

I Must-Try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: natural lavender scent; lubricating; easy to lather
This cream has a deliciously light lavender scent that appears to be made from pure lavender essential oil. A small almond-sized dollop will produce enough creamy lather for at least 4 passes. The cream whips up easily and quickly into thick luscious mounds of gently-scented lavender goodness for your face. Leaves the face feeling smooth, soft, and clean and without any irritation. This product is parabens-free and on the lid the manufacturer notes the product is "herbal, aromatics, and pure." Wonderful stuff!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, scent, scent!
Cons: not slick
The is one of the truest lavenders out there, an instant classic. The cream comes in a utilitarian, tan, plastic tub. It's a bright purple color, and upon opening the tub the wonderful lavender scent fills the room. It truly is a wonderful scent! An almond-size "snurdle" easily gives me plenty of cushiony lather, but I find that I cannot get this cream to be creamy or slick, which is rather disappointing. I've found that QCS Lavender, while not as strong a scent, is just as nice and consistently produces a much better lather for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)