What's new

Taylor's Lavender

Pros: Very Good Lather, Very good Scent, Amazing Cushion.
Cons: Not Available Locally, Price.
Very good cream. Had it a few months now but have only used it on a couple of occasions.

Amazing lather and amazing scent!

I Must-Try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: natural lavender scent; lubricating; easy to lather
This cream has a deliciously light lavender scent that appears to be made from pure lavender essential oil. A small almond-sized dollop will produce enough creamy lather for at least 4 passes. The cream whips up easily and quickly into thick luscious mounds of gently-scented lavender goodness for your face. Leaves the face feeling smooth, soft, and clean and without any irritation. This product is parabens-free and on the lid the manufacturer notes the product is "herbal, aromatics, and pure." Wonderful stuff!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, scent, scent!
Cons: not slick
The is one of the truest lavenders out there, an instant classic. The cream comes in a utilitarian, tan, plastic tub. It's a bright purple color, and upon opening the tub the wonderful lavender scent fills the room. It truly is a wonderful scent! An almond-size "snurdle" easily gives me plenty of cushiony lather, but I find that I cannot get this cream to be creamy or slick, which is rather disappointing. I've found that QCS Lavender, while not as strong a scent, is just as nice and consistently produces a much better lather for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is a great cream. Its the only TOBS product I have left and will ever replenish when I'm out. It makes a great lather and gives a good shave. A little goes a long way with this and the tub should last you a long time. Be careful with the tubes of this though, the caps tend to break easily if you tighten them too much.
I think this is a fine cream. I have really gotten into lavender the past few months. This cream has a nice lavender scent without being overpowering or overly floral. It still has a masculine edge to it. I have found that a little goes a long way and I can make a very nice cream with this without wasting a lot of product. The packaging is solid, but a bit boring.

I can safely recommend this product to any lavender fan. :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Lathers awesome. Slick and cushiony. Moisturizes well. Very close shave. Not the scent for me. That doesn't mean you won't like it.

Great cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
the scent is... not bad... just doesn't seem to reeeaaallllllyyyyy permeate.. though it lathers as well as any of the Taylors...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
As I've mentioned in a few places on B&B, my SWMBO doesn't like the smell of my Trumper's Violet cream. So it was with a heavy heart that I lit out in search of more pleasing scents, and bought a tub of Taylor's Lavender cream.

Upon opening the tub, I was struck by the powerful aroma. In truth, after using it to shave both my face and head, it may be almost too powerful. I detected faint notes that were almost chocolaty, which makes for an odd combination. I confess it's not quite what I was expecting.

This cream lathers like a beast. If you take an almond-sized dollop, you'll have enough to render yourself as hairless as Bob Geldof in the movie version of Pink Floyd's The Wall. I picked out a dime-sized bit with my Vulfix 2197 (Pure badger) and face-lathered to a slick, stiff-peak consistency within 60 seconds. There was enough left on the brush for a two-pass face shave, and an initial-pass lathering of my head.

Shaving with the cream is as wonderful as with the Avocado, another of my favorite Taylor's creams. My late-'40s SS and an Astra blade (1 face shave and 1 head shave in) gave me a DFS after two passes, and there was no blade bouncing, skipping or other hijinks. As with the Avocado, I was able to overlap strokes (not everyone's cup of tea; YMMV!), and not get any razor burn or irritation.

Post-shave was where this cream really shines. It has an incredible moisturizing effect; my whole face felt soft and slightly damp, the way it feels after I've used really high-quality moisturizing spray.

Bottom line is that this will join the Avocado in my top rotation; it performs fantastically well (and close to spectacular), and the aroma is quite pleasant if not quite up to the Trumper's Violet in my humble opinion.

As for SWMBO, she hasn't rendered a final verdict. Such is life, my friends. But I give it :thumbup: and would recommend it for its standout performance.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This soap gets mixed reviews and has been described here as rough as sandpaper and statements are made that TOBS soap doesn't compare to TOBS creme. I have used it once and was more than pleased. The scent is more true to Lavender than AOS Lavender. The bottom line is that this is a luxury soap that won't disappoint and that is a slightly lower price than the other English luxury soaps from an old big name in shaving.
First off I think the scent sucks until you whip it up and lather on your face then it smells like a manly floral scent. Just a Dollop and I get enough for a 3 pass shave plus some. I've used it now for 2 months and get fantastic shaves with it leaving my face BBS almost everytime.
Definately a permanent part of my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This was my first tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street (or any tub for that matter) and I immediately loved the scent and the shaves it delivered. However, that was over two years ago. Since then I've tried a vast array of products and found my favorites. Compared to other creams and soaps I use Taylor's just doesn't do it for me. It tends to dry my skin out and if I use it exclusively for just a week or so my beard tends to grow back rougher than when I use other products.

I do still use it occasionally because I like the scent, but I wouldn't make this my one and only, or even one of three...

All in all, Taylor's just doesn't do much for me. It did at one time, but I guess experience has taught me better.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I have to admit this was my first shaving cream I used when I started to wet shave a few months ago so I can only compare it to a few other creams. I do have to say it is a great product though. I have grown to love the scent and how easy it is to whip up a great lather. The price is very reasonable when compared to the other high-end English creams. I know now that I want to try a few of Taylor's other products as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
It was the best price of the "three T's." But it didn't knock my socks off. It was OK. Weak scent, irritating to my skin and the lather wouldn't hold up to heat. I also found the water ratio too picky, just a little too much and my razor would "skip-to-my-loo."
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Actually they do ! It's called TOBS Lavender Water.
I must say that I am impressed with the scent of this cream. It is a luscious English lavender. It is also synthetic so it won't offend people with sensitive skin. Has all the wonderful properties of all TOBS products. If only they may an aftershave.
I just got a tub of this for my birthday and im very disappointed in the scent. I tried it this morning and on my second lather I had to wash it off before I vomited french toast everywhere. This is probably the most horrible smell I have ever expirenced in a shaving cream. It has Trumpers Violet beat by a long shot in the stink department.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is a nice cream but not in the top three of TOBS creams. The scent is also nice but again not great or one I really feel I have to have in my rotation. The cream lathers very well and provides a very comfortable shave. It is not in my opinion as good a cream as the T&H products. It is however, less expensive than T&H and I find the tubes while on the small side last plenty long.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I've always loved the smell of lavender, and so I thought this would be a good choice after a fantastic experience with TOBS Rose.

*Sigh* I wanted to like this more, but can't. The tub I got had an odd consistency -- it was REALLY thick compared to the creamyness of other TOBS products (I think there's a thread around here that explores this idea in further detail).

This, in my experience, is not the easiest cream to lather. It seems finicky with proportions. Also, the lather never felt very slick to me and would dry out after the first pass! Irritating (in multiple ways).

The scent is a pretty good lavender scent, which my fiancee loves, but it has some note in it that I don't care for. I can't put my fioger on it, but it is not pleasant. The good news -- it smells better after you lather up, but that one "sour" note still lingers a bit.

I'm going to be looking for another lavender cream, which is a shame because the price is right at TOBS, but I'd rather pay for good shaves than poor.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is the first shaving cream I bought to use with a brush. I still have the original tub but there's very little left in it. I use it in my daily rotation because it's a workhorse, it consistently gives me the lather and efficacy I am looking for in a shave cream. The only thing I like the least of this is the scent, or I should say the LACK of Lavender scent. The scent is nice and I like it, but to me, it's just not Lavender.

Would I buy Taylors Lavender again? Heck yeah!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Not as great as the Rose and Avocado IMO. The scent is really lacking. Not saying it should be overpowering but I think it's a little too subdued. In every other aspect though it's a winner.. Lather, lubrication, moisturizing.. All top notch.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)