What's new

Taylor's Eton College Collection Shave Cream

Item Description

In my zeal for acquiring shaving creams, I stocked up on a variety of Taylor's products. As this is Taylor's week on the board, I thought it appropriate to update reviews while they're fresh in my mind and on my face.

Price - Like all Taylor's products, these 5.3 oz tubs are a bargain. I got this particular tub at Cotton Blossom Crafts for $13.50 which seems to be about the going rate. I will say, whereas Taylor's Creams from other vendors arrived sealed in plastic, this one from Cotton Blossom arrived unwrapped. It made me think the nice scent had leaked out. See below.

Scent - Well, I'll admit, this one didn't knock my socks off as did their Avacado and floral scents. It's a very "clean" smelling soap, with just a hint of some floral scents. I just passed the tub over to dearest wife (who's sitting here next to me) and she says it "just smells like ivory soap"

Latherability - Can't beat the latherability of Taylor's. An almond size dollop yielded 4 passes, plus enough for more if needed

Moisturizing Properties - Not quite as moisturizing as their floral scents, but it didn't leave me dried out by any means.

Packaging - Standard Taylor's Plastic tub, but in a Dark Blue (not Eaton Blue) container.

Quality / Efficacy - Overall good stuff, like just about everything else in the Taylor line. Just not that knock you over scent that makes me crave the other products in their line.

Latest reviews

Pros: Price scent efficacy
Cons: None
I have a few tobs products and they never disappoint. Not as good as the lavender. Walgreens online has a couple products and they also have some pinaud and other great products not in their stores and free shipping over 25$ so you can't beat it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather and fantastic scent.
Cons: Packaging. I wish it didn't have the inner plastic lid. I would prefer a sealed plastic cover that you peel off.
This is the first TOBS product that I have tried. Up till this point I have only used AOS Sandalwood and C.O. Bigelow Menthol Eucalyptus.

I really like the citrus scent of the Eton College and the lather was everything that I had read about Taylor products. The results were outstanding.

My only criticism of the product is in the packaging. The tub and screw lid is just fine, however my product had an internal plastic lid that, when lifted off, had a huge glob of cream attached to it. This may sound picky, but I'd just soon have a sealed internal cover that you would pull off and discard.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Gobs of Lather!
Ivory Soap! Really! As a kid growing up, Ivory Soap was all we ever had in the house, My father was a wet shaver, way back in the day, and he held it in the palm of his hand with a brush. I have no idea how he rated it but, as I said, it was all we had in the house so, he used it. I love the aroma of Eton. I also have Mr. Taylor. It is a toss-up for me.Love both but, they are different. Mr. Taylor is more perfumie while Eton has a floral scent that I can't put my finger on. I have been wet shaving for over a year now and my first tub was T&H 1805. Don't know what to make of that stuff. Great in every way but the scent is kinda funky, at least to me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)