What's new

Taylor's Eton College Collection Shave Cream

Pros: Price scent efficacy
Cons: None
I have a few tobs products and they never disappoint. Not as good as the lavender. Walgreens online has a couple products and they also have some pinaud and other great products not in their stores and free shipping over 25$ so you can't beat it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather and fantastic scent.
Cons: Packaging. I wish it didn't have the inner plastic lid. I would prefer a sealed plastic cover that you peel off.
This is the first TOBS product that I have tried. Up till this point I have only used AOS Sandalwood and C.O. Bigelow Menthol Eucalyptus.

I really like the citrus scent of the Eton College and the lather was everything that I had read about Taylor products. The results were outstanding.

My only criticism of the product is in the packaging. The tub and screw lid is just fine, however my product had an internal plastic lid that, when lifted off, had a huge glob of cream attached to it. This may sound picky, but I'd just soon have a sealed internal cover that you would pull off and discard.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Gobs of Lather!
Ivory Soap! Really! As a kid growing up, Ivory Soap was all we ever had in the house, My father was a wet shaver, way back in the day, and he held it in the palm of his hand with a brush. I have no idea how he rated it but, as I said, it was all we had in the house so, he used it. I love the aroma of Eton. I also have Mr. Taylor. It is a toss-up for me.Love both but, they are different. Mr. Taylor is more perfumie while Eton has a floral scent that I can't put my finger on. I have been wet shaving for over a year now and my first tub was T&H 1805. Don't know what to make of that stuff. Great in every way but the scent is kinda funky, at least to me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Very unique fragrance in the cream... it is either love at first scent, or you will smell it and then try and saw your nose off. Some find it too floral of a scent... some love its complexity.. I find that I have to be in the right mood.

Lathers and shaves like a TOBS. For the money you can't get better lather, especially when paired with a good silvertip.

Works great everytime... I don't find it to be moisturizing.

Try a sample pack before spending the money on it. The scent is not for everyone. However I am going to pick up the cologne one of these days. I enjoy it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
TOBS are one of my favorite producers of shaving creams. The Eton college cream is as classical when it comes to smell as the Eton itself. If you buy from TOBS own internet site you get a very good price. My girlfriend loved the smell from the Eton cream, I think it was a little too much, but it is a nice cream for sure.

I have used most of the TOBS creams, and must say that one is clearly better that the others, the Avocado with the new formula. I will always have TOBS Avocado in my rotation, can`t say the same about the Eton college.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: $14.99 ($20 w/shipping) not bad considering most "luxury" shave creams are in the $25-$40 price range.

Quality: Decent.

Scent: Great scent. Very fresh, soapy, light citrus like aroma.

Latherability: Very Good. This stuff produces a lot of lather with little effort or product.

Efficacy & Moisturising Properties: Slickness and razor glide aren't very good with this cream. I end up with nicks and dry skin after shaving.

Packaging: Nothing special. Cream colored tub with blue writing on it. (Didn't get the pretty blue tub I was expecting :glare:)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
This was my very first shave cream when I first started DE wet shaving in January of 2009. I got this stuff in January of 2009 and just ran out of it last month. Basically the stuff lasted a year and a quarter. Amazing. I absolutely love the scent. The tub I got was not blue with white lettering as shown in the photo here. My tub was cream colored with blue lettering. Maybe they changed the formulation. I was struck by the comment above where the writer said his wife thought the stuff smelled just like Ivory soap. In my world, nothing could be further from the scent I experienced. Wonderful warm, aromatic, semi-citrus scent. I would often wander into my shave den to pick the stuff up and just take a whiff, it was so great. The cream I re-ordered to replace this stuff was Taylor's Sandalwood shave cream. Just for the sake of exploration and variety. Talk about an Ivory Soap scent. Now if anyone had made that comment about the Sandalwood I would not be surprised. But the Eaton College? It has a wonderful scent. I miss the stuff. It lathered great, shaved great. I guess I'll have to wait a while.
My favorite of the Taylor's line. Great scent at a reasonable price, and the Taylor creams generally outperform my other English creams costing twice as much.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This stuff is very nice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love the smell, price, lather. This cream performs as well as my more costly creams and soaps and it smells amazing. This is a cream no one should look over.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I really wanted to try this out as many here commentedon it's "old school masculine" scent. So off I went to Winn Perry in Portland to sniff my way to a new cream.
I like it!! No....I love it!! Very nice scent and superb in the lather dept.
I still prefer my Grafton the most but this is a close second.

Jim
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I really feel that TOBS is having serious quality controls problem.
This TOBS cream, as well as others tends to vary from batch to batch.
This most recent tub really dries out my face, and makes me very much more prone to cuts and nicks. I don't think my face can afford another try with this product.

The very next day, I used Wilkinson Sword bowl, cheap as dirt, but left me more much more satisfied.

TOBS has potential, but QA has been overlooked recently.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
This is the first Taylor's product I have tried, and I got it off of a trade with Guitarfan for a jar of C&E SAO. So I can't comment directly on price, but based on what I have seen, it is really reasonable for being an upper end cream.
This stuff lathers amazingly. I couldn't believe how well it did. The lather was thick and moist and made my Swede Gillette in my Merkur Classic glide across my face.
The scent was very fresh. I don't know how best to describe it. I think it would be a great summertime fragrance, but I'll probably keep it in the rotation year round (since I don't have that much of an inventory to segregate them based on seasons!).
I am sold on Taylor's products, and now need to go feed my SCAD some more.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I too like this product as I have been on quite a Taylor's quick as of late.

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said in the many reviews.

It's prob. not for everyone based on this cologne scent, but I do like it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I bought a tube of this a while back, great stuff:

Price: a little pricey
Quality: top notch cream, became a little runnier over time, but not effect on the performance
Scent: Love the scent, nice and crisp for the fall
Lather: this lathers great! thick and dense
Efficacy: nice slick lather
Moisturizing: Didn't notice either way, so I guess that's good
Packaging: bought the cheap plastic tube, and the cap just broke on me. luckily, i had a small empty tub to transfer the remains.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This was the first cream I got when changing from cartridges to DE shaving and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others. If you like the scent, that is.

PRICE: ~$20 shipped, not bad considering the number of shaves you'll get with the amount in the tub.

QUALITY: Not a huge moisturiser, but gets the job done with little irritation.

SCENT: Clean, almost a soap-like aroma.

LATHERABILITY: With a brush, a small dollop will produce enough lather for at least 5 passes.

EFFICACY & MOISTURIZING PROPERTIES: Produces a nice shave, aroma is subjective, but I like the clean smell it produces, however, you'll probably need an ASB or moisturiser afterwards.

PACKAGING: Plastic tub with a sticker on the lid.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price and Quality: It's Taylor's. Do I need to say more? Good stuff for a good price.

Scent: Not my favorite. My tub seems to have some deep, heavy scent that I can't place. It doesn't quite agree with me, somehow.

Latherability, Efficacy, Moisturizing: It's Taylor's. All very good.

Packaging: Just a plastic tub. Blue adds a bit but it's still just PVC with a sticker slapped on it. It's not a display piece so I don't mind.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I like this cream. Smells more like Trumper Eucris than Eton College AS to my nose, but since I like that classic GFT fragrance rather a lot, there is no problem.
Same quality shave as Mr. Taylor and St-James, so definately no issues there.
Moisturising: maybe a bit less than the other Taylors and more similar to some of the GFT creams (coconut and limes excluded), but in NO way drying.

Packaging: Blue tub! Building of Eton college on the lid! I say no more... :cool:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I agree with the general Taylor sentiments (e.g. Taylor's is always a good value and a solid performer). I also concur that this is NOT a particularly moisturizing cream, though it doesn't dry my skin out either. I (and, more importantly, my girlfriend :wink:) quite enjoy the scent, which is nice, but not overpowering. I can't describe scents very effectively, but I can say this is a "fresh" and "clean" scent, although it is fleeting. While I have only been using high-end creams for a few months now, I find this to be one of the 2 cologne-scented creams I reach for most often (T&H 1805 being the other). Highly recommended for fans of Taylor's creams and/or cologne-scented creams!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Taylor's Eaton College is a very nice product. I liked the scent and believe Taylor's creams create a good lather which in turn means a nice shave. It does not lather or moisturize as well as T&H products but then again it doesn't cost as much. I have purchase a handful of Taylor's products in tubes from ClassicShaving.com. I think they are a very good value for the price. Its not as good as their Avacado but its still a solid cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)