Taylor's Avacado

Average User Rating:
0.533981/5,
  1. emwolf
    4/5,
    "I received a sample of this in a PIF. When I first"
    Pros - thick rich lather
    Cons - none
    I received a sample of this in a PIF. When I first opened it I thought there's no way that this will provide enough for even one shave. How wrong, this stuff lathers like there's no tomorrow. I'm not wild about the scent. It does smell like avacado, and while I think avacados are delicious, I've never smeared them on my face before. If I were to buy this I'd prefer it in a tube, like Proraso. But, all in all, this is quality stuff and I actually prefer it to their Sandalwood cream for its moisturizing ability.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    3/5,
    Latherability:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    4/5,
  2. FullTiltGolf
    2/5,
    "This was the cream I bought with my very first DE "
    Pros - The smell wasn't awful
    Cons - Lack of latherability and moisturizing
    This was the cream I bought with my very first DE razor so I had nothing to compare it to. I purchased it based on that famous wet shaving article that mentioned it followed up by all of the hype it received on this site.

I can say that after trying the Kiss My Face line (which is my day to day one now) and The Art of Shaving Lemon (when I want to treat myself) Taylor's avocado pales in comparison. The latherability and moisturizing properties of this are just no match for either of the other ones I just mentioned.

I get it that these old school creams carry a certain panache but that's all it has going for it. Anyone who does a "blind test" with KMF (which is only $8) or Art of Shaving will see that it's not worth the money and the quality isn't on par. I would never buy another Taylor cream again when there are far better ones for half the price and much more luxurious options for a little more.
    Price:
    1/5,
    Scent:
    2/5,
    Quality:
    2/5,
    Efficacy:
    2/5,
    Packaging:
    2/5,
    Latherability:
    1/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    1/5,
  3. Invictus
    4/5,
    "My experience with creams are limited, but this is"
    Pros - Nice mild (melony) scent, whips up nicely, slick shaves
    Cons - None so far
    My experience with creams are limited, but this is a nice one. I use it as a nice "before bed" shave cream so I'm not overwhelmed with a strong scent. This one doesn't remind me of avocado but it does have a mild melon type scent. It's a great scent for both sexes. It whips up easily and does a great job. It's a nice addition to the lineup.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Latherability:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    4/5,
  4. nwjs
    2/5,
    "Unfortunately I cannot give a proper review since "
    Pros - Lathers quite well
    Cons - Irritation, scent
    Unfortunately I cannot give a proper review since the product burned on my skin and even kept burning for a while after washing it off. I still managed one shave with it. Shave properties are Ok but since my skin can't handle the stuff, I cannot use or recommend this.

The second aspect is the scent -- to me it's mouldy potted plant. Unpleasant.

Taylor products are expensive and, imho, overpriced. But if you buy one of the top-shelf English products, you know that you're paying a hefty markup.
    Price:
    1/5,
    Scent:
    1/5,
    Quality:
    2/5,
    Efficacy:
    3/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Latherability:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    3/5,
  5. Unihiron
    2/5,
    "It's tough to rate something given the fact we all"
    Pros - Nice scent
    Cons - Mildly irritated skin (for me)
    It's tough to rate something given the fact we all have different skin types. I never really really considered myself someone with sensitive skin. I was surprised when I started to get razor bumps like i used to get with M3 disposable razor shaving. I didn't change any aspect of my routine. I tried different razors (3 shaves per change). and I tried different blades for 3 shaves in a row as well. I never felt like i got a comfortable shave using the cream. Strange I know. My skin was always left feeling oily and even after multiple passes of water rinsing, i felt like I couldn't get the residue off.
    My skin did not react well with this product. So if you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you.
    Price:
    4/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    3/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Latherability:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    3/5,
  6. mcdig
    4/5,
    "Even after a super shave I'd have to say I'm not c"
    Pros - Taylor Cremes are prominent in my shaving rotation. The Avocado whips up easily into nice peaks and gives plenty of lather for additional passes. The thick lather stays put for the whole shave. Excellent moisterization for sensitive skin.
    Cons - This is the smell of Avocados?
    Even after a super shave I'd have to say I'm not crazy about the scent. Perhaps the scent isn't what I expected. It's a pleasant, subtle and clean smell. My wife loves it so...I'm all in. The scent doesn't linger and shouldn't compete with after shaves.

The moisturizing properties of this creme are outstanding and compares rather well with the TOBS Jermyn St. for Sensitive Skin, which I use regularly.

TOBS Avocado gave my face a cool soothing feeling that lasted throughout the entire shave. The lather is super slick, thick and creamy, perfect for those with sensitive skin.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    5/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Latherability:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    5/5,
  7. JIMB3884
    3/5,
    "Scent definetly not avocado. Lathers very well an"
    Pros - LUBRICATING PROPERTIES
    Cons - TOO OILY
    Scent definetly not avocado.
    Lathers very well and provides excellent glide but far too oily and takes great effort to clean up.
    Price:
    2/5,
    Scent:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Latherability:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    5/5,
  8. Pepin
    5/5,
    "The name is a little misleading, as the scent is o"
    Pros - The fresh scent and lather.
    The name is a little misleading, as the scent is of freshly cut garden cucumbers. It lathers very easily with any type of brush. The lather lasts for several passes, and provides a good slick lather, but not as slick as T&H.

The scent is very nice and refreshing. It doe snot linger, and can be followed up by any after shave.
    Price:
    3/5,
    Scent:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Latherability:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    4/5,
  9. fhalden
    5/5,
    "I love this cream! It loads on the brush easily, h"
    Pros - Makes super-rich lather, very slick and long-lasting
    I love this cream! It loads on the brush easily, has a broad range of optimal hydration, and the lather lasts through several passes. The scent is mild, and reminiscent of cucumbers. It is a great cream for Summer.
    Price:
    4/5,
    Scent:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    0/5,
    Latherability:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    5/5,
  10. zygalski
    5/5,
    "Not quite sure why this is rated so low. It must "
    Not quite sure why this is rated so low. It must be the scent which does take a little getting used to.
    As opposed to avocado, this actually smells more like a 50/50 mixture of freshly mown grass + cucumber or melon.
    It whips up into a fabulously thick lather in no time & the moisturising qualities are second to none.
    A fantastic Winter cream.
    Wonderful value for money too.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    5/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,