What's new

Taylor's Avacado

Actually, Jermyn St. is correct ... here is the street address from www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk ..

74 Jermyn Street, St James's, London SWIY 6NP, England

Jonattan;1213766 said:
You probably bought a bootleg on Jermyn.
Everyone knows Taylor is on Old Bond Street.
nznorm;1207071 said:
I was in London last week and stopped in at Taylor's on Jermyn Street. I had heard so much on these forums about TOBS Avacado, I had to try some. Had my first shave with it this morning. I usually use Trumper's coconut which I like very much. The TOBS Avacado was almost as good and a much lower price. The smell is great, as has been described by others. The thing I like most about Trumper is the quality of the lather. I was not expecting as good a lather with TOBS, but was pleasantly surprised. I got a great lather for four passes. I will definitely alternate this with the Trumper.

You probably bought a bootleg on Jermyn.
Everyone knows Taylor is on Old Bond Street.
It would be great if the mods could fix the spelling error in the subject of this thread. Every time someone reviews the product I have to see "avacado" again. :lol:
I was in London last week and stopped in at Taylor's on Jermyn Street. I had heard so much on these forums about TOBS Avacado, I had to try some. Had my first shave with it this morning. I usually use Trumper's coconut which I like very much. The TOBS Avacado was almost as good and a much lower price. The smell is great, as has been described by others. The thing I like most about Trumper is the quality of the lather. I was not expecting as good a lather with TOBS, but was pleasantly surprised. I got a great lather for four passes. I will definitely alternate this with the Trumper.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Great cream. Slightly expensive. Hate the scent but I do like the cream a lot. Not sure why the scent gets so high reviews, not manly at all. It moisturizes very well though, the best I have ever had. Good stuff but wish I went with sandalwood or something like that.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Not too much to add here - this is a superb, effective, highly moisturizing cream and an excellent addition to any shaving kit.

I wish Taylor's had called it "Avocado oil moisturizing cream" instead of "Avocado" because I would have tried it a lot sooner. Others have said it, but it bears repeating - this isn't avocado scented, is has a light, planty, fresh scent which I happen to really like.

One of the best-performing and most gentle creams I've tried, and inexpensive to boot. Really superb.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Maybe I am odd, but I LOVE the smell of this stuff. I want to eat it.... If they made an AS, balm, or cologne of this scent, I would use it daily. My only regret with the scent is that it doesn't stick around long enough! (Yes, I realize I am in the minority on this one, but my wife likes it too, and that my friends, is the final word on the subject for me)

I own a few creams and soaps, but every day that I don't use this cream I wish I did. It creates an exceptional lather that does require the right amount of water, but pays off with some practice. It feels great going on, and my skin feels great afterwards (though I always use a balm, because my skin tends to get very dry).

I wish I could go back and give this to myself for my first shave. Heck, I wish I could wear it as a hat. Seriously, I love it. Buy it; if you don't like it, give it to me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is by far my absolute favorite shaving cream. When I first opened the tub I was a bit disappointed by the smell but after a few shaves it grew on me and is now my favorite cream to use. It lathers up very thick and is very pleasing to the skin. I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have this cream for 2 months now, and I used it on and off, with other creams and soaps (Proraso white, Trumper Rose, Tabac, Muhle Aloe, Musgo, etc.).

In my opinion this is the best single shaving product I have tried since my short venture into the proper wetshaving world.

I get only great shaves with this cream, I love the scent and it leaves my skin nice and soft.

I highly recommend it, especially since it's 50% cheaper than, say, Trumper.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Overall, pretty good, but the scent was not the best, and it stung my face slightly. I was a newbie at the time. It may have been due to previous irritation. It was pretty moist on the face. I would like to try it again soon.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
After all the great reviews that I saw about this cream, I just had to pick some up. I was not disappointed. Great cream thats fairly priced. The smell IMHO was fantastic. Lathers perfectly and provides and nice slick cushion. However, it did tend to dry/burn my skin a little.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
just average for me
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Im new to wet shaving but tried many creams on write-ups I have read. This one however lives up to its rep. I have dry skin so I need something that has moisturizing properties.

My first cream was GEO Trumpers and I was very dissapointed. Althought I didnt realize how much at the moment. When I found this I didnt think it would work that much better beucause it seemed cheaper.

I come home from work and there it is. I open it up. Packaging is very plain but thats fine. I only bring this up because some people seem to care. I get on with my shower/shave. OMG. This stuff is great. It smells so good I wanted to eat it. Once appllied to my face the scent had calmed down. That was fine with me. I use Darby extra blades and so far so good. I want to try others but im so happy with this I wouldnt know what to use.

As always...Im a newby and I wouldnt mind feedback, comments and advice. I really appreciate a place like this to go. I could have wasted so much more money before finding this product. You guys rule.

~BIL~
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Just received a tub of this stuff. Lathers up great, and produces a thick, slick lather unlike any other cream I have. Super effective, provides a great shave.

Scent, kind of a powdery clean scent. Not too strong, but strong enough to know its there.

A++
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
So far, my favorite shave cream (and I've tried over two dozen). Every time I use this, it makes me wish I had to shave more. The lather, the scent, the price--it can't be beat.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is one great cream. After reading all the great reviews, I had to give this a go myself. Gave me a superlative shave and left my face feeling smooth as glass

Price: Cost is pretty low considering how little you actually have to use to produce mounds of lather. I can see many great shaves coming out of this tub

Quality: Top notch. Period.

Scent: I have read others saying that they didn't like the smell, but personally I like it a lot. It could actually stand to be a little stronger. To me it smells citrusy and slightly woodsy.

Latherability: Incredibly easy. You don't even have to pay attention to what you're doing. I made lather while talkin to the SO and it started coming out of my mug before I realized what was happening

Efficacy: Lubricated my face very well. Even with a little heavier pressure than normal(just to test), I felt very little to no resistance and heard the sweet sound of hairs getting sliced.

Moisturizing properties: It holds its own with the other creams I've tried. Not drying to the face, but I still feel the need to use A/S balm or splash after.

Packaging: The plastic tub isn't particularly elegant, but it gets the job done. Keeps everything neat and keeps the cream from drying out. That's all I really want out of the container.

Highly recommend this and my only regret is not trying it sooner.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I really wanted to like this cream after all the rave reviews for sensitive skin people, and I think I recall somewhere someone said something in the ingredients may irritate some peoples skin. Well after 3 trys I was wondering why I had horrible razor burn all day! Well I was confused because I am a beginner trying new things and didnt want to believe it was the mighty Taylors Avocado...well I lathered with it tonight without shaving and after a minute immediately felt it burning. Well just to let some people with sensitive skin know this may not be the answer. I still like my proraso green tea, speick, musgo, wars, T&H ultimate comfort and ready to jump into tallow soaps (tabac) since I hear so much about them here. If your gonna try T's Avocado I hope it works for you since everything else is very nice and I seem to be in the minority with this cream.
I have had the same great experience with this cream as the other posters. I get a great shave and my face is moisturized also. On the scent - I like it a lot, but it's not my favorite. That's not to say it's bad, it's very fresh and herbal. I just prefer some of the T&H's. The only other cream I've used that matches the overall quality of this one is Acqua de Parma.

Speedy
Price: A very small amount of product goes a very long way making this a bargain. Much cheaper than the other 2 T's.
Quality:Excellent.
Scent: Clean and enjoyable. Doesn't last very long though.
Latherability: Explodes off the C&E BBB.
Efficacy: Slick and moist. No problems.
Moisturizing: Even with the humidity below 15% my face felt pretty protected.
Packaging: PVC tub, no thrills, but I'm not putting on display.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
What a great cream to use in the winter. As much as I like it I think I will use it all year long!:cool:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)