What's new

Taylor's Avacado

I love the scent of this stuff. Its more of a cucumber than an avocado scent. Its fresh and very nice. It lathers well and quickly with a minimum of product. The only fault I might have with it is the moisturizing. It does not dry your skin out but there are other products out there that moisturize much better.
Didn't get a good impression of this at first.

Could have been a poor couple of blades, not using enough cream, or the fact I'm breaking in a dense boar brush. Came back to it after a week or two and very happy with it. Mr Taylor is my favourite, and this performs equally as well.

Very easy to lather, a fresh scent, and gives a very close, comfortable shave. That's all anyone can ask, and it delivers.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Best cream ever.... best in all aspects
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This morning I used my DB Brush Scuttle, Merkur HD-with a new Feather blade
and TOBS Avacado SC. The cream whipped up easily- a soft, moist lather. Nice scent, fresh and clean.
This cream is moist and my head and face feel great. Very nice cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
D
I bought Taylor's Avacado based on the reviews above and I thank you all for the great recommendation!! I love it and will probably not use another cream for a while.. Thanks, again!! :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I tried the Avocado for the first time this morning, and this stuff is really top of the line.

I took some Avocado cream on my Simpson Chubby 3 in Super, put it to work in the Georgetown scuttle and in seconds I had incredible amounts of the most wonderful lather. I really liked the scent also, but the lather was even better.

Bought it from TOBS own site, excellent value for money. If you haven`t tried the Avocado cream, just do it, must be one of the best creams there is imo.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
D
I got into wet shaving a year ago and this was my first cream. While definitely being much better than the canned stuff, I might have wasted half of the tub due to my inexperience in mixing decent lather. I am east Indian and my beard is tougher than average and having tried a few creams since my foray into the world of wet shaving, I can safely say that this one did a better job than most. The scent is amazing i.e. if you don't mind avocado. The lather was quite superb once I figured out what is it that I was supposed to be doing. It is cheaper than the two other Ts. It's moisturizing capabilities were nothing to write home about. The packaging can use some improvement, given the price and quality can't really complain. Overall a top cream!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Works like a charm. Lathers so easily. Smells awesome. Quite slick and cushiony. Moisturizes well (not as good as nancy boy).

In my top three if not for it causing me to break out. (not the creams fault)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I started wet shaving about two months ago and began using Proraso (green tube). It was okay compared to canned goo but never great. After reading many reviews I tried Taylor's Avacado and I doubt I will go back to Proraso any time soon. This is a great shaving cream and left my face moist and feeling better than it ever has after shaving.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I suffer from very dry skin in the winter months, and finally I've found the solution. Avocado is inexpensive for the amount you get, smells fantastic (although maybe not an everyday scent), and lathers up with the best of them.

I'm not a stickler for packaging, thus the 10 for no leakage.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The first cream i used and still the one i use to rate others and , one i reach for when trying new blades, great value
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: Very good price for the quality that you are getting.
Scent: At first I didn't like it, but it has grown on me. Smells like something your gf or wife may put on their face.
Latherability: Works very well here.
Efficacy: You don't need much to create a wonderful lather.
Moisturizing: Works great here. I'll use this when I feel like my face is beat up.
Packaging: Very basic but gets the job done.
At Amazon: Price: Read, $15.50 as of 2009-09-08.
The first "proper" cream I tried and I never had any problems with it. I go back to it evey so often and it always impresses.

It lathers very nicely, maybe not the easist latherer out there but pretty close, and it gives you a great slick lather. It's not heavily scented - it has a fresh, clean, gentle but unique smell which I really like.

As for price, it's the cheapest of the three T's by a long way. Excellent value for an excellent product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I just received a tub o' TOBS Avocado as an early Dad's Day gift from Wundergussy. I am in the raging throes of SCAD and SSAD - so w.g. made me promise not to buy a tub of this stuff, HIS favorite. (I took the hint.)

I had to whip up a batch & use this stuff as soon as I got it.

IT is the best cream I've used, including GFT Coconut Oil, Musgo, Proraso, Santa Maria Novella (really a soft soap, in my opinion), Coates Rose, etc etc. For my first use, I swirled on the stuff stuck on the top of the lid - I didn't even sully the product itself! - and got more than enough rich, thick cream for three passes & touch up - the cream was thick, slick, luxurious, use any positivie cream-applicable adjective you can think of (well, not any - it wasn't purple, like TOBS Lavender...) and this meets or exceeds. Just great stuff. I generally prefer soaps (incl. the great triple-milled tallow-based, e.g. Pen's English Fern & Blenheim, MWF, Tabac) but this holds its own with ANY cream/SS product I've tried.

Price - a bargain, compared with many of the top o' the line creams/soaps;

all TENS the rest of the way (hey, the scent is GREAT! - fresh, green, unimposing) till

Packaging - it's a cheap plastic tub - it works, it ain't pretty, so what?

I suggest: BUY THIS NOW.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
D
As a newbie to wet shaving, I was all excited at the prospect of my first shave with one of the "three T's" and boy, let me say, this cream did not dissapoint. Being used to the decent RSC sensitive skin cream, the first thing that surprised me about the TOBS is the huge amount of lather I was able to whip up with a tiny bit of cream. The scent is very nice and pleasant. A bit flowery to my nose which is a relief because I was expecting some residue of guacamole smell or something along those lines. The shave was extremely smooth. No irritation or razor burn. All in all, a superb cream that lives up to its reputation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Introduction: Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) is known for producing good creams at a low price. Avocado has evoked many praises and complaints alike. If asked what he thinks of TOBS Avocado, a wet shaver will either say it is the greatest thing since sliced bread or that it is highly overrated. I previously tried a sample of this cream and enjoyed it. Let's see how it fairs now.

Price: I paid $13.50 for a 5.3 oz. tub of this. For a British shaving cream, I would say that is a good price.

Lather: I swirled my brush about five times in the cream tub and then went to town in my lather bowl. I produced a rich, creamy lather within a few seconds.

Scent: I love the scent. If I were to ever stockpile this cream, it would be because of the scent. The scent is so good, some shaving soap-only wet shavers still use TOBS Avocado. It does not smell like an avocado, which has virtually no smell to begin with, but it does smell fresh and clean.

Shave: Here is where I was disappointed. I did not receive BBS but did receive a load of irritation. Maybe this is because I am on the third day of using my Personna (Israeli red pack), so I will be sure to revisit TOBS Avocado.

Moisturizing properties: My skin feels moisturized but much less that when I used QED Badger & Blade and Mama Bear's Aged Spice.

Packaging: It comes in a screw-down tub with a label. I like the packaging and thing it looks nice. Obviously, it doesn't hold a candle to Acqua di Parma's packaging, but still...

Final thoughts: For $13.50 this cream really cannot be beat. I will go back and use this again with a fresh blade. If I receive an irritation-free shave, I will definitely be using this cream for a while. Otherwise, I might sell it. Before purchasing this cream, I would recommend visiting Shaving Essentials and purchasing the $20 TOBS sampler. I am happy that I did.

Where to purchase: I purchased mine at ShavingEssentials.net for $13.50. I have found this to be the best price on the Internet.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Scent is melony and cucumber like. If it wasn't for the scent this would be a great cream. It's like they tried to hide the smell of the avocado oil with something else. Bad idea. To me it does smell like avocado, it's in there. Would I use it, yes, but there are so many other similarly perfoming creams from the three T's that have fantastic scents so why bother?!

- Aaron
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
:smile:Great comparison--This, (in my opinion) is one of the only creams out there comparable with Trumpers Coconut.
PRICE: A steal
QUALITY: the best
SCENT: THEY SHOULD BOTTLE IT
LATHERABILITY: great
EFFICACY: exactly as its supposed to do
MOISTURIZING PROPERTIES: perfect
PACKAGING: I've always like there tubs! Now with new top seal even better!
CONCLUSION: For the money, 1 of the top 3 in the WORLD!!--(SOURCE, me, 30 years straight shaver, 7 months DE):001_rolle
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)