What's new

Taylor Lemon & Lime

Item Description

In the world of shaving creams, there are two extremes. On one side are the pure scents - laden with EOs and smelling intensely of the pure essence of the plant. Castle Forbes falls into this category, as does AOS. On the other end of the spectrum are the Taylor's scents. Taylor likes to put a twist on things, and the Lemon & Lime is no different. Not only do you have the citrus, but there is a base of cedarwood and other masculine stuff. Quite different, unique and nice.

Price
Taylors is a great deal for what you get - a solid shave.

Quality
Very good stuff, though the creams can be a bit inconsistent from tub to tub

Scent
I really like this one. The citrus plus the woody notes are really interesting and different.

Latherability
Very high quality, rich lather. Not as dense as the Avocado, but not as light as the lavender.

Efficacy
As all Taylors, this provides a great, close shave with no irritation.

Moisturizing
As far as creams go, this stuff won't dry out your face much. If you want more moisturizing, look at the Avocado

Packaging
Cheap PVC, but who cares? It works great

Latest reviews

Pros: scent, taylor's quality
Cons: none
An excellent product - my favourite lime after Castle Forbes (I have yet to try T&H though).

I recently came back to this after using a few different creams and man... It was so nice and refreshing to use this. For a second it made my wonder why I bother experimenting with different creams.... For a second.

Terrific scent, excellent shave every time. This will always be in the collection.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Quality, scent
Great scent and slickness. The consistency in the container I have is really loose, not sure if this normal or not but, it did not affect the shavability. The good point is that all I have to do is dip my brush in it to get enough cream for my lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
TOBS say you can lather this stuff with your fingers and I believe them. Very easy to lather and needs very little water. The result, even with my hard water, is light but very slick and gives a very god shave. If you can't lather this stuff and get a good shave, look elsewhere than your cream for the problem.

The only fault is that, needing very little water to lather, it tends to dry out quickly.

Seriously, it's a very good shaving cream that works extremely well

Now the complaint: the scent of this cream seems to be hit or miss. The top of the tub says Lemon & Lime but I don't smell any lime, just a strong, synthetic "fresh lemon". My first thought was commercial cleaner. On closer inspection and direct comparison, it's Trix Lemon dish washing liquid. Others have suggested Palmolive and Pledge so I am not alone. Maybe mine is old and the lime has evaporated leaving the lemon base. Others have described it as "subtle", but there's nothing subtle about what's in my tub. I have to think either the scent is extremely variable or degrades rapidly.

A really good cream, but what were TOBS thinking with that scent? Make sure you smell yours before buying.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)