What's new

Taylor Lemon & Lime

Pros: scent, taylor's quality
Cons: none
An excellent product - my favourite lime after Castle Forbes (I have yet to try T&H though).

I recently came back to this after using a few different creams and man... It was so nice and refreshing to use this. For a second it made my wonder why I bother experimenting with different creams.... For a second.

Terrific scent, excellent shave every time. This will always be in the collection.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Quality, scent
Great scent and slickness. The consistency in the container I have is really loose, not sure if this normal or not but, it did not affect the shavability. The good point is that all I have to do is dip my brush in it to get enough cream for my lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
TOBS say you can lather this stuff with your fingers and I believe them. Very easy to lather and needs very little water. The result, even with my hard water, is light but very slick and gives a very god shave. If you can't lather this stuff and get a good shave, look elsewhere than your cream for the problem.

The only fault is that, needing very little water to lather, it tends to dry out quickly.

Seriously, it's a very good shaving cream that works extremely well

Now the complaint: the scent of this cream seems to be hit or miss. The top of the tub says Lemon & Lime but I don't smell any lime, just a strong, synthetic "fresh lemon". My first thought was commercial cleaner. On closer inspection and direct comparison, it's Trix Lemon dish washing liquid. Others have suggested Palmolive and Pledge so I am not alone. Maybe mine is old and the lime has evaporated leaving the lemon base. Others have described it as "subtle", but there's nothing subtle about what's in my tub. I have to think either the scent is extremely variable or degrades rapidly.

A really good cream, but what were TOBS thinking with that scent? Make sure you smell yours before buying.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I really like this stuff.

It was the first cream I bought when I first started DE shaving about a year and a half ago. It was a risk/reward sort of purchase as I know that I love citrus scents but I wasn't sure what to expect. When I opened it, it wasn't what I expected at all but I actually loved it. Sort of a backwoods citrusy mix. I had to stir it up as it was all separated but after I stirred it and chilled it a bit in the fridge it came out great.

It makes lather very well, though seems to be a titch less lather than AOS creams. I find the glide to be more than acceptable and it seems to do a pretty darned good job of softening my steel wool beard.

I also really like the tub. Simple, sturdy, effective. I washed my first one out really well when it was gone and now use it to store bulletin board push-pins.

Recommended, I just ordered my second tub.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just finished my tub of TOBS this week, time to review. I had it for a while and didn't really get to it. I used it with my DE Open comb (NEW with bull mastiff handle) and my straights.

Price
This shaving cream isn't that expensive but not exactly cheap down under. Specially if I look at $2.50 tubes of shaving cream... However, if I compare it with the same type of cream, it's an excellent value/money

Quality
The quality is there yes. You can feel that you have a high end product.

Scent
Not a fan at first, it was a bit too artificial. Later on, yes, better but I still don't think it hits the spot. I was very impressed by TOBS Rose scent-wise...

Latherability
Explosion of thick lather every time. Easy to work with.

Efficacy
It works well but it's so thick. I usually prefer lighter shaving creams

Moisturizing
Not a worry on this one. Always felt good to shave with this one.

Packaging
Cheap packaging but I like it. Easy to re-use for another soap or simply recycle it!
proxy.php

Overall
No, I won't buy again. The main reasons are the price, scent and a very thick product. I like something like the Dovo shaving soap. Very light stuff! If I buy something again from TOBS, it will be Rose.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
but the scent does nothing for me... almost annoying.. but if you really love a citrus scent then.... grin
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is good (its TOBS, what do you expect), it works a charm and my face is happy to have it.

I will be honest, I dont love the scent - theres something not quite right about it that I cant put my finger on. I do, however, get some great summer shaves out of it. Those days where its so hot that you cant sleep properly, and wake up grumpy because you need coffee but its hot too - these days I bust out ole Lemon & Lime and it makes me feel a little happier.

View attachment 64818

Will I buy it again? Nope. I will however, keep it until I use it all up. That wont happen for many summers though.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This was my first "serious" (after using ProRaso, which here in Italy is very cheap and, although it isn't bad at all, it's nothing special) shaving cream, and I have to say that I'm very satisfied with it. I like lime and agrumated-scented creams and perfumes, so this was the natural choice for me, when the shop owner showed me the range of creams she had.
I find this product to be very good. It guarantees great lather, nice scent and good moisturizing to my skin.

The price is not cheap, but neither expensive as other brands, and I find it's right compared to the quality of the product.

Used in combination with Trumpers' Extract of West Indian Limes aftershave makes me feel fresh!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was really surprised by how much I liked this cream. It's Taylors of course so the quality and latherability is great and priced much better than the other two T's. But the scent is what really got me. I'm not usually a fan of citrus scent creams because they tend to be that same Lime Lifesavers candy scent. This was very different. The Lemon & Lime offered a wonderful and refreshing scent that goes great in the summertime. This one is surely a keeper.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Great cream, feels and lathers great but I was expecting more scent-wise... :001_unsur
I was excited by this sample I got from Shaving Essentials... I love Taylors, and I love lime! So this was lemon-lime... close enough. But the first thing I thought of when I sniffed it was Palmolive - the dish soap. Everything else was up to par with everything I excepted from Taylor - inexpensive, silky fluffy lather, slick and moisturizing.

I wouldn't buy it... not when I can get St. James for the same price. One of the things I enjoy most of wetshaving is the scents... and this one just doesn't do it for me :wink:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Not much I can add to the other reviews - this was my first wet shaving cream - I loved it so much beter than the gunk you get in the can - very little irritation (only on the ATG pass) - I love Lime and was a little dissapointed with the scent from this cream I think the scent should be a lot stronger (though did get rid of the wet badger smell from my new bruh:001_smile) - moisturizing properties - don't have much to compare with - a lot better than shaving can gunk - but do still need to use ASB and a dedicated moisturizer
I've been using this cream a lot lately, so i figured i'd put my penny's worth in.

In terms of lathering and providing the base for a comfortable shave, this cream is great. It doesn't appear to be overly fussy about how much water you use, and even if it's a little too dry, it still allows the blade to glide easily.
My one beef with it is the scent. I love lime scents more than anything else, but this cream doesn't smell of them. Or lemons. It's a very subtle, dry and flat citrus scent. Compared to GFT Lime, it's nowhere near as nice. It's almost like a less sweet and tangy Sprite soda scent. It performs admirably - although not as well as i find Trumper's Lime to do, but it's a cream i shall not be purchasing again in the future.
I love Taylor's shaving creams, no doubt about it. The ones I've owned all lathered extremely well, giving you enough for several passes. They do a great job of protection - among the best of any creams I've tried. So, for me, it all comes down to the fragrance, and my preference is of a clean citrus scent. And, if I had one minor complaint, this isn't quite as pleasing to me as Trumper's Limes. Still, it smells good enough, and the overall properties of it combine to make this a sure hit. I also love Taylor's jar caps with the gripping ridges.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Seems to be a love-hate thing with the scent. I dig it - a 'manly' take on lime is what I would call it. Does not have the staying power of Rose or Lavander, but it is a light, distinctive and very pleasant fragrance none the less.

Performance wise it's quite good, like many here have said less than Rose more than Lavander.

I'll keep buying it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I am impressed at how present the lime scent is in this cream. Fresh, crisp, healthy lemon and lime aroma going straight up your nostrils as you shave, and pervading your bathroom from your mug/bowl/scuttle.

Lathers pretty well, it's not airy as their Lavender SC but falls behind their Sandalwood or Avocado. Moisturizing is good but not excellent; however that is not a problem in itself, for I plan to use this cream in the summer months, when you yearn for something fresh and citrusy on your face. Packaging? Simple and straightforward, nothing to write home about, but surely effective. It's a tub, isn't it?

To sum up, the folks at Taylor's have another winner!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Ok, of all the creams I have this is my least favourite. It functions perfectly well, and will give you a good shave. I like everything about it except one thing.
It stinks like toilet cleaner.
I like nice clean smells, but this one seems to me like a cheap toilet cleaner. The citrus flavour seems blurred and non specific.
If you ever use the cleaner called Cif of Jif you will know the smell.
Sorry for any fans, but for me this fragrance falls way short of the excellent products that Taylors should offer. Get Trumpers Limes for a much more natural scent
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price and Quality: Taylor's.

Scent: A nice clean scent, but it's a little lack-luster. The g/f said it smelled like dish-washing soap. It's citrusy but not very strong - like it doesn't really know what it's trying to be. Good but not T&H Limes.

Latherability, efficacy, moisturizing: Good, standard Taylor's.

Packaging: PVC tub with sticker. Not horrible, not great.

Overall an ok cream. Wouldn't be the first thing I would add to my collection, but it's good to have around for a change of pace.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
A very good cream and an interesting scent. I quite like this cream but almost always find myself reaching for GFT limes instead. Just a better scent to me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Disappointed with this--wanted a citrusy alternative to the same manufacturers Rose cream. It doesn't lather up anywhere near as thick as the rose, even if you use quite a bit more. This translates into quite an uncertain shave, where I'm really aware of the blade against my face.Afterwards my skin feels quite dry and raw and a bit rough.

What I do realy like is the fragrance, and I'm really enjoying sitting here in a nice lemony-limey fug. Also you can't complain about the price--Taylor's is very reasonably priced and they do pack the stuff in.

This should last me for ages--I'll probably save it for hangover (ie one pass) shaves with the very gentle Gillette Junior when I'm not too bothered about the result but need a bit of a pick-me-up from the smell.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)