What's new

Task Essentials For Men Skin Care Line

Item Description

I trust things Swiss.

Let's face it (pun intended), they make great watches and clocks and their chocolate is the best in the world. Oh, and they're smart. So smart, in fact, that they have come out with a men's skin care line that lists liquid oxygen as one of the ingredients (along with those famous Swiss botanicals we all go ga-ga over).

A few years ago, caffeine was touted as THE substance that could erase those pesky lines and wrinkles around the eyes. I've used it in a popular under eye product for men and to tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed. However, this oxygen thing just might be the thing we've all been waiting for.

The TASK ESSENTIAL line offers a good deal of various products to make you feel your best -- from the usual shower cleanser to the pit grease. I have purchased most of the products (except the lip blam, shaving foam, man-tan-in-a-can to name some), focusing on what my needs are for now.

First of all, I was nervous about the scent. I was spending 180.00 on a product I would be using every day with no knowing if the smell would be off putting like a French whor...oh, uh, never mind. Thankfully, the scent is really nice and completely non-offending. A light citrus smell (not heavy and artificial like some), with almost a gentle sweetness to it; think Smarties or Sweet Tarts (the candy). OK, that's a stretch, but it's the closest I can come to describing it. The scent lingers for only a short time and then leaves. I like that as I know it won't interfere with my after shaves.

The FACE WASH is quite agreeable. Like the rest of their products, you only need to use the smallest amount. Non-foamy or overly soapy, it slickly covers the face. After rinsing, you skin feels BBS and glowing. I have oily skin and after a day of it only face, it made quick and easy work of it, without drying.

AGE RESCUE is their anti-age product. Again, only a small amount is needed to lightly cover your kisser. It goes on easily and without the "girly smell" sometimes associated with these products. I felt my skin absorbing it quicky. Either I noticed an improvement immediately, or I was just too tired and ready for the sack, my face looked pretty good!

Lastly, I used the EYE RESCUE for the excess luggage I get after a hard day at the office. Just a very small dab under each eye and I was amazed what was happening -- it became very cooling (not a menthol thing) and I swear I could feel it regenerating instantly. The coolness continued for nearly 25 minutes as it worked its way into my puffy luggage. Can't say what happened next as I had to crawl into bed. I think it would be just the thing for those who keep late nights out on the town or just don't get enough sleep. I have tried several under eye creams/gels and have never been impressed and although no product gets rid of them completely, this one does the best job by far.

Got up this morning and my bags looked pretty good (sleep always help) and I was off to the shower to try more...

I showered with the WASH OFF HAIR AND BODY WASH. I really liked this! Non-soapy and very little lather. Slick and that really nice clean smell! I only had to use half of what I would with comparable products, and it left me feeling squeaky clean and Summers Eve fresh. Ok, maybe not THAT fresh.:biggrin: I used it as a shampoo and although it did the trick, I don't think I would be using it as such in less I was in a pinch, like traveling. Don't expect it to wildly lather on your head like shampoo.

Next came the NEW SKIN FACE SCRUB. I have been using Zirh before and wasn't really sold on it as I could hardly feel any "scurbbers" in it and quite frankly, it smelled like mumsie's nail polish remover. I'll tell you right now that this scrub ain't for sissies. It's got what I considerer, the perfect ratio of gel-to-scrubbers and those scrubbers are pretty grainy. Larger in size than found in other face scrubs I have used, you can feel it getting down to business and deep cleaning the pores. Face glows so radiantly that you just might want to have a cigarette afterwards.:rolleyes: Finally, a real scrub for a real man and without that acetone smell. If you have sensitive skin, keep looking.

After my shave and oral hygiene, I used the SKIN FEED O2 MOISTURIZER. Light weight and clean. I used it in place of my usual AS blams or gels. As with the rest of the products, just a bit went a long way. Didn't leave my face greasy or sticky, but you could feel it was being protected and nourished. I ended the regiment by applying the EYE RESCUE (digging that tingling coolness!) and was ready to take on the word!

With having such a success with Task Essentials, I am looking forward to trying their STOP BURNING AFTER SHAVE and PURE INSTANT WHITE CLAY MASK.

Although the mix of products I have been using have served me well (Zirh and Jack Black), I feel that Task Essentials is the front runner these days in the men's skin care arena and is viable challenger to the already crowded market.

Pricewise, it's about the same as the rest out there, but since you use to little, it could be a good value.

Packaging is very, well, "bright" and will wake you up out of your hungover stupor in the mornings. Red and white are the colors of the Swiss flag, so I suppose it works in that respect. Big, bold and in your face kind of packaging. I wish that they would come up with a way to easier identify each product without having to squit at the bottom of the containers to read what longish name is exactly printed on them. My hat is off to Zirh who makes quick work of this by using a single adjective in large type for us elderly:eek:, to label their products with names like RESTORE, PROTECT, REJUVENATE, etc. That's smart thinking.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Task Essentials for Men is on to something. The whole liquid oxygen enriched thingy sounds gimmicky and suspect, but when you think that liquid oxygen is being used in medicine to assist burn patients, it could prove to be superior to other products that you might be currently using. My suggestion is try a couple and see what you think, then decide if it's right for your skin care needs.

As for me, in the moment, I'm very satisfied and felt it worth the investment. It will be interesting to see how effective it is in the long run.

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel the overwelming need to buy a Swiss Army knife, now...

Latest reviews

I was given some free samples of the SKIN Feed. I was really impressed by the way it made my skin feel the rest of the day. The moisture and protection was very impressive. I was so impressed that I went to go buy some online; however, my heart almost stopped when I saw how much 1.7oz went for - $40. That is a bit rich for my blood, but then again... it was a great product.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I trust things Swiss.

Let's face it (pun intended), they make great watches and clocks and their chocolate is the best in the world. Oh, and they're smart. So smart, in fact, that they have come out with a men's skin care line that lists liquid oxygen as one of the ingredients (along with those famous Swiss botanicals we all go ga-ga over).

A few years ago, caffeine was touted as THE substance that could erase those pesky lines and wrinkles around the eyes. I've used it in a popular under eye product for men and to tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed. However, this oxygen thing just might be the thing we've all been waiting for.

The TASK ESSENTIAL line offers a good deal of various products to make you feel your best -- from the usual shower cleanser to the pit grease. I have purchased most of the products (except the lip blam, shaving foam, man-tan-in-a-can to name some), focusing on what my needs are for now.

First of all, I was nervous about the scent. I was spending 180.00 on a product I would be using every day with no knowing if the smell would be off putting like a French whor...oh, uh, never mind. Thankfully, the scent is really nice and completely non-offending. A light citrus smell (not heavy and artificial like some), with almost a gentle sweetness to it; think Smarties or Sweet Tarts (the candy). OK, that's a stretch, but it's the closest I can come to describing it. The scent lingers for only a short time and then leaves. I like that as I know it won't interfere with my after shaves.

The FACE WASH is quite agreeable. Like the rest of their products, you only need to use the smallest amount. Non-foamy or overly soapy, it slickly covers the face. After rinsing, you skin feels BBS and glowing. I have oily skin and after a day of it only face, it made quick and easy work of it, without drying.

AGE RESCUE is their anti-age product. Again, only a small amount is needed to lightly cover your kisser. It goes on easily and without the "girly smell" sometimes associated with these products. I felt my skin absorbing it quicky. Either I noticed an improvement immediately, or I was just too tired and ready for the sack, my face looked pretty good!

Lastly, I used the EYE RESCUE for the excess luggage I get after a hard day at the office. Just a very small dab under each eye and I was amazed what was happening -- it became very cooling (not a menthol thing) and I swear I could feel it regenerating instantly. The coolness continued for nearly 25 minutes as it worked its way into my puffy luggage. Can't say what happened next as I had to crawl into bed. I think it would be just the thing for those who keep late nights out on the town or just don't get enough sleep. I have tried several under eye creams/gels and have never been impressed and although no product gets rid of them completely, this one does the best job by far.

Got up this morning and my bags looked pretty good (sleep always help) and I was off to the shower to try more...

I showered with the WASH OFF HAIR AND BODY WASH. I really liked this! Non-soapy and very little lather. Slick and that really nice clean smell! I only had to use half of what I would with comparable products, and it left me feeling squeaky clean and Summers Eve fresh. Ok, maybe not THAT fresh.:biggrin: I used it as a shampoo and although it did the trick, I don't think I would be using it as such in less I was in a pinch, like traveling. Don't expect it to wildly lather on your head like shampoo.

Next came the NEW SKIN FACE SCRUB. I have been using Zirh before and wasn't really sold on it as I could hardly feel any "scurbbers" in it and quite frankly, it smelled like mumsie's nail polish remover. I'll tell you right now that this scrub ain't for sissies. It's got what I considerer, the perfect ratio of gel-to-scrubbers and those scrubbers are pretty grainy. Larger in size than found in other face scrubs I have used, you can feel it getting down to business and deep cleaning the pores. Face glows so radiantly that you just might want to have a cigarette afterwards.:rolleyes: Finally, a real scrub for a real man and without that acetone smell. If you have sensitive skin, keep looking.

After my shave and oral hygiene, I used the SKIN FEED O2 MOISTURIZER. Light weight and clean. I used it in place of my usual AS blams or gels. As with the rest of the products, just a bit went a long way. Didn't leave my face greasy or sticky, but you could feel it was being protected and nourished. I ended the regiment by applying the EYE RESCUE (digging that tingling coolness!) and was ready to take on the word!

With having such a success with Task Essentials, I am looking forward to trying their STOP BURNING AFTER SHAVE and PURE INSTANT WHITE CLAY MASK.

Although the mix of products I have been using have served me well (Zirh and Jack Black), I feel that Task Essentials is the front runner these days in the men's skin care arena and is viable challenger to the already crowded market.

Pricewise, it's about the same as the rest out there, but since you use to little, it could be a good value.

Packaging is very, well, "bright" and will wake you up out of your hungover stupor in the mornings. Red and white are the colors of the Swiss flag, so I suppose it works in that respect. Big, bold and in your face kind of packaging. I wish that they would come up with a way to easier identify each product without having to squit at the bottom of the containers to read what longish name is exactly printed on them. My hat is off to Zirh who makes quick work of this by using a single adjective in large type for us elderly:eek:, to label their products with names like RESTORE, PROTECT, REJUVENATE, etc. That's smart thinking.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Task Essentials for Men is on to something. The whole liquid oxygen enriched thingy sounds gimmicky and suspect, but when you think that liquid oxygen is being used in medicine to assist burn patients, it could prove to be superior to other products that you might be currently using. My suggestion is try a couple and see what you think, then decide if it's right for your skin care needs.

As for me, in the moment, I'm very satisfied and felt it worth the investment. It will be interesting to see how effective it is in the long run.

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel the overwelming need to buy a Swiss Army knife, now...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)