What's new

Tancho Tique Hair Dressing

Item Description

Tancho Tique pomade stick from Indonesia is made from natural high quality ingredients. This is a huge bonus as I made the decision not to apply products containing any petro chemical.

Apparently, this product has been used globally for ages. I think it has been most popular amongst Asian men. However, from my research it looks like it gaining lots of attention as celebrities and high-end stylists/salons are now using it.

First-thing-first: The packaging. Love it! The 3.52 oz of product is nicely contained in a tube. This makes application easy and mess free. No more gunk on the hands. Plus, I can target specific trouble areas easier.

Surprisingly this is not overly greasy or too waxy. It has a nice 'tacky' hold that you can actually run your fingers through without completely disturbing you hold or getting your hands greasy. Of course, if you apply a heavy application it will be stronger and approach greasy and waxy/tacky. A Light application provides a light/medium hold and a moderate sheen. If you desire a hard hold and lots of shine of course apply more. I simply get my hair wet and apply Tancho, then comb in. Other application methods I've tried include 'melting' a portion on the palm then applying. I've found that using on damp hair works best to distribute evenly and to set your style. Here is a real tribute: I will actually sleep with this in my hair. The plant based oils have a powerful moisturizing effect on the hair. When showering in the evening I will alternative days I shampoo versus rinse.

Smell:This is the only thing I would change. The lavender smell is STRONG. Good thing it fades over time. It does remain as a medium scent ALL DAY. The scent is pleasant but strong.

Washout factor: Albeit there are various natural waxes the product washes out fairly easy. To get out 100% I apply shampoo (Nancyboy) to my hair whilst it is still dry. This allows the shampoo to break up the wax. Introducing water creates interference. Then simple rinse the hair and you are Tancho free.

Of all the hair styling products I've tried this has triumphed over them all. In fact, I've given or thrown away all the others. I found a great source on eBay for only $9.99. I suspect this will last for ages as it is dense and comes in 3.52 oz.

In summary, excellent NATURAL plant based ingredients, excellent styling capabilities and most excellent long-term value. I would only change the intensity and amount of fragrance. Albeit, my wife likes the smell!

Try it and I think you will agree that this is an excellent alternative to the more popular pomades and styling aids.

Latest reviews

Tancho Tique pomade stick from Indonesia is made from natural high quality ingredients. This is a huge bonus as I made the decision not to apply products containing any petro chemical.

Apparently, this product has been used globally for ages. I think it has been most popular amongst Asian men. However, from my research it looks like it gaining lots of attention as celebrities and high-end stylists/salons are now using it.

First-thing-first: The packaging. Love it! The 3.52 oz of product is nicely contained in a tube. This makes application easy and mess free. No more gunk on the hands. Plus, I can target specific trouble areas easier.

Surprisingly this is not overly greasy or too waxy. It has a nice 'tacky' hold that you can actually run your fingers through without completely disturbing you hold or getting your hands greasy. Of course, if you apply a heavy application it will be stronger and approach greasy and waxy/tacky. A Light application provides a light/medium hold and a moderate sheen. If you desire a hard hold and lots of shine of course apply more. I simply get my hair wet and apply Tancho, then comb in. Other application methods I've tried include 'melting' a portion on the palm then applying. I've found that using on damp hair works best to distribute evenly and to set your style. Here is a real tribute: I will actually sleep with this in my hair. The plant based oils have a powerful moisturizing effect on the hair. When showering in the evening I will alternative days I shampoo versus rinse.

Smell:This is the only thing I would change. The lavender smell is STRONG. Good thing it fades over time. It does remain as a medium scent ALL DAY. The scent is pleasant but strong.

Washout factor: Albeit there are various natural waxes the product washes out fairly easy. To get out 100% I apply shampoo (Nancyboy) to my hair whilst it is still dry. This allows the shampoo to break up the wax. Introducing water creates interference. Then simple rinse the hair and you are Tancho free.

Of all the hair styling products I've tried this has triumphed over them all. In fact, I've given or thrown away all the others. I found a great source on eBay for only $9.99. I suspect this will last for ages as it is dense and comes in 3.52 oz.

In summary, excellent NATURAL plant based ingredients, excellent styling capabilities and most excellent long-term value. I would only change the intensity and amount of fragrance. Albeit, my wife likes the smell!

Try it and I think you will agree that this is an excellent alternative to the more popular pomades and styling aids.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)