What's new

Layrite Superhold pomade

Item Description

I have read some positive reviews of this product and decided it was time to try. Glad I did! I have experimented with many modern and classic products (pomades, waxes, pastes, foams, gels, creams…you name it) trying to find the best all around performer. Layrite might be it!

-Smell: Pleasant. Coconut/vanilla and fairly subtle.
-Price: 4 oz jar. Seems like it should last quite a while.
-Performance: Thick stuff but emulsifies when you rub your hand together. Applies in a ‘tacky’ manner so you can comb your hair into style and position. Then it hardens slightly. I wouldn’t characterize this product as hy-sheen as suggested on the product packaging. In fact, I would say it is matte. I have read that many folks top off Layrite with additional hair product to add sheen. I am not a greaser and prefer the matte/semi sheen look.

Great stuff, easy to wash out as advertised and my new go-to styling aid. I have a business trip in long Beach CA end of July and intend on getting a cut and shave at Hawleywood’s where Layrite originated. Check em’ out: http://www.hawleywoods.com/

Latest reviews

D
There's not much I can add to this review. It's the best water-soluble pomade I have found for slicking back hair, and I have coarse thick hair. I knocked the price a little bit because it is $15 for a 4oz can, and I usually make a can last 3-4 weeks with daily use, so it can get a little expensive. My only other complaint is that it hardens more than I would like, which makes it difficult to recomb unless it's fairly warm outside, and in that case the heat softens it up a bit. Overall this is a great product that I will continue to use until I find something better.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I have read some positive reviews of this product and decided it was time to try. Glad I did! I have experimented with many modern and classic products (pomades, waxes, pastes, foams, gels, creams…you name it) trying to find the best all around performer. Layrite might be it!

-Smell: Pleasant. Coconut/vanilla and fairly subtle.
-Price: 4 oz jar. Seems like it should last quite a while.
-Performance: Thick stuff but emulsifies when you rub your hand together. Applies in a ‘tacky’ manner so you can comb your hair into style and position. Then it hardens slightly. I wouldn’t characterize this product as hy-sheen as suggested on the product packaging. In fact, I would say it is matte. I have read that many folks top off Layrite with additional hair product to add sheen. I am not a greaser and prefer the matte/semi sheen look.

Great stuff, easy to wash out as advertised and my new go-to styling aid. I have a business trip in long Beach CA end of July and intend on getting a cut and shave at Hawleywood’s where Layrite originated. Check em’ out: http://www.hawleywoods.com/
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)