What's new

Surrey Deluxe shaving soap

Item Description

A month ago, I had Surrey Deluxe shaving soap, which I would have sworn was Col. Conk from the packaging. It's what I'd call a decent, but not a great soap. The lather is fairly rich, the shave is ok, but I find it quite drying to my sensitive skin. With respect to the company which produces it, and to other members of this group who enjoy it, I think I'll just say it's not really for me.

Jeff

Latest reviews

neither the amber or white versions of this are as good as the pink version (deluxe). i like all three far better than williams, etc. but get the deluxe.
This is a good soap. It is a glycerine soap so is sort of a like a "hard" cream, almost. My puck has started dissolving faster, though, so I think longevity will not be as great as a triple milled soap, or a harder soap like Williams. However, it provides a very good shaving experienc. It has little scent, which to me is neutral, not bad, not good- it just smells like fats and oils to my nose, with maybe a hint of a "soap" fragrance. Lubrication is very good and it does a good job of keeping your skin reasonably soft even with multiple passes. It isn't as easy to lather as some other soaps but it mostly depends on your technique- a boar brush is not the brush to use with this soap, I use a synthetic and it is fine.

Overal this is a great, inexpensive soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
I guess I got a bad bar. This was the worst soap I've ever used. Please don't tell me Col Conk is similar. I have high hopes for the Amber. This, is not worth the effort to use.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)