What's new

Santos de Cartier Concentree

Item Description

Santos de Cartier was Cartiers first foray into male frags in '81. This review is of the concentree version which came out in 1982. As always, there's a fair amount of debate about which is better. The concentree version seems to get better reviews overall and most think has better longevity.

It doesn't get the attention of Anteus or Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme, but it should.

It's a nicely blended, rich smelling woody scent, perfect for a night out. I use it for office wear too, but I'm sort of odd that way.

Like a lot of 80s powerhouses, it's sort of spicy, woody. With it's pathchouli and sandalwood combo, it's quite similar to another underrated 80s gem, Versace L'Homme. Probably not as complex as L'Homme, but well done.

I personally wish it was a tad stronger- it's not as in your face as many 80s power frags (at least on me), but this is CEO in the boardroom kind of juice. Highly masculine and you'll smell like you're rich. A bit pricey at the retail level, but it can be obtained online pretty reasonably.

The base notes are galbanum, carnation, neroli, patchouli and sandalwood.
Comes in a very substantial black and gold metal container with a nice hefty feel to it. More of a mature scent than not, but some some young men could rock this in the right situations.

Latest reviews

Santos de Cartier was Cartiers first foray into male frags in '81. This review is of the concentree version which came out in 1982. As always, there's a fair amount of debate about which is better. The concentree version seems to get better reviews overall and most think has better longevity.

It doesn't get the attention of Anteus or Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme, but it should.

It's a nicely blended, rich smelling woody scent, perfect for a night out. I use it for office wear too, but I'm sort of odd that way.

Like a lot of 80s powerhouses, it's sort of spicy, woody. With it's pathchouli and sandalwood combo, it's quite similar to another underrated 80s gem, Versace L'Homme. Probably not as complex as L'Homme, but well done.

I personally wish it was a tad stronger- it's not as in your face as many 80s power frags (at least on me), but this is CEO in the boardroom kind of juice. Highly masculine and you'll smell like you're rich. A bit pricey at the retail level, but it can be obtained online pretty reasonably.

The base notes are galbanum, carnation, neroli, patchouli and sandalwood.
Comes in a very substantial black and gold metal container with a nice hefty feel to it. More of a mature scent than not, but some some young men could rock this in the right situations.

Item information

Added by
StylinLA
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from StylinLA

Top Bottom