What's new

Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve

Item Description

One of the Basenotes guys kept raving about this frag as his "secret weapon" so I stopped in to Lucky Scent's Scent Bar to give it a try.

Parfumerie General is small French niche perfumer that doesn't get a lot of notice. Glad I noticed this one.

The name translates as something like "shadow of the beast" and I think that's fitting.

This is a bit of an animal, but a tamed animal. I've had trouble finding a musk scent I liked for going out and this fits the bill for me perfectly. Pretty potent. Projects a bit too much if you're not careful with dose, but it's pleasant and sexy at the same time. The musk presents itself in an odd way mingled with the other notes that most people characterize as an animal fur smell. I like it.

Longevity is a pleasant surprise. I have issues with scent sucking skin so this is pretty tenacious juice.

Billed as unisex, but it leans quite masculine imo. I took immediate notice that Scent Bar kept it with the masculine frags. A small thing, but telling.

This one is growing on me fast. I've worn it to work, but I've got a pretty liberal office and I'm likely considered "eccentric" to say the least. Probably better for seduction than meetings.

Pricey stuff but worth it to me for a going out scent. If you're looking for a tamed animalic, give this one a sample.

Notes are: amber, musk, woods, incense, patchouli.

Latest reviews

One of the Basenotes guys kept raving about this frag as his "secret weapon" so I stopped in to Lucky Scent's Scent Bar to give it a try.

Parfumerie General is small French niche perfumer that doesn't get a lot of notice. Glad I noticed this one.

The name translates as something like "shadow of the beast" and I think that's fitting.

This is a bit of an animal, but a tamed animal. I've had trouble finding a musk scent I liked for going out and this fits the bill for me perfectly. Pretty potent. Projects a bit too much if you're not careful with dose, but it's pleasant and sexy at the same time. The musk presents itself in an odd way mingled with the other notes that most people characterize as an animal fur smell. I like it.

Longevity is a pleasant surprise. I have issues with scent sucking skin so this is pretty tenacious juice.

Billed as unisex, but it leans quite masculine imo. I took immediate notice that Scent Bar kept it with the masculine frags. A small thing, but telling.

This one is growing on me fast. I've worn it to work, but I've got a pretty liberal office and I'm likely considered "eccentric" to say the least. Probably better for seduction than meetings.

Pricey stuff but worth it to me for a going out scent. If you're looking for a tamed animalic, give this one a sample.

Notes are: amber, musk, woods, incense, patchouli.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
StylinLA
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from StylinLA

Top Bottom