What's new

Saint Charles Shave B&B Bay Rum w/ a Twist

Item Description

displayimage.php

Price: at $7.95 (I think) this stuff is a STEAL. Truefitt & Hill west indian limes is $60 and this is WAY better IMHO

Quality: Easy on the skin, light, and not greasy or oily in anyway, and the scent is fantastic. Great, great stuff.

Packagin: No frills packaging with a beach glass finish bottle a black atomizer and a clear sticker. Not exactly extravagant, but if you buy colognes to put them on display, you're crazy to begin with. She could put this stuff in water balloons and I'd still buy it.

Scent: Did I mention the scent is fantastic? Easily my favorite lime scent and one of my favorite colognes period. While it is labeled Bay Rum with a Twist, the lime is the dominating scent, and as it settles you get a warm background of spice from the Bay Rum. For me, it's a very light, summery scent that reminds me of a mojito with spiced rum, so everytime I wear it I feel like I should be soaking up sun on a Carribean Island. The scent is not an offensive stand-out strong "look who just entered the room" scent like most Bay Rum, it's much more mild, and IMHO MUCH more appealing. I always get compliments when I wear it.

Complexity: Not overly complex, but it doesn't need to be. Predominantly lime to start, it keeps that signature scent through the day but gets warmer and spicier as it settles.

Staying power: Way better than T&H west indian limes and on par with most of my other colognes. I get about 6 hours out of it, then you pretty much have to be nose to skin to notice the scent, so only the significant other can appreciate it after that.

Quality of Atomizer: Just a standard spritzer head you find on store bought atomizers, so it dishes out an unwieldy and large spray. I will usually put a spray on my Chest and the back of my neck and will almost always sneeze because so much of the initial strong scent is in the air. It's like taking a whiff of a newly opened bottle of gingerale. However it's almost impossible to over apply this stuff, so the lack of spray control isn't an issue for me.

Overall My favorite Lime Scent, and a great light scent for just about any occasion. It's fairly unique IMHO, so you don't have to worry about blending in, and after wearing between 15-20 times, I have received only positive compliments on it. At under $10, you're crazy not to pick some of this stuff up. Fantastic job Sue! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Latest reviews

D
I found that while this is a nice scent, it doesn't seem to last very long. It could be because the lime is the top note and citrusy fragrances don't seem to last long. I recommend it if bay rum and lime is something you like.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I purchased this nice fragrance expecting something different. Well...that it was! The initial scent is phenomenal! Limey, spicey, and just breathtaking! If only that scent would keep on going!!! It dissipated into IMHO a single note clove scent. No more lime:(
I really enjoy the combo of the EDT's multiple scent blending together but the single note of all things...clove...didnt do much for me personally. I love Bay Rum scents especially from Trumpers and Pinauds which are very developed. It might just be me but my nose only picked up the clove in the bay rum. It smells nice especially in the beginning. On me personally though it left itself into a single note fragrance which I dont thing was bad but wasn't what I was looking for. If the lime/citrus stayed with the spiciness of the edt it would be much more pleasing to my nose! Not a bad product though!
If you think about it, this is a pretty tough challenge: make a scent with the crisp and clear citrus smell of lime, and mix it with warm bay rum. Almost makes no sense, really. These two main ingredients are virtual polar opposites. Well, SCS has done a good job with this, but it is not perfect. It is more on the crisp side than the warm side, and I guess that makes sense. I like it, and wear it fairly often, but sometimes it reminds me of a cleaning product. At first.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
SLider
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from SLider

Top Bottom