What's new

Saint Charles Shave B&B Bay Rum w/ a Twist

D
I found that while this is a nice scent, it doesn't seem to last very long. It could be because the lime is the top note and citrusy fragrances don't seem to last long. I recommend it if bay rum and lime is something you like.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I purchased this nice fragrance expecting something different. Well...that it was! The initial scent is phenomenal! Limey, spicey, and just breathtaking! If only that scent would keep on going!!! It dissipated into IMHO a single note clove scent. No more lime:(
I really enjoy the combo of the EDT's multiple scent blending together but the single note of all things...clove...didnt do much for me personally. I love Bay Rum scents especially from Trumpers and Pinauds which are very developed. It might just be me but my nose only picked up the clove in the bay rum. It smells nice especially in the beginning. On me personally though it left itself into a single note fragrance which I dont thing was bad but wasn't what I was looking for. If the lime/citrus stayed with the spiciness of the edt it would be much more pleasing to my nose! Not a bad product though!
If you think about it, this is a pretty tough challenge: make a scent with the crisp and clear citrus smell of lime, and mix it with warm bay rum. Almost makes no sense, really. These two main ingredients are virtual polar opposites. Well, SCS has done a good job with this, but it is not perfect. It is more on the crisp side than the warm side, and I guess that makes sense. I like it, and wear it fairly often, but sometimes it reminds me of a cleaning product. At first.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this EDT from SCS. The scent is amazing, it starts off very limey, which I really dig, but then it slowly fades to a warm bay rum scent with the twist of lime Sue promises. :001_smile For the price you really can't go wrong, I would say it is a must have for lime lovers, and bay rum lovers. If you love both, you should buy 2. :biggrin:
My only complaint would be with the atomizer, as the first time I used it I thought it was from a squirt gun, but once you get used to it it is OK. I know Sue is starting to phase in new bottles with improved atomizers.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
As everyone else has noted, this is a very good cologne for the price. That said, however, I was somewhat underwhelmed. It's worth noting, though, that I've never worn lime or bay rum. In fact, I don't really know what bay rum should smell like. This scent was inexpensive enough I decided to roll the dice based solely on B-n-B reviews.

On me, at least, this is how my Bay Rum with a Twist day went. Another member used the word "brilliant" and I think that is the right word for the opening... but not brilliant as in genius, brilliant as in a flashbang grenade. The lime was an instant eye-opener, like you'd imagine a bucket of lime-scented Pine-Sol would be. Yeah, that's not a good thing, but it only lasted a minute. Then, a very nice, mellow lime took over. If I could keep that phase for a few hours, I'd love this scent! But an hour later, the lime was gone, and all I smelled was clove. More accurately, I smelled those Chistmastime baked spiced apples with the cloves stuck in 'em. After another two hours, even that scent was entirely gone, even nose-to-skin... 3-4 hours, on to gone.

This is the second of three SCS scents I've tried. The first was New Spice which, for the same price, I believe is somewhat better. The final one -- tomorrow's -- is a new sample from SCS called Mediterranian Citrus.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
Price: Excellent. Hard to find a better price on cologne.
Quality: Over all, I found it very "oily" and heavy, which lowered the ratings for me.
Packaging: Packaging is no big deal to me, so I gave it a 10.
Scent: This is where I gave it really low marks. There's nothing Bay Rum about this, just very strong lime that fades rather quickly. If you purchase this because you love Bay Rum, reconsider - especially if you don't LOVE lime. Had it been titled as "Lime EdT" or something, I would have given higher marks.
Complexity: Lime. Lime alone. Not very complex.
Staying Power: Sort of weak. Even with the solid stream from the atomizer wetting my shirt, the scent didn't last very long.
Quality of Atomizer: It squirts out a stream rather than a mist. It works, but a mist is prefered.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Price The price is phenomenal and that is why it deserves a 10!

Quality I took points off of quality because I find that if I spray it directly on my skin it is a bit greasy and if sprayed on a white shirt the oil seems to be a bit magnified to the viewer.

Packaging The packaging isn't the best but I don't care for asthetics, I hardly see it reasonable to dock a scent based on the way it sits on your counter.

Scent I think the scent is amazing and of course this is an extremely subjective thing. I'm a fan of the initial smell, it's nice and citrusy, after a while though that fades and all your left with is a medium strength eugenol odor. Which is good if you like the smell of cloves! I'm not a big fan though.

Complexity It's not that complex of a scent, I hate to give this the lowest score but that's just how I feel.

Staying Power The lime smell faded on me after an hour (a wonderful hour might I add!) after that your left with the eugenol smell. I sprayed it on before I slept to see how it would be in the morning and it's still there after 9 hours! Crazy stuff!

Quality of Atomizer The atomizer is BROAD but only if you press the pump hard and fast, if you do it gently and slowly you get this concentrated stream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I just got my bottle and wow, am i blown away. i love lime. absolutely love it. i recently got a sample of T&H West Indian Limes, and must agree that SCS Bay Rum With a Twist blows it away. after about one hour, the scent of the T&H was gone, while the SCS is still going strong after about 6. While not an extremely complex scent, the combination of the lime and spice gets me fantasizing about my upcoming trip to the Virgin Islands, where I will surely find it difficult not to wear this every day. The price cannot be beat, and I could care a whole lot less about the packaging. i actually prefer the broad spray of the atomizer, it works just fine for me. I cannot wait to try more SCS products!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is a brilliant smelling cologne.

It's definately going to be in my rotation.

My only critique is that it wasn't clearly stated on the web site if it was a cologne or AS. I thought I was ordering after shave.

Call it serendipity, but I might not have found this fragrance if I hadn't made that error.

This is a superb summer fragrance, but I have a feeling that it will become a winter one too and I love the scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Lime seems to be the top here using my nose....
Subtle scent of Bay Rum follows...
This is a very good scent all in all.......
I am just a bit let down by the staying power.....But this seems to a general problem with most Lime colognes......For the price and SERVICE.. This a no brainer:smile:
I bought this a couple of weeks ago. I get lots of compliments on it and even better my wife and her fussy nose loves the stuff. It starts off with a sweet lime smell and which fades into a subtle bay rum scent. If you like bay rum, this is a must have.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Great scent, I usually don't like scents like this, but this one was unique for me. Price more than makes up for the atomizer, which unfortunately requires some practice to spray to correct amount.
If he wears cologne, this would be the cologne for Captian Jack Sparrow. Sue really knows bay rum and the 'twist' part of this one only adds to a very good scent. This was the first cologne I ordered after joining this board and this one is still in my top 3.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
You just can't beat this stuff for value.

It starts off with a 'lime cola' type scent and dries down to a nice bay rum scent... just really nice stuff.

If you are even thinking about trying it, get some. For the price it's worth taking a chance on.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Price: At $9.00 for 3.3 ounces, it's truly a bargain. You would find yourself hard-pressed to come across a better bay rum cologne for the price... or even TWICE the price, for that matter(IMHO)!

Packaging: Those who view packaging as a selling point may be disappointed. There are definitely more aesthetically pleasing bottles out there. Personally, neither my nose, nor my wallet, seem to care.

Scent: Opens very fresh and crisp. The lime top note eases you into the spicy, but mellow dry down of traditional bay rum, lightly touched with hints of clove. The spice notes are uncommonly clean. Finally, a bay rum that smells like it belongs on your bedroom dresser, rather than your kitchen spice rack!

Complexity: Hey, it's a bay rum... but the lime adds some dimension.

Staying Power: For a bay rum, it has exceptional staying power. I am among the majority here, in that I can squeeze 6+ hours out of it. YMMV

Atomizer: Large pump-spray, similar to what one might find on a non-aerosol hair spray. Delivers a broad spray, although some have complained their atomizers spray in a stream. I can only assume it's something that may vary from bottle to bottle. It takes some getting used to, but certainly not something that can't be tamed.

Overall: WOW! Truly fabulous stuff at ANY price! I have always been unsure about bay rum fragrances, as the spice notes tend to vary considerably from one brand to the next. My girlfriend dislikes most bay rum fragrances, but finds this one very attractive, as it's not overly sharp or pungent. It's a very clean bay rum, so it's not a scent that would offend easily. I would definitely recommend SCS B&B Bay Rum with a Twist to anyone who is looking to transition into the bay rum arena. Definitely a safe bet for the guy who likes some bay rums, but finds others bay rums way too sharp or spicy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Fantastic scent and a great bargain, too. Use caution when applying; it can be overpowering. I really like this one!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this! At first i was surprised by the gingerale scent, but it definitely picks up complexity during the drydown. Others have pretty much summed it up, but I would like to add that this scent seems to really grow on me more and more each time I wear it. this is easily my wife's favorite scent, and as others have said it is impossible (practically) to put on too much.

BTW, my wife thinks it smells like a rum and coke (with lime, of course). I think she's pretty on the money with this description.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I just got this, and the scent is Incredible!! I love how it lingered through the day. I would catch the scent every so often, and wonder to myself why I waited so long to purchase this. A BIG thumbs up here :thumbup: My wife loves it too.

Thanks Sue :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Another "10" from me on this one. I've never been a lime fan...until I tried the SCS Bay Rum w/ a Twist. This is easily my favorite lime scent out there.

This scent just makes me feel happy. It's a nice pick me up on gloomy days.

The price makes this scent an outstanding value. If I could give the price an 11, I would. Really, just marvelous stuff for the price. And I'd give it a 10 even if it were 2 or 3 times the price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
A powerful lemon/lime, with a subtle bay rum undertone.

A great fragrance for a great price.

The atomizer is poor, and squirts a stream of liquid like a squirt gun. Doesn't really matter, squirt in hand and apply.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)