What's new

Proraso Pre/Post Cream

Everyone should have this product. Especially when experimenting with a new razor....It eliminates any traces of shaving irritation within hours...

A really worthwhile post shave product..especially for learners!
I LOVE this product. It works AMAZINGLY as a pre-shave, and the jar lasts so long it works out to be a great deal. If I accidentally forget to apply this before my shave, which happens sometimes in the early hours of the morning, I notice as soon as I take a swipe with my blade and immediately curse my negligence. A must have in your shaving collection.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I use it in place of the lather in Kyle's Prep. I use a lot more than the recommended little dab. For the post shave, I rub it in after the warm water rinse but before the cold water rinse - there's enough left after the cold water rinse to give me the post-shave feeling I want.

Price: $12 for a jar is very good. It's an especially good value if you use it as just a post-shave, as you don't need much.

Quality: Very nice product - not much more to say here. As good as any Proraso product.

Fights Razor Burn: The way I use it it works fairly well for this.

Cooling Sensation: Not quite the sensation you get from the SC or SS, but still present.

Scent: Typical Proraso. I like it.

Efficacy: I like it for both pre and post. Works well for me.

Moisturizing: Doesn't dry me out, but doesn't add much, either.

No Alcohol Burn: No alcohol = no alcohol burn. The menthol is another matter. I don't get much of a burn, even after a moderately rough shave (which doesn't happen often anymore).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use it as a pre shave product, and it makes a good shave a great shave. As an after shave, it burns too much for my taste, and I prefer after shave balms such as Nivea, Pre de Provence, or C&E Nomad.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
just ok
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This is basically the one constant in my shave routine. I will rotate nearly every other aspects of my shave, but I use this as a pre-shave every time. I wash my face with a cleanser and then put this on while face is wet. Then I take a shower. The combination of the steam with this product is wonderful and it absorbs into my face while I am showering. Gets my face just right for a nice face lather of whatever I am using that day. I love the smell too.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use the Proraso pre/post before and after each shave, it drastically improves the quality and comfort of my shave.
I do not only use it together with other Proraso products; I have also used it a lot together with Mitchell's Wool Fat - a perfect match for me.
The classic barbershop smell is awesome - and the cooling sensation is almost as good as coffee in the morning :001_smile
I would have liked the cream to be more moisturizing for my dry skin though.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
What is the difference between this and the Liquid Cream After Shave?
I very rarely use this as a pre-shave, but it is an absolute must as a post shave. I love the cooling sensation, works great as an aftershave, in fact, I use this instead of an aftershave. It's great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Further fueling the fires of my maturing menthol addiction, this little wonder tub of facial polar plaster produces profuse passels of mug-cooling goodness!

This stuff is like 'crack-in-a-jar' to me and I find I'm reaching for it more often as the days go by..

The more I use Proraso stuff the more I'm convinced that if Jesus were a wet shaver, he'd use Proraso products...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
this has to be one of the best products out threre. intense cooling on the face, and leaves your skin feeling healthy. a container will last for quite some time because you do not need to use much. i have to agree with most people that say this does better as an aftershave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
what ever experiment you are your puss this adds positive
I LOVE this stuff. I have tried several other post-shave balms and this 'trumps' the lot of them! Cheap and effective. I haven't tried it as a pre-shave yet but it cools and heals my face after a good shave. The smell is quite strong but I actually like it, and it seems to dissipate after about 15 minutes. You only need a tiny bit too which makes it all the more cost-effective. I use it over many of the expensive English balms that now sit at the back of my medicine cabinet. 50 years of Italian barbers can't be wrong! :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Great stuff. It works perfect on me, but as a pre-shave is usless. I dont like smell wich is medicine-menthol style. No irritation, rednesses and razor burn its anough for me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Proraso pre/post is one of those products that I should be using daily but don't for some odd reason. I have found this to be quite effective as a pre shave, provided I give it some time to work. Usually what I do is apply the Proraso pre/post to my beard area, then I'll apply a clay mask to the rest of my face. Once I have given the clay mask time to do its thing I'll shower then shave as normal. I always get better results this way, regardless of razor, blade, cream, or soap combo. It is time consuming though. I find the product to be a good value, I'd bet with daily use that the 100 ml jar would last me 4 or 5 months and it costs about $10-12.00 most places. The 500 ml jar available through Superlather is an even better value, currently priced at $30 for that huge jar.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I was wrongly shipped the eucalyptus and menthol version; however, I used it anyway. I admit to being a skeptic. But Proraso really does make a difference.

Smell:
Upon first application I do agree that the smell is strange. Kind of like Bengay. However, that odor quickly disappears and leaves what I think is a "clean" odor.

Pre-shave performance:
The menthol and eucalyptus leave a very strong cooling effect on the skin. I found this pleasant but others may find it too much. The additional lubrication and conditioning this product provides really does result in a better shave (closer, less irritation, no nicks)

Post-shave performance:
Again the cooling effects are very nice. Excellent moisturizing properties. Although the product is suppose to open pores for the pre-shave somehow it seems that as a post-shave it closes the pores (my skin was very well moisturized, cool, but felt tighter). It leave no greasy residue on the skin.

Just as a side note I even use this as a daily facial moisturizer and it works great.

Just an excellent product at an unbeatable value.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
i love the proraso green tube so i was excited to finallly use the pre/post cream. it comes in a nice glass jar that yells quality. when i first put my finger into it, it felt stiff. alot stiffer than the shave cream. i threw a dab on and HOLY FREEEZE. i would say 2x the menthol as the shave cream. i did seem to get a closer shave, and my face felt a little more moisturized but the best part was i felt the cooling sensation the entire time i was shaving. love this stuff. bye bye razor burn. proraso is the best
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I really dig this stuff.I only use is for pre-shave.Wet my face,rub a little on with the fingers,put a wet towel on for about 30 seconds to let it sink in and then the shve creme.I probably rub this stuff on to my face more than necessary because of the cooling effect and the smell is not the greatest in the world but it's way different than most stuff I've used...I'll even say unique and I like that.I think it helps in the pre-shave situation,at least for me,wonderfully.I also use the Bigalow shave creme and the Proraso Liquid Creme After so all the scents go together.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Wouldn't shave without it as a pre. The only one I'll use after trying 5 others.

You have to leave it on for 3-5 minutes before it works.

Only complaint is that I've broken the glass jar a few times.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just picked up a tube of green Proraso and combined it with a tub of the Pre/Post cream and got the best shave I've had yet. After reading the reviews I skipped over using it as a preshave prep and just stuck to the usual preshave shower to soften the beard.

Afterward I followed Joel's instructions and left my face slightly wet and rubbed in the cream. Love the mentholated cooling sensation, but I expected it to be a bit more intense (I could have built it up in my mind a bit too much). It moisturized well and absorbed quickly. I can only assume it soothes razor burn, but I didn't have any this shave so I'm not sure.

Combined with Proraso shaving cream I haven't found a better combo for a top notch shaving experience.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)