What's new

Precision Blades From Wal-mart canada

I really like these blades that I picked up from Honest Ed's. They were 99 cents for 10, cheaper than Wilkinson (which I also enjoy), and they have really impressed me so far. They are great quality blades, they're really great against the skin - that sound of the blades being neatly sliced off is ever so present in a shave with these. They are pretty sharp from what I have seen, as the shaves have been giving me BBS results. They also last a long time! I was able to pull off a comfortable shave even on the 7th use, so they don't end up skipping which is a great plus. The shave is very smooth. Packaging...who cares, but it's fine I suppose.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Decent, dependable blades. A slight bit duller than i would like, i can only get 3 shaves out of these involving atg passes. A little more drag than i'd like atg, but not painful. My thick beard lends better to sharper blades, but hey, to be honest, i'll keep them around in the rotation every now and then/
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I don't think Wal-Mart carries them any longer in Canada. The only blades I have found in the five or six Walmarts I've checked in my region are the (Made in Russia) Gillettes. (A package of 10 of the Gillettes sells at Wal-mart for about $10, substantially lower than the outrageous $14.99 Shopper's Drug Mart wants for the same thing).

I checked in person this morning, and these blades are available in quantity at Honest Ed's for $1.79 per pack of 10. Wow - considering these are at least as good, if better than the Gillettes at $14.99, that is a price/performance ratio of about 5, if not 8 to 1.

Oh, and yes, I did stock up while I was there. All in all, I think I now have enough blades to last a life time and a half.
Got these in a sample pack. Looked everywhere for them, especially Walmart to no avail so I ended up getting them online for a tiny bit more than thier normal selling price. Personna Isreal blades get high marks and I would agree these are good blades. They have a nice combo of sharpness and smoothness to them. I was a bit dissapointed that I could only get 3 shaves from them but thats the norm for me I guess. I think my blade of choice is between these and Astra's. Don't hesitate to give these a try if you can find some...:thumbup1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I found these in downtown Toronto, at 'Honest Ed's Emporium' - C$1.75 for a pack of 10. My attention had been caught by the fact they were marked 'Made In Israel' and knowing there's only one factory there, and that its output in various guises has been well received by B&B members, I thought I'd try them.

I had been using Dorco ST301's in my Weishi, with Proraso tube cream soap. Using these 'Precision' blades was certainly an eye-opener. They shave closer than the 301's, even though they don't seem quite as smooth, but after a week I still have had no nicks or cuts. With two WTG passes and one XTG, I have a DFS that I am very pleased with.

Can't wait to try this blade in my Merkur HD, when it arrives!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I ordered these blades from Fendrihan.com.
When I asked Alfred,the gentleman who owns Fendrihan, to suggest some blades in the same league as Derbys, he pointed me to Precisions.
Take note: the only blades I've tried before Precisions are Derbys and Merkurs.

I shave in three passes (N-S, S-N, a third pass of j-hooking to get the rough patches). With Precisions, the result is a fantastic shave!
I get four shaves from one Precision. I'm sure you could get a fifth shave, but why stretch it when the blades cost roughly $0.30 each?

Many of us have turned to DE shaving in order to reduce the environmental impact of the daily routine. Kudos to Personna Israel for selling the Precisions in packs of 10--the 5-pack Derbys and Astras seem like such a waste.

As other reviewers mentioned, Precisions could be a little smoother--indeed, in this category, the Derbys have their number. It will take a few passes before you become accustomed to this blade, but you will soon find that this is a Damn Fine Blade that gives a Damn Fine Shave.

I'm planning on a bulk buy, and I'm seriously considering 100 Precisions over 100 Derbys.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I found these nearly by accident at a convenience store here in Maple, ON. I have since seen them elsewhere. This is my second blade, having previously suffered through the stainless Gillettes. The packaging is a bit meh, but the shaving results are superb! I was amazed at just how much difference a blade can make. Great shave for the money! I think I paid around Cdn$2 for 10.:thumbup1:

+1 on a great review!
Good blades, pretty sharp and effective, could be just a little smoother for my taste.
D
I found these blades in Saskatchewan last year, but they seem to have disappeared since then. Quite a nice blade for the price if you can find them.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Very interested in your write up on the Precision blades. You say Walmart Canada handle them. I myself would like to try them. Can you tell me what area of Canada did you purchase them from.

I live in Vancouver B.C. and am unable to find same here. Suggestions?

Dan
Five years ago I bought 300 Precision single blade disposable razors at A&N on Hastings St. They were $1.00 a bag of ten, made in Israel. The Precision razors I got were very gentle and surprisingly sharp and longlasting compared to other disposable store-brand disposable razors. I am wondering if blades from Wallmart and disposable Precision razors came from the same factory like IP red-pack. Hmmm...
A Friend got me these the other day.
I had not seen a review of them so posted on the forum if anyone had heard of them. A few had but only one other person had used them so I thought I would turn B&B guinea pig!

I must preface this review by saying I am a newbie and have only tried Merkurs up to this point, I am to sort that out soon by ordering a sample pack of letterk. So please be aware this review is based on a comparison of only the Merkurs!

Having said that I have shaved with these blades three times now and have found them to be remarkable. They cost CA$1.49 for 10 and for the price I think they are a bargin, heck at CA$8.00 for Merkurs they are a steal.

I did my usual shave prep, shower, proraso pre cream, lathered up and let the lather sit on the skin for a minute or so then to shave!

My usual two passes WTG and already there was a marked difference to the Merkurs, a little drag on the blade but I found they took more hair off than the Merkurs. A pass XTG and I am nearly BBS!

A final pass ATG then some touch up under the chin and a perfectly smooth shave. No razor burn, no cut's, just nice and smooth and the skin feeling healthy.

As to longevity, well I have only shaved three times but I find that the third shave with the Merkurs has just about done them in, with the Precision's it feels like I have a couple more shaves left in the blade. Also I noticed the second time I used them the drag issue had gone away!

So, as I said at the begining. I am no expert and this review is based on only trying one other type of blade but if the aim of a blade is to shave as closely as possible with no irritation or skin cuts then this blade comes up trumps!
At CA$1.49 without the hassle of ordering on line( a real pain for those of us without credit cards!) it's worth a try!

All the best.
Ian

I have now been using them for nearly a week and am astonished at the close comfortable shaves that I am getting from them.
If you have a Wal-Mart near you and they have them there I would really reccomend you try them. Another bonus over the merkurs is that I have got 5 shaves out of one blade as opposed to 3 out of the Merkurs.
I was near wal-mart today and stocked up! one more thing I got the price wrong, they are in fact $1.47 for ten!:biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)