What's new

Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

Item Description

**Contains a serious initial alcohol burn.

Price: Can be found for around $6 a bottle.

Reprinted from a discussion thread here:

The second of three AS's ordered from this site is actually an EDC. I own most of the Pinaud line of aftershaves and let me say Citrus Musk is wholly different from their other stock. The signature Pinaud scent is typically pungent, spicy, bold and somewhat powdery after a time. These are not adjectives you would use in describing C.M.

In the bottle it has a strong medical grade alcohol mixed with lime odor. When first applied a strong alcohol burn and scent was noted. That quickly dissipated into a heavy lemon/lime odor which is pleasing if a bit heavy. Gradually at about the three minute mark it shifts to a lighter fresh lime scent. As even more time passes, perhaps 15 minutes or so, a truly lovely fragrance settles in.

I have read many threads from guys requesting suggestions for a natural citrus scent vs. the man-made, candy like aroma common to many fruit style AS's. Gentlemen, in my opinion this fits the bill. There are several things happening at once in my nasal passages. It has a light, airy, fresh odor like a damp meadow or perhaps freshly laundered clothing. There is a pleasing hint of soap detected within the mixture. All of which is underscored by a wonderful citrus rind aroma. Imagine holding a ripe unpeeled orange immediately followed by an equally ripe unpeeled lime up to your nose and inhaling deeply each fragrance. All these scents are competing yet complimenting one another, wafting around me in ever changing waves of smells. I cannot characterize it as strictly lemon/lime or strictly orange; it is truly an eclectic citrus splash. I am really blown away by this product.

As best I could tell reading the ingredients there is no glycerin or aloe added, but one of it's properties must be used to moisturize because my skin feels soft and supple after use. Perhaps one or the other is included but not listed as a main ingredient. I posed a question several weeks ago whether or not EDC's and EDT's can be used as aftershaves. The general consensus was yes you can. I have no trouble recommending this be used in lieu of a product labeled as a true AS. All the properties we love in an AS seem to be present and accounted for here. I highly recommend giving this a try even if you are not a fan of Pinaud's other products. As mentioned before this is a whole different animal. It is going to be one of my go to splashes from here on.

Latest reviews

People talk about the memories that Clubman brings back, about the burn of Bay Rum, about the love/hate they have for Lilac Vegetal...

Meanwhile, Citrus Musk sits unappreciated among the pantheon of Pinaud fragrances.

The citrus in this product is mainly lime, but I can close my eyes and picture myself walking through the citrus aisle at a produce stand, with the scent of limes and oranges and other wonderful, ripe fruit.

The musk counterbalances the citrus by adding a base note, not overwhelming the citrus but complementing it.

This is a marvelous scent, perhaps my favorite from Pinaud. This is the one I keep on the counter, the one I occasionally dab on myself even when I haven't just shaved.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I find it more as a cologne than an aftershave. For me it has no aftershave propertys but as a cologne its very nice. Its very fresh lime cologne with strong musk base. The musk is a little bit to strong for me and it makes this cologne sweet ( like some kind of candy). It lasts on me about 5 hours its preaty long for lime cologne. Good stuff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I was hesitant to purchase this as Pinaud and i do not get along. Well, hush my mouf'!

This has got to be one of the all time favorites(or at least one of mine now!) now this reminds me of the barbershop i used to go to as a young lad. I had no burn upon application and really wanted to pour it on because of the scent but held back.

The drydown is nice and powdery but with the hint of limes, or lemons,or oranges, or a mixture0don't know,don't care! It just smells like citrus is supposed to smell-real fruit, not candy.

I did not use any balm afterward-however(Disclaimer: 1 drop of GFT lime skin food used 10 minutes prior to application), my face felt wonderful. have to try it w/o balm or skinfood and see what happens(like tomorrow!).

Taking into account price, amount, scent, and performance youcannot go wrong with this one!

marty
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation