What's new

Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave

What a nice surprise! I used this yesterday for the first time, and found it to be a deliciously scented, long-lasting, spicy delight. I can't imagine this not going well with anyone's scent, it's a really nice splash cologne, and I'd wear it before going out for the evening, even if I hadn't just shaved.

It did burn a bit, but not terribly (at least, not as awfully as the Santa Maria Novella Lavender firebomb aftershave I also have), and did give my face an interestingly sealed-moisture feel. Let's just say that you probably don't want to use an alcohol splash after any particularly rough shave (c'est la vie), but splashing some of this on after a smooth one is more than a little reward. I was catching whiffs of this for about 5 hours, not bad.

I highly recommend this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
This is very affordable, ($6.99 for a 12 oz. bottle.) It smells great. Fights razor burn. Although it is an alcohol based aftershave it seems to provide some moisturizing for my skin.

As for the alcohol burn it definitely does burn. But it also cools to a certain degree while burning your face.

If you like the Bay Rum Scent it is definitely worth a try.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Despite the fact that I have given poor scores in some areas, I love this product. Whether or not it is for you depends entirely on what you are looking for in an a/s product.

I find the price, quality, and scent of Pinaud's Bay Rum to be right on. It also does an adequate job of fighting razor burn.

This product is not a cooling or moisturizing product and can burn like the fires of hell if you have any facial irritation after the shave. After a bad shave, this product can have you slamming your hand in the door in an attempt to forget how bad your face is stinging.

As I tend to like moisturizing qualities in my aftershaves, I have gone to using this product like a cologne. It has a stout and lasting scent that I really enjoy and my wife absolutely loves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
:biggrin: :biggrin: I was so happy when I found out that this beautifully scented aftershave wasn't extinct. The last time I had it was 30 years ago, and did I ever miss it, until this past week, I received 2 bottles of it that I'd ordered. Everytime I splash it on, it reminds me of when I was a kid. I love the bay rum scent, it has a nice cooling sensation, and it's not expensive, and it's great to wear for the office. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jeff
Top Bottom