What's new

Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave

The burn this one gives you cannot be underestimated.

I had to set my face on fire to cool it down.

Very nice Bay Rum scent though. If I could buy it in UK it would be in my collection.
You can't beat the price for such a great product. And yes it is overloaded with cinnamon because it contains a cinnamon extract along with bay tree oil. I think its great to use anytime. Very manly
I just bought some and I like it. I like Royall Bay Rhum a/s better, but Pinaud is about 25x cheaper!
I was sure I reviewed Pinaud Bay Rum before, but I don't see it.

Anyway, I enjoy this stuff the more I use it. It's suitable for any time of year, but the cloves and cinnamon provide a pretty intense warming (hence the zero rating for cooling) sensation, so I generally use it in the cooler months. And no one can go without mentioning the Hellfire burn! This burns almost as much, if not moreso, than AV Musk. Skin feels great afterwards, but there's almost no moisturizing , not that I'd expect much. Pair this with Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food and enjoy the wonderful scent :w00t:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
great stuff. been using it for years.
burns like hell but leaves my face feeling much better than other AS that is more expensive. LOVE the smell wish it lasted longer.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I wish the smell lasted longer, but I use it from time to time.
This after shave is adequate. It smells sort of like a hot apple cider. Burns a lot. Better for winter months.
Love this one! To bad the great scent doesnt last though. This is the a/s I go to when I want to light my face on fire. This one burns me the most. Good product. It will always have a spot in my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I picked this up after reading about the intense burn. I, for one, love the burn, and this surely does not disappoint.

Out of the bottle it does have a sickly sweet smell that I was initially loath to apply to my face, but fortunately the scent opens wide after application and dries down to a pleasant cinnamon/clove that soaks in quickly and is completely gone within five hours. It is never over powering, and it's not really all that sweet.

The scent is nice, but in end the burn is what makes this go 'round. There is the initial alcohol burn, which is definitely intense, but once the alcohol dries, and the splash begins to soak in, there is a burn that feels like it is three layers of skin deep. And this is what makes this stuff so great. It works very well as an antiseptic because of this two-tiered, time released burn, and at least for me, this helps dramatically with shaving reparations.

Great great stuff. And because it is a lot cheaper than Speick and Musgo Real, it has become my go to aftershave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Frankly I like this stuff... but not for the reasons I thought I would.

It smells nice, but it smells more like cinnamon than anything else.
It does a good job at stopping bumps, but , as someone said earlier in this review, it burns like the fires of hades!

All in all Not a bad aftershave, and certainly cheap enough, but not my favorite.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just broke this stuff out again after some time away from it and holy smokes! Literally, this is the stuff to use if you have to go out in the frigid winter weather after shaving.

It is inexpensive, and the quality of the product is excellent.

I don't understand how people say it fights razor burn. If you already have a razor burn, this stuff will only light it on fire again.

There is no cooling sensation when your face is burning.

The scent is strong and Piratelike. Sometimes I add a dab of something like Trumpers Spanish Leather on after the Bay Rum dries. If you want visions of swashbuckling bucaneers then this is the hot set-up. It joins well with other "spicey" scents.

I've never noticed any moisturizing affects and the alcohol burn is well known.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Not that this stuff needs another review, but I'll add my two cents.

Price was good but I gave it a 9 because I had to order it.

I was surprised that it actually did a pretty good job of fighting razor burn. My face felt extra smooth and toned afterwards.

This stuff is volatile, of course it has a cooling sensation.

I can't get enough of the scent! I love it.

It does what it's supposed to do, in my opinion.

It doesn't moisturize much so I supplement with something else.

The alcohol burn varies. If I slap it on right after I shave I have been known to run around in circles fanning my face and shouting profanity. If I put something like corn huskers on first the burn is very mild and actually quite pleasant.

Good stuff!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
D
Man I love this stuff, love! It tends a bit closer to a cinnamon scent than some of the bay rums I've used. It smells fantastic, its cheap, but man its not for the timid because it can burn (especially if you went daydreaming off about the girl next door while welding that Valet Autostrop there, let alone your treasured cut throat). With a good shave, it still burns but burns less (which can be a bit of a pleasure--hell I like tattoos to though). I would encourage everyone to atleast try this as a cologne.

I just want to rub my face all over with it :lol: lol
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This sort of reminds me of Atomic Fireballs--those hard candies we used to eat as kids that would burn your mouth and occasionally, we were told, cause the odd kid to choke to death. I would guess that that Atomic Fireballs had lots of cinnamon in them--as well as cayenne and sugar.

It's the smell of sweetness and cinnamon in Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum that makes me think of Atomic Fireball candies. So, too does the risk of choking to death from it.

I really want to like this stuff, since I am such a fan of basic Clubman AS. But this smells like the aforementioned Atomic Fireball candy along with something else, something that is not an odor that bodes well.

Some time ago I had to go through some training for chemical warfare. The instructors emphasized that certain chemical toxins had a sickly sweet smell. I often tried to imagine exactly what this sickly sweet smell of death would be like. I think I know what it is now: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum.

However, I am going to hold onto my bottle. I am loyal to the Clubman brand. I will give it another chance, try out some other Bay Rums. Maybe this is a fine Bay Rum as Bay Rums go...and I simply don't like Bay Rum. Or maybe my tastes will change, and I will grow to like it.

At the very least my bottle of Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum will make a fine area defense weapon in the event I need to scare off a mob of people and send them choking and gasping for air. I'm fairly certain this stuff would work better than military grade CS gas. So for this purpose it gets a "10" for efficacy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I have been using this stuff since my teens when I would steal a splash from my old man every now and then. I don't mind the burn. I have actually noticed that my face feels numb shortly after applying. I have attributed this to cloves possibly? I tend to use it in spring and fall. Don't get any in your mouth. It tastes terrible, and seems to numb my mouth as well. It even tastes bad long after it has dried.

Smells great and works well. I will always have it in the cabinet.
Great stuff.

when I first put it on, yowza what a burn. After a few moments, it goes from a 'burn' to a pleasant warmth so my face feels warmed but not unpleasantly so. This is sort of the "anti-Aqua-Velva" in that sense.

The scent is enjoyable, powerfull, and long-lasting. Well, I say it's 'enjoyable', but like everything else one man's scent is another man's stink ... a personal preference. I'd pick this for winter wear, rather than summer.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I bought myself a bottle of this stuff at my local Rite Aid. Thought I would give it shot. I am a firm believer in alcohol based aftershaves. Boy, did this stuff burn. But it was awesome. The smell is clovey, but I didn't find it cloying. It didn't last long, either. I like that in aftershaves. If I wanted a scent to last all day I would buy cologne. My face was smooth throughout the day. The alcohol closed the pores nicely. A definite keeper. The wife wasn't totally impressed, but it was passable. Better than the reaction I got with Aqua Velva (read my review). I would buy this product again.
Lovely stuff! And it really does burn! Feels great to me, the other aftershaves I've tried just tingle. Must be something to do with the cinnamon and cloves in it. Smells really nice, I like it a lot.

Seals the skin just fine after a crappy shave (dull bladed straight that needs more work on the blade), once the burning has gone its like having new skin.

No moisturisating proerties whatsoever, so I applied an unscented moisturiser aftewards.

I really enjoy it, makes me feel like a pirate!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is the scent that I remember from way back when Ralph owned the local barbershop. He would hit me with that and the talc after the cutting was done, and I smelled great!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
A great Bay Rum scent at a great price!

I generally do not use this as an aftershave, mostly as a cologne, but any way you use it, you will not be disappointed. A barbershop classic that keeps getting better everytime I reach for it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)