What's new

Nandita Sandal (Sandalwood) Oil

This is a good one, definitely worth risking $8 if you love sandalwood (I got it after Kevan recommended.)

For those who like it, Body Shop's Woody Sandalwood oil is a nice alternative.
I've been telling people about this stuff on B&B for months. Nice to see someone else loves it too. :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Holy Cow!

I know there a ton of sandalwood lovers on this board, me being one of them.

Admittedly, I was a bit apprehensive about such an inexpensive product being so damned good. I'd heard glowing reviews about this stuff, but decided I had to try it myself. It can often be found on eBay for the paltry sum of around $10 (including shipping).

As for quality, I can honestly say I was taken aback. It's advertised as an incense oil, but don't let that fool you. It comes with a dropper as well as roll-on applicator, and can be used on your skin as well as in your oil burner. Quality is top-notch all the way around.

Let's get down to the scent: pure sandalwood, nothing more, nothing less. It's very much a single note, which is what I was after. I can honestly say it's come as close as any when it comes to replicating the scent of authentic Santalum album. Nandita has done a terrific job with this stuff; an outstanding interpretation of the real thing.

Staying power is phenomenal; all day and night. This isn't for the guys that want to smell good for a couple hours but tire of a fragrance after lunchtime. This baby is in it for the long-haul.

I am duly impressed. Not only does it go on great as a fragrance by itself, but in my experience, it can also be used to make aftershave balms and any other sort of toiletry you can imagine. Using just a few drops is enough; it's strong. Using it in this manner hasn't irritated my skin so far.

Buy it! If you're not satisfied, you're only out $8-10.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)