What's new

Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream

Item Description

Price: Well, as far as I can tell this formula is presently only available in the 1.5oz travel size at the bargain basement price of $5. The Nancy Boy Signature shave cream at $16 for 6 oz is still one of the great deals out there (but that's another review!)

Quality: In a word: Outstanding. I have been really impressed now with both Nancy Boy creams that I've used as well as their other products. Very clean feeling products and this Replenishing Shave Cream is no exception. Absolutely fantastic.

Scent: As the NB website states, there is a definite presence of cucumber. I actually don't care for cucumber at all as a general rule, but really found myself enjoying the smell of this cream as I shaved. It was very calming. The scent is subtle and definitely not overpowering, but ever present.

Latherability: This is my only gripe with Nancy Boy creams. And that gripe isn't a terribly big one... You have to use more cream to get the same lather you would with other companies. Once you know the right amount and get working it lathers quickly and wonderfully. Very thick.

Efficacy:This Replenishing cream works exceptionally well. I found that it's very protective and permits a very smooth glide of the razor, allowing for a good shave without the burn. I lathered and shaved 3 times (with - across - against) comfortably throughout. Sitting here typing this, my face feels cool without any aggravation.

Moisturizing Properties: I really like the NB products because my face seems to feel softer each time I finish shaving with them. I'm actually having a hard time typing this right now as every time I pause to think of a word I rub my chin and get lost in how great my face feels!

Packaging: Minimalist. The Nancy Boy logo makes me smile and I love the "Tested on boyfriends, not animals" statement on the back. The jar is sturdy enough that I feel confident taking it with me travelling and not fearing it will open or break.

This is quite possibly my new favorite cream. I enjoy the Signature Nancy Boy, but the subtle cucumber scent of this cream is incredibly inticing. For you morning shavers, this, I believe, would be a great eye-opener rolling out of bed.

When I get my camera back working I'll post some pictures.

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent
Cons: Lack of scent longevity
I can’t remember exactly what I paid but I remember it wasn’t that bad. I gave it a 10 because unlike some … ok many, they actually sell you a half decent size “sampler” size before you having to delve in head long. That’s classy IMO.I have been fortunate enough to be able to sample quite a few creams and though this is a good quality cream, there are others out there that “I” found better so a 10 is out.The Scent! I LOVE the scent! So why an 8. Because I love a scent that lingers and is “all in my face!” Sure this stuff will make 95% of people happy if you like cucumber! For me though, well, I wanted more!I will say for a product that has its eye on a group of buyers who don’t have brushes, Latherability wasn’t bad. But as this forum is called Badger & Blade, know that your badger isn’t going to get some of those remarkable lathers without “figuring it out” first. If you get it on the first go – cool.Moisturizing properties are good. I use their aftershave too, and combined it’s great. I love the packaging! Simple and clean. Moreover, there is humor inserted. I think when my daughter gets old enough to read, she’ll love the idea of boyfriend tested lol. Hell maybe my son will too_Overall I like this product a lot. It’s not all that and a bag of hammers, but then it’s getting cool where I live and this is certainly a summertime product in my eyes. I bet when it’s in the 100’s again - I am going to Love it!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Overall this is a really great cream with excellent skincare properties. I was able to get loads of rich and creamy lather with little effort. My face felt smooth and well moisturized after the shave. I think I paid $15.00 for a 6oz tub which really isn't bad and NB prides themselves on using a lot of natural ingriedients and botanicals.The only complaint I have is the packaging. My wife gives me a hard time for using products called Nancy Boy. :thumbup:
This stuff is great. I agree with everything positive.

Moisturizes better than anything I have ever tried.
My only winter cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability