What's new

Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream

Pros: Scent
Cons: Lack of scent longevity
I can’t remember exactly what I paid but I remember it wasn’t that bad. I gave it a 10 because unlike some … ok many, they actually sell you a half decent size “sampler” size before you having to delve in head long. That’s classy IMO.I have been fortunate enough to be able to sample quite a few creams and though this is a good quality cream, there are others out there that “I” found better so a 10 is out.The Scent! I LOVE the scent! So why an 8. Because I love a scent that lingers and is “all in my face!” Sure this stuff will make 95% of people happy if you like cucumber! For me though, well, I wanted more!I will say for a product that has its eye on a group of buyers who don’t have brushes, Latherability wasn’t bad. But as this forum is called Badger & Blade, know that your badger isn’t going to get some of those remarkable lathers without “figuring it out” first. If you get it on the first go – cool.Moisturizing properties are good. I use their aftershave too, and combined it’s great. I love the packaging! Simple and clean. Moreover, there is humor inserted. I think when my daughter gets old enough to read, she’ll love the idea of boyfriend tested lol. Hell maybe my son will too_Overall I like this product a lot. It’s not all that and a bag of hammers, but then it’s getting cool where I live and this is certainly a summertime product in my eyes. I bet when it’s in the 100’s again - I am going to Love it!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Overall this is a really great cream with excellent skincare properties. I was able to get loads of rich and creamy lather with little effort. My face felt smooth and well moisturized after the shave. I think I paid $15.00 for a 6oz tub which really isn't bad and NB prides themselves on using a lot of natural ingriedients and botanicals.The only complaint I have is the packaging. My wife gives me a hard time for using products called Nancy Boy. :thumbup:
This stuff is great. I agree with everything positive.

Moisturizes better than anything I have ever tried.
My only winter cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The Nancy Boy products have been a revelation to me.

This cream, although you require a little bit more cream to get the lather you want, produces outstanding results!

I cannot recommend it highly enough. After using it exclusively until it finished, my skin has improved dramatically! It looks so much better!

I will be buying more for sure :D I might even try their other scents.:w00t:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Very nice cucumber scent and very soothing to the face. Use this cream when I use my slant or a Feather blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is the most amazing shave cream I've ever had on my face, period. Granted, I haven't tried ALL the high end creams, but I've made my way through a fair number of samples, and . . . this is the STUFF.

I prefer to face lather, and the wide-mouthed jar lets me dip the tips of my shaken out BBE brush into the cream and go directly to town. Another dip, into hot water, and lather just starts exploding on my face. One dip in the tub is enough for a 4-pass shave with tons left over, and it's so slick and slippery that I can actually raise a workable lather with my fingertips after I've rinsed off after a pass . . . amazing.

Moisturizes like crazy, leaves my skin feeling great, shaves close as all get out, and I like the fresh cucumber scent, myself.

The logo and "tested on boyfriends, not animals" tests my sense of irony somewhat, but the product is so fantastic I've elected not to care. If I had to find a flaw with this cream, it's that the lather's SO thick and long-lasting, it's harder to rinse out of the sink than most.

NANP™
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I know if you were to go through all my posts I come across like a Nancy Boy spokesman, but what can I say, I really enjoy using Nancy Boy products, and the replenishing shave cream is no exception. It, along with their Signature scent cream and Barc's Cutting Up are the three creams in my rotation. This is probably my favorite of the three. At $16 for the 6 oz tub the price is half of what I paid for a tub of T&H WIL and I found this to be superior. It lathers up well, although the water/cream ratio isn't as forgiving as Barcs for building lather. With Barcs you can have tons of water or virtually no water and still build tons of lather. With NB you pretty much have to be dead on to build good lather. I like the way it feels going on though, and like all their replenishing products I love the fresh cucumber scent. I never get razor burn or nicks with this, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, although I do think the Signature cream moisturizes better. I like the simple plastic tub packaging, although guess I'm just not comfortable enough with my masculinity in that I feel a bit akward about having a product called Nancy Boy with a blue daisy sitting on my countertop. But as long as they keep making great products I'll keep buying them.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I concur with all the reviews on this wonderful shave cream. You can get this cream for a song and a dance and it lathers up beautifuly! The scent isn't the greatest, but the quality of the shave makes up for it ten fold! The scent doesn't linger and you can put your favorite cologne on afterwards if need be. Those fellas at NB sure make a great product. I will say though, it takes a real man to display the products on your counter, but hey, as well as they work, who cares! Enjoy!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
With the NancyBoy pre-shave oil, this is great.

On its own I can seem to get consistently the same lubrication. At times it's perfect, at times it's not slick enough. When all turns out ok, I get the best shave and a most wonderful conditioned skin. It's the only cream after which I don't feel the need to apply a conditioner of sorts.

Lathering is so so for me. Perhaps my technique is not quite good enough yet.

(On a side note, I've taken this cream to a place where the water was very hard--big mistake.) When traveling, takes something like Proraso to get consistent results even if the water is poor quality.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
loueedacat;409273 said:
I think this stuff is amazing. It has a very soft lather, but I have been amazed by how well the shave goes, though it feels very different from shaving with say the 3Ts. I get a great shave in two passes and my skin feels great all day. The ASB is really good too.

I second this comment. This is a uniquely scented and extraordinarily high quality product. The cucumber/orange-ish scent is a great eye opener, it makes thick creamy lather (once you figure out how much cream vs. water to use), and it's extremely kind to your skin. Following it up with NB replenishing face cream - an excellent product in its own right - is a must.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I think this stuff is amazing. It has a very soft lather, but I have been amazed by how well the shave goes, though it feels very different from shaving with say the 3Ts. I get a great shave in two passes and my skin feels great all day. The ASB is really good too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
jmwebster;407448 said:
I am relatively new to these boards, but have been wet shaving for 3 years. With how everyone has talked nancy boy up on the boards and in reviews,I am shocked at how bad this stuff is.

It lathered easily, and smelled great but that was about all the good things I can say for it. I got through half of a pass before I washed it off and switched to another cream. I might as well have been dry shaving.

Thankfully I got in a PIF offer (THANKS AGAIN! love the gillette tech and a/s), so I did not have to spend my money on it.

I received a package about a month ago and I was not impressed I am not sure how this stuff gets the praise it does.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I am relatively new to these boards, but have been wet shaving for 3 years. With how everyone has talked nancy boy up on the boards and in reviews,I am shocked at how bad this stuff is.

It lathered easily, and smelled great but that was about all the good things I can say for it. I got through half of a pass before I washed it off and switched to another cream. I might as well have been dry shaving.

Thankfully I got in a PIF offer (THANKS AGAIN! love the gillette tech and a/s), so I did not have to spend my money on it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Great stuff. It gives a constantly good shave, is easy on the skin, and I really like the scent, which is pure cucumber, hence a favorite of mine in the summer. Nice if powerful scents aren't your thing.

The price is right, the packaging is clean and simple. Your face feels clean and fresh, and smooth.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
First off...kudos to NB for selling travel size units that actually last more than a week. I wish every company selling shave cream would do this, as I can't stand buying the big tub/tube and then finding out I don't care for it. Anyway, this cream is outstanding! It may be even be better than the Signature, except for the fact that I don't really like the smell of cucumbers. However, like my (now) beloved Proraso I may yet become a fan...time will tell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
+1 to everything docslytherin said about NB Replenishing Shave Cream. This stuff is really fabulous, gives a great shave.
The only place where it gets marked down is in latherability, but in all fairness to them, they tell you right up front that it isn't intended for lathering. Their preferred method of usage is to put a bit of their pre-shave oil on your face, rub it in well, then take a snurdle of the shave cream and rub it in on top of the shaving oil with your fingers. Then shave. They also point out that the weirdos on B&B like to build up a lather with a brush, but that this is an off-label use of the product.
OK, I tried it both ways, and got a superlative shave both times. In fact, enough to order the full size and the a/s balm, to complement my signature scent lineup.
This stuff is really great, and regardless of whether you use it their way or ours, it delivers a really great shave.
My wife comments that she would like more of a cucumber scent. (Caswell-Massey does this very well, but I don't know if they're using natural ingredients.)_ The process which NB employs (hydrosol) yields a very faint cucumber scent, but wow! is it refreshing. This is one that should definitely be in everybody's lineup.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is a very unique scent when it comes to shaving creams. I would guess that this would be a very good choice for those with sensitive skin since I have never heard of cucumber allergies.

It is a refreshing scent, good quality cream overall. If you are looking for a unique scent, skin friendly cream I would recommend it.

Warning: After using this scent, you may find yourself wanting a salad for lunch! :wink:
Definitely don’t write off this cream because you just can’t get excited about a cucumber scent. I was the same way, and it turns out that I slightly prefer this scent to their signature scent (lavender and peppermint).

They use real cucumbers and steam distill them to create a hydrosol (scented water). The process is expensive and rare in that other manufacturers tend not to go to the trouble. There is also a slight citrus scent, which really gives this cream a light fresh fragrance. If your not sure if you will like it, then ask for a sample when you place an order for their other scent.

Remember to sign up for their email newsletter (comes once per month) and you will save 15% on every product everyday. Also, if you order $50 worth of products you get free shipping. I have found that all of the products I have tried from this company are quality made and reasonably priced when compared to their competition.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: Well, as far as I can tell this formula is presently only available in the 1.5oz travel size at the bargain basement price of $5. The Nancy Boy Signature shave cream at $16 for 6 oz is still one of the great deals out there (but that's another review!)

Quality: In a word: Outstanding. I have been really impressed now with both Nancy Boy creams that I've used as well as their other products. Very clean feeling products and this Replenishing Shave Cream is no exception. Absolutely fantastic.

Scent: As the NB website states, there is a definite presence of cucumber. I actually don't care for cucumber at all as a general rule, but really found myself enjoying the smell of this cream as I shaved. It was very calming. The scent is subtle and definitely not overpowering, but ever present.

Latherability: This is my only gripe with Nancy Boy creams. And that gripe isn't a terribly big one... You have to use more cream to get the same lather you would with other companies. Once you know the right amount and get working it lathers quickly and wonderfully. Very thick.

Efficacy:This Replenishing cream works exceptionally well. I found that it's very protective and permits a very smooth glide of the razor, allowing for a good shave without the burn. I lathered and shaved 3 times (with - across - against) comfortably throughout. Sitting here typing this, my face feels cool without any aggravation.

Moisturizing Properties: I really like the NB products because my face seems to feel softer each time I finish shaving with them. I'm actually having a hard time typing this right now as every time I pause to think of a word I rub my chin and get lost in how great my face feels!

Packaging: Minimalist. The Nancy Boy logo makes me smile and I love the "Tested on boyfriends, not animals" statement on the back. The jar is sturdy enough that I feel confident taking it with me travelling and not fearing it will open or break.

This is quite possibly my new favorite cream. I enjoy the Signature Nancy Boy, but the subtle cucumber scent of this cream is incredibly inticing. For you morning shavers, this, I believe, would be a great eye-opener rolling out of bed.

When I get my camera back working I'll post some pictures.
Top Bottom