What's new

L'Occitane Cade shaving soap

Pros: Lather and scent.
Cons: Nothing I can think of.
Bought this in a proper brick and mortar shop. L'Occitanes' shop in Belfast. That in itself was a nice change from the internet! Lovely girl (!!!) served me and threw in a bar of Savon de Marseillaise soap and a few samples.

Bought it yesterday. Had already shaved so I just lathered it up last night for a wee "look see.".

Today (10 mins ago) it was used for real! What can I say......Lathers as well as Tabac and smells nicer! :sad:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy load, billowy lather, good protection
Cons: Slightly pricey
I bought this on a whim after getting my first TAOS Royal Shave. I was in the Mall at Millennia and across from TAOS was a L'Occitane shop. I had heard good things about their shaving soaps and creams so I decided to take a look. The men's section was in plain sight by the counter and the soap was a centerpiece of the display. At $12 a puck it's a better deal than TAOS soap, so I bought one without the metal bowl.

I regret nothing. This soap is the best I have used to date along with RazoRock, and I see myself buying more of it when I run out. I used an Omega boar brush and face lathered. The resulting lather was very dense, had a perfect if basic soap smell, and provided me with ample protection and no dryness.

If you haven't tried this already, do so.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Leather, slick
Cons: Pticd
Love this soap it will produce rich and thick leather much like a good cream. Excelent for super-leathering too - just add a drop of shaving cream once the leather has formed. Mixes well with Lime scented products.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, lather
Cons: hard to get one
I love this soap. I love it's scent.

Did not bought it with the metal bowl since some complaints that is not lasting (corrosion), but I've found a pretty nice glass bowl with cover.

I've found out that it lathers better with my Wilkinson bristle brush than with the Muhle badger one. Thick lather, protective.

My only complaint is that I've search to 5 L'Occittane centres until I've found one.

Highly recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, good scent, recommend for sensitive skin
Excellent lather and nice scent - not overpowering. Find it to be very gentle compared to other soaps, would recommend for those with more sensitive skin.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, lather, slickness
Cons: Tends to leave a bit of soap scum...
I love this soap! A bit pricey for me, but definitely well worth it. The scent alone is amazing. It lathers well and provides the right amount of slickness for my shave. I did notice that compared to other soaps I use it tends to leave a bit more soap scum, but that could just be me...overall a great shave soap that I would definitely recommend.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Fragence and Longevity
Cons: None
I picked this soap up at the Mall in Baton Rouge in the summer of '16. It lasted until the new year!. I shave face and scalp practically every day. It smells great, lathers great, and shaves great. I have no real complaints. Its also affordable. Bought it across the way from "The Art of Shaving". it was less than half the price. Only drawback is that I had to go in a French makeup store to get it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice smell, lathers well,
Cons: Ok the aluminium bowl is on the expensive side but it's a one time cost, the re-fills are reasonable.
I jumped on the Cade shaving soap bandwagon a couple of months ago and after using it in regular rotation along with some English and Italian soaps/creams, L'Occitaine makes a great product. I know some people are making a big deal about the expensive bowl, it's a one time cost in my mind, the refills are reasonable in price. I mate this up with the Cade ASB, I get a nice shave out of it and I could live with this as my only soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathers like crazy
Cons: A bit pricy and may be hard to find.
I purchased a puck of this at the local L'Occitaine shop. I was persuaded to do so by all of the positive reviews that I have read here. Let me say that this is a top quality shaving soap. It lathers extremely easily, the lather provides enough lubricity for a very comfortable shave and if you do not but the aluminum bowl, the price is not that bad. Being a soap, the moisturizing is OK. It neither left my face feeling line the Sahara nor like an oil slick. The scent was not there however. Many have commented on the scent of this soap and the puck I purchased had minimal, if any, scent.:confused1 The scent of a product is not a big deal for me, however. At $10.00US for a 100 gram puck, I would say that this soap is a very good value and I would certainly purchase it again.:001_smile
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent, easy to lather, nice aluminum dish
Cons: Mediocre Shave performance, leave my skin dry
To add to above reviews - the scent of this soap is excellent - light, very refined and very pleasant. The soap is easy to lather and will deliver a good shave.

Having said that - it's not the best performing soap in my rotation (thats MWF) and leaves my skin drier than other soaps I have.

I would not replace once done.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Wonderful Scent
Cons: Price
Good product. Lathers reasonably well once I got the right ratio. Overall its performance was fine, but there are other soaps ( Cella for example ) that are higher quality and lower in price in my opinion.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Good lather
Cons: Expensive (when bought with the bowl), scent
This is not a bad product, but it's not as great as everyone makes it out to be, IMHO. THe metal bowl is nice but expensive and comes separately from the soap. The lather is pretty good especially if you use soft water, but not in the tabac class.

THe scent is what I am not so happy about. It's quite detergent like and I don't know why every one raves about it! however, it's not that bad, and I got the ASB with it too.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, nurishing properties.
Cons: Doesnt last as long as others.
One of the best soaps out there period, the scent is ADDICTIVE.
Great performing soap over all, awesome face feeling afterwards, very nourished skin.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, what little there is, decent lather
Cons: almost no smell, leaves my skin dry, low efficacy
I love the Cade ASB so I was so excited to finally get a chance to try this soap. They don't sell it here so I bought it on my last trip home.

Where is the Cade sent? This is almost unscented.

It makes a decent lather but it does not provide the same level of protection my standards give (Tabac, MWF and Proraso). I tried it and tried again. If I want unscented AOS cream blows this away.

It does leave my skin very dry so I guess it is a good excuse to allot of their ASB.

I am so glad I did not buy the bowl. I will give let some of my local friends give it a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
i am not a product review person, but after paying 10 bucks a puck for this stuff i gotta say--average. period. arko smokes this stuff. you can hardly get thru the shave before the stuff is dried out on your face. fragrance--nice--nothing special. most info i read on this site is very accurate and great advice. but when it comes to this soap, sorry guys.
Price: I purchased soap with dish at a local L'Occitane shop. The price is deducted because of %20 discount. I paid $22 for the bowl and $11 for the soap itself. Normal prices is more expensive than in the USA.

Quality: It is really a triple-milled soap. Definitely quality of this soap with dish is top notch.

Scent: It smells like juniper forest. IMO "small-big country stock tale" is really true.

Lather: First, I'm not thrilled about the lather with super badger brush. I prefer the thick cushiony lather that MWF/Tabac or Arko provides me with. But I give a chance to my boar brush and the results is impressive(with more work also). It collects more water and dryness problem has ended.

Efficacy: Once I need to use more soap to get a decent lather on badger but the boar do not need more at all.

Moisturizing: This soap is not moisturize your face which you do not make lather with a proper way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price: It cost 9,50€ on a local L'Occitane shop.

Quality: This is an hard soap that will last long, very good quality.

Scent: Has a floral scent, maybe it's the juniper.

Lather: This soap creates a rich lather easily, just a few whirls with my badger brush and I have enough lather for 4 passes.

Efficacy: It is very efficient, creates a slick lather that will protect your skin against razor.

Moisturizing: The moisturizing proprieties are not the best in this soap, it has the tendency to dry your face.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
By far the best that I have tried and I count about 10.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I'm really loving Cade. I have hard water and have trouble with many soaps, but not this one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
As part of the Cade Challenge, I have been using this soap daily since the beginning of November, 2010. Of all of the soaps I've used, this is very much a mid-pack performer.

Price: Based on the price of the refill puck, it's a great value at $10.

Quality: The ingredients are very good and it has a great scent, but that is counterbalanced by its latherability and overall performance.

Scent: Awesome. It has a great dry herbal scent with strong juniper notes. It is as unique as any scent out there, and one I love.

Lather: I have found this to be one finicky soap to lather. Too much water up front, and its a frothy mess. Too little product loaded and you have a thin, yet slick lather. It took me quite awhile to get down the technique of heavily loading a pretty dry brush, and slowly adding water to build the lather.

Efficacy: This can be a very good lather when you get it right, but in my hands it's touchy to make, and a bit too little or too much water can tip the quality of the lather in the wrong direction.

Moisturizing: My skin is left feeling a little parched. It's a good fall soap for me, but not ideal for winter. It does not hold a candle to the moisturizing ability of its French compatriots Institut Karite and Provence Sante soaps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)