What's new

L'Occitane Cade shaving soap

Item Description

I bought this soap just before Christmas last year at one of our big department stores after hearing many good reports about it. I must say that it's a top-of-the-line soap, it smells beautiful, lathers like a son-of-a-gun, gives an awesome shave, but it has 2 drawbacks, one small one, being that it leaves my skin a little on the dry side, and one rather big one, it's awfully expensive. Yet, I feel it's well worth trying.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: Fragence and Longevity
Cons: None
I picked this soap up at the Mall in Baton Rouge in the summer of '16. It lasted until the new year!. I shave face and scalp practically every day. It smells great, lathers great, and shaves great. I have no real complaints. Its also affordable. Bought it across the way from "The Art of Shaving". it was less than half the price. Only drawback is that I had to go in a French makeup store to get it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy load, billowy lather, good protection
Cons: Slightly pricey
I bought this on a whim after getting my first TAOS Royal Shave. I was in the Mall at Millennia and across from TAOS was a L'Occitane shop. I had heard good things about their shaving soaps and creams so I decided to take a look. The men's section was in plain sight by the counter and the soap was a centerpiece of the display. At $12 a puck it's a better deal than TAOS soap, so I bought one without the metal bowl.

I regret nothing. This soap is the best I have used to date along with RazoRock, and I see myself buying more of it when I run out. I used an Omega boar brush and face lathered. The resulting lather was very dense, had a perfect if basic soap smell, and provided me with ample protection and no dryness.

If you haven't tried this already, do so.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Wonderful Scent
Cons: Price
Good product. Lathers reasonably well once I got the right ratio. Overall its performance was fine, but there are other soaps ( Cella for example ) that are higher quality and lower in price in my opinion.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)