L'Occitane Cade shaving soap

Average User Rating:
0.658537/5,
  • I bought this soap just before Christmas last year at one of our big department stores after hearing many good reports about it. I must say that it's a top-of-the-line soap, it smells beautiful, lathers like a son-of-a-gun, gives an awesome shave, but it has 2 drawbacks, one small one, being that it leaves my skin a little on the dry side, and one rather big one, it's awfully expensive. Yet, I feel it's well worth trying.

Jeff

Recent User Reviews

1. HBLavaFish
    4/5,
    "I picked this soap up at the Mall in Baton Rouge i"
    Pros - Fragence and Longevity
    Cons - None
    I picked this soap up at the Mall in Baton Rouge in the summer of '16. It lasted until the new year!. I shave face and scalp practically every day. It smells great, lathers great, and shaves great. I have no real complaints. Its also affordable. Bought it across the way from "The Art of Shaving". it was less than half the price. Only drawback is that I had to go in a French makeup store to get it.
    Price:
    4/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Lather:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing:
    3/5,
  2. PhillyB
    5/5,
    "I bought this on a whim after getting my first TAO"
    Pros - Easy load, billowy lather, good protection
    Cons - Slightly pricey
    I bought this on a whim after getting my first TAOS Royal Shave. I was in the Mall at Millennia and across from TAOS was a L'Occitane shop. I had heard good things about their shaving soaps and creams so I decided to take a look. The men's section was in plain sight by the counter and the soap was a centerpiece of the display. At $12 a puck it's a better deal than TAOS soap, so I bought one without the metal bowl.

I regret nothing. This soap is the best I have used to date along with RazoRock, and I see myself buying more of it when I run out. I used an Omega boar brush and face lathered. The resulting lather was very dense, had a perfect if basic soap smell, and provided me with ample protection and no dryness.

If you haven't tried this already, do so.
    Price:
    4/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Lather:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Efficacy:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing:
    4/5,
  3. Antal
    3/5,
    "Good product. Lathers reasonably well once I got t"
    Pros - Wonderful Scent
    Cons - Price
    Good product. Lathers reasonably well once I got the right ratio. Overall its performance was fine, but there are other soaps ( Cella for example ) that are higher quality and lower in price in my opinion.
    Price:
    2/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Lather:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing:
    4/5,