What's new

L'Occitane Cade shaving soap

Price: It cost 9,50€ on a local L'Occitane shop.

Quality: This is an hard soap that will last long, very good quality.

Scent: Has a floral scent, maybe it's the juniper.

Lather: This soap creates a rich lather easily, just a few whirls with my badger brush and I have enough lather for 4 passes.

Efficacy: It is very efficient, creates a slick lather that will protect your skin against razor.

Moisturizing: The moisturizing proprieties are not the best in this soap, it has the tendency to dry your face.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price: I purchased soap with dish at a local L'Occitane shop. The price is deducted because of %20 discount. I paid $22 for the bowl and $11 for the soap itself. Normal prices is more expensive than in the USA.

Quality: It is really a triple-milled soap. Definitely quality of this soap with dish is top notch.

Scent: It smells like juniper forest. IMO "small-big country stock tale" is really true.

Lather: First, I'm not thrilled about the lather with super badger brush. I prefer the thick cushiony lather that MWF/Tabac or Arko provides me with. But I give a chance to my boar brush and the results is impressive(with more work also). It collects more water and dryness problem has ended.

Efficacy: Once I need to use more soap to get a decent lather on badger but the boar do not need more at all.

Moisturizing: This soap is not moisturize your face which you do not make lather with a proper way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
i am not a product review person, but after paying 10 bucks a puck for this stuff i gotta say--average. period. arko smokes this stuff. you can hardly get thru the shave before the stuff is dried out on your face. fragrance--nice--nothing special. most info i read on this site is very accurate and great advice. but when it comes to this soap, sorry guys.
I've used this over a dozen times so far and don't like it. Have to be honest, the lather is airy, thin, and dries too fast. I could barely smell it but what I could smell was not particularly appealing, not unpleasant just not something I liked much, definitely a summer fragrance. Shaving performance was sub-par due to thin, airy lather. I may be being a little harsh after using higher end products in close price range. If you're looking for sensitive skin soaps on a budget I recommend Pre de Provence or Karite over this one. I'd give their lip balm a 10, but the shaving soap isn't high on my list. I'm planning to throw it in my shower for body soap.
I just picked up a puck for $10 along with the small AS. I found the scent to be pleasing (not what I was expecting to be honest). It lathed easily on the cake and the lather was slick. My only problem with the soap is that it is a bit drying (my favorite soap is AoS lavender which has tallow) but it was not bad at all. A great purchase for the price but I still prefer AoS or Truefitt soaps. And as a side note the AS worked well.
Second purchase of high end soaps and now the best one in my rotation out of all my soaps and creams. Fantastic scent and super slick and cushioning, simply superb. Just buy the refills to save some money but, whatever you do, try some!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
All time favorite soap... Out of my 10+ soaps this is my go to soap... Love the clean smell, great price and unbelievable shave..
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
L'Occitane has a winner here. $10 for the 100g refill of one of the best shaving soaps available. It's every bit as good as Tabac, Trumper's, and any of the other brands. And it has a fantastic understated woody smell, lathers like crazy (I use it with a boar brush and the lather is thick, moist, and creamy), is slick as you'd want, and wonderfully protective.

Great stuff.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This soap does everything for me. The scent is subtle and pleasant, the lather is fluffy, the cushion is incredible. It;s a keeper!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Price: I purchased it at a L'Occitane shop in Antwerp and the price is the same for the complete Eurozone I believe. €22 for the bowl and €9 for the soap itself More expensive than in the USA that is.

Quality: Definitely inferior to soaps in the same price range (e.g., D.R. Harris, Gold-Dachs, etc.)

Scent: Top notch. This is the only aspect where the soap really shines.

Lather: I'm really dissapointed about the lather. I prefer the thick cushiony lather that e.g. D.R. Harris provides me with. The lather also tends to fade and dry on my face.

Efficacy: I need to use more soap to get a lather that is really inferior to others.

Moisturizing: This soap tends to dry my face more than my other soaps.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
It lathers well, the scent is fine, the metal bowl is especially nice. In fact it lathers more profusely than most english triple milled non tallow soaps, however that's about the only advantage if one can call it that.
This soap has added oils such as Juniper oil, and other wood oils however it lacks the slickness of english soaps. It also lacks moisturizing which I don't quite understand since it has added oils?!

If you're used to the english soaps, you may find this quite lacking.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
My wife bought me a puck of this soap on impulse a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it for the past week or so.

Overall, I'm very impressed with it. I had no difficulty whipping up a consistently rich, slick, long-lasting lather, which is amazing because my soap lathering skills are not the best. I received no nicks or cuts with either cartridge or DE razors while shaving with this soap and the lather really lets the razor glide smoothly; it also rinses very cleanly and did not clog any of my razors. The soap was not particularly moisturizing for me but it didn't dry my skin out either, so I went with an above-the-middle rating for that. My wife and I both love the clean scent; I just wish it lasted longer.

The only complaint I have about the soap is the price in comparison to a puck of VdH or Williams. However, this is definitely a case of getting what you pay for; so far, the brush has barely scratched the surface of the puck, so the per-shave price will probably turn out comparable to or better than the lower-priced soaps. Even if it doesn't, I'm willing to spend a little extra for a soap of this caliber. I'm making Cade a regular part of my shaving routine.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
CADE is truly wonderful and amazing stuff. This was my first foray into soaps and I wasn't disappointed, in fact trying CADE converted me to soaps from creams.

The lather is a combined mixture of being like slick whipped cream, and extremely moisturizing. The scent is great, very subtle but very manly. Delivered a wonderful nick free BBS shave.

Price wise, its expensive 'if' you decide to purchase the bowl, however refills are extremely well priced at $10-12.

Brilliant stuff and you MUST try it. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Great stuff, expensive if you buy with a bowl, but I just couldn't resist, it looks great. but refills are well priced for such quality product
lather is great, and lathers up really fast. scent is overall great, but there is sth that i can't define, and it bothers me a bit in the smell of it, reminds me of a ordinary hand soap, so for a second it makes the scent cheap...

but a great product, one of my favorites...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I've had excellent results with this soap despite my hard water. The soap is very moisturizing, which makes it excellent for the dry winters in Alberta. I'ts got a warm spicy scent which somehow doesn't seem too old, or rustic. The bowl is a bit of a let-down though. I've been using it for a number of years, and it continues to corrode. I understand that they've since corrected the problem, but my aluminum bowl leaves black deposits all over the soap. When I start getting down to the end of a puck I just scrape it out and start a new one. I rated the price a little lower for that reason. The bowl is expensive, and results in me getting use out of maybe 80g of the 100g puck of soap. Overall it's a very impressive product, but I'd prefer it in a wooden bowl.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
When you first purchase the bowl, it looks wonderful. The polished metal and the snug fitting soap certainly make an impression. However, the bowl quickly tarnishes, and there really is very little room to create any lather. The bowl needs to be slightly bigger to accomodate the resulting lather, but as it is, creating a lather is a slightly tedious process. The soap itself is high quality, producing a deep, rich lather in no time at all.The scent is fairly subtle, but it is refreshing and unlikely to clash with the cologne you have chosen for the day. The soaps from L'Occitane are invariably of a very high standard, and this is no different, but the packaging leaves quite a lot to be desired.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Not the best... But very good for a non tallow soap.

Anyone find anything to put this huge thing in besides the WAY overpriced tin? I only bought the soap. I paid $10 for the soap. I don't know what you guys call expensive but this is cheap compared to almost anything else out there.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
OVerall, I prefer shaving soap to shaving cream and this is one of my favorites. Not in the leagues of Tabac for overall performance, but it smells much better and is a clear number 2. As others have noted the metal container is interesting but like the MWF caontainer before it, not even remotely worth the price. Buy the soap alone and put it in your own container, or just leave it as a puck - it will last a LONG time.

Recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
There isn't much I can add that hasn't already been said.
This is the soap I always reach for.
Picked up just the refill and couldn't be happier. :thumbup:
Had my first Cade soap en route and somebody decided to cut open the mailer and steal it before it reached me. Perhaps a testament to how awesome this soap is?
Top Bottom