What's new

L'Occitane CADE Shaving Cream

Item Description

I really have enjoyed every product from L'Occitane, I've come into contact with, so with the other shaving products being of such high quality, I thought what the hell. I'll give it a whirl. Wow, was I Wrong! The tube which really doesn't work as well as a tub is the high point of the product. Once you get the product out and into the lather bowl, and you breath in expecting the crisp woodsy, herbal aroma of the aftershaves and instead you are assaulted by generic deodorant stink. And once you work the stuff into a lather, mind you a lather about as thick as facewash creates. The products feels very thick and soothing, so I did try it without a brush and it's worse. My skin actually hurt and on one half of my face, I couldn't even attempt a shave, it felt like I was going to break out in hives, just burning from the cream. All in all, I don't have a single positive thing to say about this product. It is the worst shaving cream, I've ever tried. IMO, Edge Gel is far superior to this product. But in L'Occitane's defense, their aftershaves are fantastic as are their soap. So still go to the store, lots of good stuff to be had, just avoid this cream like the plague.

If you'd like to discuss this cream, check it out, right here.

Latest reviews

Pros: scent, lather-ability, almost everything
Cons: price
This review is of the new formulation in the tub. I have soft water and used about an almond size blob in my scuttle. I shook my brush out and it was pretty dry, I was expecting to have to add a lot of water but from the 5th or so swirl around my scuttle, the lather EXPLODED! This has to be the easiest cream to lather in the world! The scent is green/woodsy and I really like it, the scent outlasted my AS (TSD iced cedar wood) and SWMBO kept sniffing me saying that stuff's a keeper. Good thing there's a L'Occitane store in a mall 15 mins away!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Beautiful scent, Smooth and protective lather
Cons: A bit pricey, but hey, you get what you pay for.
I discovered this on OSL Airport Gardemoen (Norway) I was a bit reluctant to buy it at fist, due to the reviews on this site, but I decided to give it a go.

And man, I am hglad I did.

The scent is fantastic, and the lather is soft and excellent. Yes, it takes a bit more product and a little bit more time to build it up. But you will get rewarded with a smooth and protective lather.

The scent is a 10, but due to the fact that it is a bit weak(compared to Musgo and Proraso) I give it a strong 9.

If youre in doubt, buy it. If you dont like it, you could always use B/S/T or PIF it.

Enjoy
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick lather, nice scent, great shave
Cons: on the expensive side but that's about it.
I am a recent convert to the Cade product line from L'Occataine and have been very impressed with the shaving soap and ASB. Ok I'm traveling this week and I needed some shaving cream for the kit and I decided to give the Cade shaving cream a shot despite the reviews on here. Ok, I had two shaves at home using my Muhle silver tip brush and one this morning with my Kent pure badger travel brush, I'm using the same razor an Edwin Jagger DE89 with a Gillette 7 o'clock blade. On all occasions I got a BBS shave with minimal fuss. Granted it's a bit more than the English Shaving Creams that begin with the letter T but I get 150ml in the tube so I think cost wise it comes out in wash. Would I recommend this cream, yes I would.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)