What's new

Klar Seifen Rasierwasser Klassik

Item Description

Gentlemen,

I have spent several days using Klar Seifen aftershave splash, and I wanted to take a moment to post a proper review. First off, I would like to extend my appreciation to Phil of Bullgoose Shaving for making this product available to those of us in the United States.

proxy.php

Ingredients
Alcohol, Aqua, Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginia, Isopropylmyristate, Menthol, Lactic acid, Allatonin, Glycerin, Linalool, Limonen, Benzylbenzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Methyl-Ionone

Packaging
The aftershave comes in a substantive 50ml bottle, which is enclosed in a stiff double box. The graphics are understated and elegant. The bottle has a flow restrictor which makes it very easy to control the amount of product you use.

Price
Given the relative difficulty in getting this product to the US, I understand why it costs as much as it does. That said, I expect this to be a barrier for many gentlemen out there. Note: I am not meaning to paint Phil in a bad light. You can look at the price-points for more "available" products on his site and see that he isn't a gouger.

Efficacy
I am not an expert on such matters, but it is moisturizing, though nowhere near as much as, say, Musgo Real's aftershave splash. I can say that it is calming, though not on the order of Speick. There is some alcohol burn, but it is mild compared to many other products. The menthol is cooling, though not overly strong. More experienced gents may be able to infer more from the ingredients list.

Scent
I don't have much to compare it to, but I would place it in the same neighborhood as Tüff Herb. My wife disagrees, saying that Tüff Herb is sweeter and more musky. The scent's longevity is, for me, on par with Tüff Herb, in that it lasts for hours. While I cannot offer more on the scent, my wife indicates that it is both musky and powdery. I wish I could be more specific, but my nose is not very well trained in these matters.

Conclusion
On the whole, I am pleased with my purchase. I like the scent well enough to keep using it, though I will likely dial it back some after I have had an opportunity to develop a more experienced opinion on the stuff. My thanks again to Phil for getting the Klar Seifen products to the US market!

Latest reviews

Price: This isn't the cheapest stuff out there. Actually, I'd consider it to be quite expensive.

Quality: It comes in a stout, clean bottle with a nice chrome plastic cap. It seems very German to me. The bottle does not take up much counter space.

Fights Razor Burn: I haven't had a problem with razor burn after using this. That may be attributable to the Klar soap I use before, which I find to be great.

Scent: Very close to the shaving soap's scent, but perhaps a bit stronger. It's spicy and musky and very manly. The scent seems to last a couple hours, but it might linger a tiny bit on clothes for much of the day.

Moisturizing: It doesn't moisturize as well as a balm (quite obviously) but it is no slouch in this regard. On the driest days it might dry me out a bit, but the effect is soon gone.

No Alcohol Burn: It's called "Rasierwasser" for a reason. I get very little burn out of this stuff. If I butcher myself a bit, I'll get some slight burn. Otherwise, it's smooth sailing.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Gentlemen,

I have spent several days using Klar Seifen aftershave splash, and I wanted to take a moment to post a proper review. First off, I would like to extend my appreciation to Phil of Bullgoose Shaving for making this product available to those of us in the United States.

proxy.php

Ingredients
Alcohol, Aqua, Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginia, Isopropylmyristate, Menthol, Lactic acid, Allatonin, Glycerin, Linalool, Limonen, Benzylbenzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Methyl-Ionone

Packaging
The aftershave comes in a substantive 50ml bottle, which is enclosed in a stiff double box. The graphics are understated and elegant. The bottle has a flow restrictor which makes it very easy to control the amount of product you use.

Price
Given the relative difficulty in getting this product to the US, I understand why it costs as much as it does. That said, I expect this to be a barrier for many gentlemen out there. Note: I am not meaning to paint Phil in a bad light. You can look at the price-points for more "available" products on his site and see that he isn't a gouger.

Efficacy
I am not an expert on such matters, but it is moisturizing, though nowhere near as much as, say, Musgo Real's aftershave splash. I can say that it is calming, though not on the order of Speick. There is some alcohol burn, but it is mild compared to many other products. The menthol is cooling, though not overly strong. More experienced gents may be able to infer more from the ingredients list.

Scent
I don't have much to compare it to, but I would place it in the same neighborhood as Tüff Herb. My wife disagrees, saying that Tüff Herb is sweeter and more musky. The scent's longevity is, for me, on par with Tüff Herb, in that it lasts for hours. While I cannot offer more on the scent, my wife indicates that it is both musky and powdery. I wish I could be more specific, but my nose is not very well trained in these matters.

Conclusion
On the whole, I am pleased with my purchase. I like the scent well enough to keep using it, though I will likely dial it back some after I have had an opportunity to develop a more experienced opinion on the stuff. My thanks again to Phil for getting the Klar Seifen products to the US market!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)