What's new

Kelvin

Item Description

-Extra grip and short handle for improved dexterity
-Unique Grip with potential to make this a collector's item.

Latest reviews

Pros: Mild-ish, easy to find the right angle, plays nice with many blades with predictable results
Cons: None yet. Have heard that the threads can break off the head if you drop it.
EJDE89 Kelvin was my first DE razor and still one of my favorites. In fact, I use it as a baseline for how a razor should work for me. Same mild, efficiency as a post-war tech. Short(er) knurled handle make it easy to use and maneuver. If my ever breaks, I will buy another. Chrome is flawless even though the base is zamak.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very attractive design, beautiful chrome, well balanced, affordable
Cons: Durability of threaded stud very poor
Beautiful design & chrome finish. Well balanced and fits my (average size) hand perfectly. Attractive price. However, after only 4 months of careful use, the threaded stud broke off. Was not being cross threaded, torqued or ever dropped. The material used in the threaded stud and head cover are simply poor quality and need to be upgraded. Not a durable product, even under careful use.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice size, great balance and weight
I use this for my travel razor (and have been doing so for several years) because it is small enough for the travel kit and has the same head as my EJ Chatsworth Barley that I use on a daily basis at home. It is of excellent quality, durable and cleans up very well. Always gives great shaves.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)