What's new

Jockey Club brilliantine

Item Description

Price: Only $1.50 for a bottle at Dollar General
Quality: High, for the price. Ingredients are as basic as it gets...only mineral oil and scent
Moisturizing: Weightless moisture to hair and scalp. Jockey Club has same ingredients as old Vaseline hair tonic and "checks dry scalp"
Scent: Spicy lavender, very good. Smells good when used alongside Aqua Velva Ice Blue. They also make another scent called "Maderas" which I have ordered and is on it's way.
Efficacy: One of the most efficacious products I have tried lately, gives hair an old school wet (not greasy), well-groomed look but does not weigh down hair at all since it is only oil. Washes out like it's not even there. Has more hold than I thought it would, but still not as much as a pomade. My hair stays in place all day.
Packaging: Very nice for the price. Comes in a glass bottle with a classic fox-hunt scene on label. It looks classy sitting on the shelf.

Bottom-line, I am loving this product. Just like Vaseline hair tonic it is only mineral oil and scent. Oil was the recipe for the classic looks of actors and gentlemen a long time ago. Vaseline hair tonic is no longer available in the U.S., except on ebay, and from what I understand it had/has a pretty dedicated following.

I really like how simple the product is and it gives a very classic look because hair is left wet/slick but is not weighed down at all if you use a smaller dose...a litle goes a looooooong way. I only use a splash of it massaged well into my hair and scalp. I am starting to prefer this basic alternative to heavier weight pomades or other hair dressings. I have also received positive feedback from others on the look of this compared to heavier hair dressings because the hair has a well-groomed/slicked sheen yet still looks "natural."

The downside is that it is hard to find. I stumbled across some old stock at a Dollar General right next to Tres Flores brilliantine, which is also just mineral oil and scent. However, it is available online in both liquid and solid versions.

Latest reviews

Price: Only $1.50 for a bottle at Dollar General
Quality: High, for the price. Ingredients are as basic as it gets...only mineral oil and scent
Moisturizing: Weightless moisture to hair and scalp. Jockey Club has same ingredients as old Vaseline hair tonic and "checks dry scalp"
Scent: Spicy lavender, very good. Smells good when used alongside Aqua Velva Ice Blue. They also make another scent called "Maderas" which I have ordered and is on it's way.
Efficacy: One of the most efficacious products I have tried lately, gives hair an old school wet (not greasy), well-groomed look but does not weigh down hair at all since it is only oil. Washes out like it's not even there. Has more hold than I thought it would, but still not as much as a pomade. My hair stays in place all day.
Packaging: Very nice for the price. Comes in a glass bottle with a classic fox-hunt scene on label. It looks classy sitting on the shelf.

Bottom-line, I am loving this product. Just like Vaseline hair tonic it is only mineral oil and scent. Oil was the recipe for the classic looks of actors and gentlemen a long time ago. Vaseline hair tonic is no longer available in the U.S., except on ebay, and from what I understand it had/has a pretty dedicated following.

I really like how simple the product is and it gives a very classic look because hair is left wet/slick but is not weighed down at all if you use a smaller dose...a litle goes a looooooong way. I only use a splash of it massaged well into my hair and scalp. I am starting to prefer this basic alternative to heavier weight pomades or other hair dressings. I have also received positive feedback from others on the look of this compared to heavier hair dressings because the hair has a well-groomed/slicked sheen yet still looks "natural."

The downside is that it is hard to find. I stumbled across some old stock at a Dollar General right next to Tres Flores brilliantine, which is also just mineral oil and scent. However, it is available online in both liquid and solid versions.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)