What's new

Institut Karite Shave Cream

Item Description

Well, I bought the Institut Karite soap and instantly fell in love with it. Fantastic clean scent, and it did an awesome job on the whiskers. Nice glide and cushion. It left my face feeling good and rinsed away clean.

The cream has to be more of the same, right?

I found it otherwise. The scent is there - wow! Smells really good. A powdery clean aroma that makes me want to shave. I started in with it and instantly was disappointed. No matter what I did, I did not get a lather that stayed. It disappeared shortly after applying it to my face.

The slide and glide of the soap was notably lacking too. It was OK, but compared to the soap? Nah.

Cleanup is a mess. The stuff does not want to come out of my brush or off my face. That's OK if you want the moisturizing of this stuff, and it excels at that. But it's a so-so shave cream.

I'm glad I bought the small tube. Less to toss out. It is quite pricy for what you get, and frankly there are far better creams out there. Sorry, Institut Karite. You missed the boat here.

Latest reviews

I found this to be a horrible cream. Never got it to lather properly!
PipPip;1775009 said:
I did a bit of research on how to lather with shea butter based shaved creams before using this product, which I didn't actually buy - my wife got it amongst a load of IK products that she bought at significant discount. The technique I used was to soak the entire tube in hot water at the same time as my brush whilst I showered. Then I took an almond sized blob of cream onto the palm of my left hand, shook nearly all the water out of my brush and started working the cream into the brush. Twice I dipped the tips of the brush into hot water whilst doing this. Once the brush was well loaded and cream brokern down I warmed my bowl in hot water and then switched to swirling the loaded brush in the bowl. Twice more I dipped the tips of the brush in hot water whilst working up the lather in the bowl. The result was rich, thick and creamy lather that did a nice job. I preferred it to my usual TOBS Lemon/Lime cream.

Common sense really. Does it tell you all this on the packaging?
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I did a bit of research on how to lather with shea butter based shaved creams before using this product, which I didn't actually buy - my wife got it amongst a load of IK products that she bought at significant discount. The technique I used was to soak the entire tube in hot water at the same time as my brush whilst I showered. Then I took an almond sized blob of cream onto the palm of my left hand, shook nearly all the water out of my brush and started working the cream into the brush. Twice I dipped the tips of the brush into hot water whilst doing this. Once the brush was well loaded and cream brokern down I warmed my bowl in hot water and then switched to swirling the loaded brush in the bowl. Twice more I dipped the tips of the brush in hot water whilst working up the lather in the bowl. The result was rich, thick and creamy lather that did a nice job. I preferred it to my usual TOBS Lemon/Lime cream.

Item information

Added by
MikeLip
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from MikeLip

Top Bottom