What's new

Groom and Clean

Item Description

I just picked up some Groom and Clean from my local Rite Aid and tried it out today.

Price: for a small tube it is around $6, which is a tad high compared to other products.

Quality: standby since the 50s.

Scent: really strong and lasts too long

Efficacy: has moderate holding power and is minimally greasy compared to pomades and brilliantine.

Try it out and see if it is for you.

Latest reviews

Pros: Price and hold
Cons: Smell
Groom and Clean is similar to Brylcreem except: it has more hold, less shine, different (I would say worse) smell, it washes out completely, and it's cheaper. Ok, so I guess maybe it doesn't compare to Brylcreem after all.

The only big drawback to this product for me is the smell. It's hard to describe, but, to me, it smells like laundry detergent. On the bright side, if you don't use a large amount, the smell goes away for the most part. Try it out for yourself. Some people really like the way it smells, and maybe it will grow on me.

The biggest positives for this product are the price and performance. This stuff is dirt cheap and it provides decent hold (better than Brylcreem) without making your hair stiff or hard. Also, this stuff is completely water soluble, unlike most pomades that I've used.

All in all, I recomend that everyone try this product to see if it's for you. If you like the businessman part look, this is good stuff, except for the smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive, nice smell, great feeling
Cons: None?
I just started using this and I have to say it's wonderful. I gave it a 10 for price. For about $3.50 I was able to get a big tube and a little goes a long way. I gave it a 9 for quality just because I'm sure it could always be better. It doesn't lather at all. I feel like the 'groom' side of the product makes my scalp feel healthier, so it gave it a 3 for moisturizing. I love the smell but I'm sure it's not for everyone.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
This product is great for longer hair...I would suggest using it for a part. It provides decent hold and a great shine.

The smell lasts a long time...kind of reminds me of a barber. Very strong.

The reason I like this product best is that it is water based. It doesn't leave your hair greasy and it isn't a pain to get out. It just needs to be rinsed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)