What's new

Goal

Item Description

So I have seen the discussion thread on this type of blade here on the forums, but the packaging is different and do not know the origin of these blades.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/117725-Gillette-Goal-DE-Blades?highlight=Gillette%20Goal

However, I received a couple of these blades in a sampler pack that I purchased online. After going through many of the blades in these packs I've decided that these are hands down the best blade of the bunch (at least for my beard type). The best things about these blades are the fact that they are so easy on your skin.

I've tried Derby, Feather, Bluebird, Astra platinums, Gillette 7o'clock (yellow), and Gillette platinums. All of these blades left irritation. The Goal blades however while not quite as sharp as a feather or bluebird, were sharp enough for a two pass shave that was the closest I've ever had. Not to mention I get 6-7 shaves out of one blade.

Price: 10 (100 blades about 20 bucks)
Quality:10(good shave for the price)
Sharpness:9
Longevity: 10
Smoothness of shave:10
Packaging: 7 (seems a little goofy)

Latest reviews

Cons: Rough
Part of a sample pack I received. So far this one is my least favorite. I could tell the difference immediately compared to the others in the pack. It's interesting to me that when a blade is really good, it's difficult to tell the difference. But when a blade isn't that good, it really stands out.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Didn't last long for me
I only got 2 shaves out of these and they are no Feathers!
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, smooth & resilient.
Cons: Use good prep.
I have used three of these blades & IMO it is very prep dependent. With good prep and a slick soap/cream this is definitely a Tier 1 blade that is right up there with Bolzano. A few times I used it I did not have great results, but later discovered it was the Indian & not the arrow as I was doing a hurried prep. This is a superb blade that is IMO the best India has to offer. Better than the 7 O'clock Black.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)