What's new

Gillette Super adjustable

Item Description

I have been using one of these super adjustables for the past two-three weeks and have been very impressed with it. In the end, I get the best shaves with my Gillette Heavy Duty but this razor still does a darn good job.

Latest reviews

Pros: perfect handle for my hand
Cons: i can't think of one
This is my razor of choice. I used this when I first started shaving in the 1970's and it's still a great razor and in nearly mint condition (the paint on some of the numbers has worn off). I find my best shave on setting 7 and the long handle works well for my large hands. It also allows me to use the razor weight as the main movement force. I can't recommend this razor highly enough. I'm using the German Wilkinson blades right now and it's a perfect combination.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very adjustable
Cons: Don't like the short handled version as much.
I prefer the longer handled version. My rating for grip is the short handle. Should get a 10 for long handle even though I have small hands. A great newbie razor as well as experienced.
Adjusting the gap allows for shaves at different whisker lengths and thicker soaps/creams. A HUGE feature to me! I will never need another razor.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Adjustability; quality
Cons: Balance?
I started DE shaving with a Progress LH, but after learning more I though the Gillette Super would be the "perfect" razor. It has TTO blade loading, adjustability, all metal construction, etc. I do think it's a fantastic razor and I'm sure it's perfect for many, but it seemed a bit less than the sum of it's parts for me. I also have a Slim and a Fat Boy and although I wouldn't call them perfect either, I seem to get better shaves from them more easily. Those both seem a bit better made than the Super and maybe the balance is a little better too? Hard to say. I still love the Super though and it's not going anywhere. At some point when my technique is better and I've had the chance to try more blades, perhaps it will be perfect for me.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)