What's new

Gillette Silver Blue

Item Description

These blades last for a long time, are very sharp, and provide a very smooth shave. I received them as a sample pack from suffolksupplies, and have enjoyed them very much so far. I'll break the ratings down by category:

Price: I got these for free, so the price was good for me. However, as suffolksupplies is the only place I know how to get them, I will rate the price according to what he charges for them.

For a pack of 100 blades you can get them for about $32, shipped to the US. They're not the most expensive blades I've ever seen, but they're not exactly the cheapest either. Price is closer to the expensive range, but they're very good blades. Gave it a 6 on price.

Quality: These are very high quality blades. The consistency of quality has been high, the blades do well in terms of performance, and they are a reputable brand. Overall, I don't think lack of quality is an issue at all with these blades.

Sharpness: These blades are very sharp. They had no trouble with my beard. I would place sharpness somewhere between that of the Swedish Gillettes and Derby blades, closer to the sharpness of the Swedes. I had just gotten through with a Swedish blade when I used this, and the initial performance was comparable to what I had experienced with the Swedes in terms of sharpness.

Longevity: These blades lasted a while for me. I got four days of first-day quality shaves from them. No discernible decrease in performance with these blades until day 5, when the blade abruptly showed signs of starting to lose its edge. On day 6 it still performed very well, but by the end of the shave I wouldn't say the blade was comfortable anymore, so I tossed it. Relative to other blades, I would say they last slightly longer than the Swedish Gillettes.

Smoothness of shave: My first shave with this blade was VERY smooth. Smoother than any of the blades I had used before (Dorco, Merkur, Israelis, Derbys, and Swedish Gillettes). It had the sharpness of the Gillettes, but zero irritation whatsoever. It is like a remarkably smooth Swedish blade to me, and remains smooth throughout most of the blade's usability. I enjoyed this blade in terms of smoothness.

Packaging: The packaging on this blade is mediocre. The blades just come in a cardboard box, five to a box. The blades themselves are double wrapped, which is nice, but no dispenser. I included pictures below.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Latest reviews

Pros: 🪒
• Incredibly Smooth
Cons: 🪒
◦ Difficult to find at a decent price
◦ Smoothness led to more touch-up
First Impressions:
The blade is very smooth when I paired it with the Gillette Slim Adjustable on the lower settings. I have a personal preference for blade feel as I could feel where I've shaved. This pairing, however, has little blade feel. This results in a smooth shave, but, I had to do more touch-up to cover the spots I missed.

I would also note that I found this blade hard to find or expensive on places like RBC and AmazonSG. I eventually found it at a decent price on eBay, sold by someone in Turkey.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)

Attachments

• GSB2.jpg
    GSB2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • GSB1.jpg
    GSB1.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 66
  • GSB.jpg
    GSB.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Pros: Sharp
Cons: Not the smoothest blade out there
I really like these blades. They are sharp and stay sharp for about 5/6 shaves for me. I try to go 6 days on one blade. I use them in my Merkur and have been happy. They dont eat my face alive and by that I mean I don't have very much irritation after using them.

They can feel a little rough. Not bad enough to keep me from using them but just enough to notice.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: - More than sharp enough
- Very smooth
- Good blade life
Cons: None
I have 5 razors, a chinese gillette tech knock off, an actual gillette tech from the 70's, 2 black beauties one short and one long, and a slim. These blades perform perfectly in every single one, they are bar none the best blades I've used, I'd put polsilver as the best but they're a quite a bit more expensive for something that's only slightly better.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)